KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Mon Mothma

Mon Mothma
Started by: Xizor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dim
Creativity

Probably not

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 12:43 PM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

German for Angel.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 12:43 PM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Okay...for once I had it figured out smile

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 12:52 PM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

If you ever heard of the German techno band Rammstein, they have a song titled that.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 12:53 PM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Oh...yeah, I've heard of them.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 01:19 PM
tainted one

grammar

UBH, how is my grammar atrocious? i mean, it ain't like i never done no talkin befar.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 09:37 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

Re: grammar

Mothma is a neccisity to the prequels. In Ep2 I'd like to see her campaining in the senate against both Palpatine and cloning. I'd like to see her garnering support against Palpatine's stricter rules and dictatorshop like decisions, verbal fights in the senate would be cool. She can be shown as being a friend to Dodanna, Ob1, Bail and hopefully Garm Bel Iblis. In Ep3 she should have a much larger role. MM fights against slavery and the treatment of the Jedi. She's pinned as a traitor, discharged from the senate and watches as her accomplices are assasinated by Palpatine. She has to escape assasination herself and eventually only her, Bail and Iblis are left to start the rebel alliance. I still think Lucas shouldn't fill all the roles like hers with Aussies. He has enough cash to bring in an established american actress. I'd like to see McCormick, using the 50 something actor who played her in Jedi is not a good idea.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2000 03:55 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I agree that we do have to see her in the prequels...she's a very important factor in the Rebellion so it would seem silly not to include her. I don't have a clue who would play her though. I do think it's going to be an Aussie actress just because we haven't heard one little leak that has anything to do with her character (If she's in 2 at all). Mon's kind of hard to pin because she came across as a very soft spoken, sweet, not what you would think of as a leader of a Rebellion. It will be interesting to see if they keep that sort of soft quality about her or if they depict her with a little more fire...Either way it could make for a strange chemistry if she has any scenes (which I would think she would) with Palpatine...

Old Post Aug 25th, 2000 05:41 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

She may have been sweet, but as a younger woman she hopefully will have a temper towards the males who are reluctant to not let her have any say. Kind of like a real dictator.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2000 05:53 AM
Dim
Creativity

So we're hoping that she's a hothead who mellows with age?...that would be more in keeping with Lucas's type of strong female character.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2000 06:13 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

Not attitude, just a female with spunk.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2000 06:14 AM
Dim
Creativity

More like Marion Ravenwood...not like Willie Scott.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2000 06:32 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

Whoever they are, sure wink

Old Post Aug 25th, 2000 06:36 AM
Dim
Creativity

Female leads in the Indiana Jones movies

Old Post Aug 25th, 2000 06:40 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

Gotta watch it!, I'll see if I can buy it.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2000 06:41 AM
Dim
Creativity

Yeah..at least get Raiders of the Lost Ark..Marion's the best female lead...Temple of Doom is fun because it's so gross..I didn't know that you've never seen them...

Old Post Aug 25th, 2000 06:44 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

Remember, my "blockbuster" section is limited to SW, German Films, and a few select favs from movie stores in New York or Colorado. Also I thought you said the movie was Indiana Jones? Do they also play in Raiders of the Lost Ark and Temple of Doom?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2000 06:53 AM
Dim
Creativity

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom
Indiana Jones and The Search for Holy Grail (something like that)

What's a good German movie?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2000 07:00 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

Die Försterbuben
Schwarzwälder Kirsch
Nachts im Grünen Kakadu

I doubt any are in America.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2000 07:07 AM
Dim
Creativity

Well, translate them..(In case they are but they're dubbed)

I know I've seen some German films...but for the life of me I can't think what they are..is "Baxter" French or German?..I can't remember

Old Post Aug 25th, 2000 07:17 AM