KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » More Bombs in London [merged]

More Bombs in London [merged]
Started by: yerssot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

Three metrostations evacuated in London

thursday 21/07/05 -In London, three metrostations were evacuated. The Firedepartment and other help are at the scene. The police is refering to "multiple incidents". It is unclear what is happening.

The metrostations of Warren Steet Shepherds Bush and Oval are evacuated. Warren Street got evacuated after the news that smoke came out of the tubes.

A witness told a fellow traveler that a small explosion had blew up a backpack.

Anonymous sources at the subways are talking about a nailbomb and a shooting. Also there is a claim that detonators went off and not real bombs.

The police furthermore refered to an incident at a buss in Hackney, East London.

More news will follow.

(source: vrtnieuws.net)

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 01:05 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

The bus-incident caused no victims, only one window got blown out.

The police doesn't count this all as a "serious incident" yet but Tony Blair has postponed his visit nontheless.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 01:11 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

sad looks like a new trend.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 01:14 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

The police chief has "upgraded" the incident to "very serious", saying there were four explosions or attempts to explode, the bombs are smaller than those of two weeks ago.
Scotland Yard have asked people to stay inside. The number of victims have been labeled as "limited".

According to Associated Press, men in chemical protectionsuits went to the station of Warren Street.
Talk has it that armed policemen have entered the University College Hospital, later on they enclosed it.

Mayor Ken Livingstone already cancelled a visit he would do today.

Last edited by yerssot on Jul 21st, 2005 at 01:48 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 01:43 PM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

yeah i just seen this on the news wtf is with these people.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 01:58 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

A witness saw someone throw a backpack in and ran, the person could get out since people's attempts to catch him failed.

A trainguard said, according to the victim:
"Everybody off the train! We're evacuating the station." With people running into a carriage screaming: "Smoke! Smoke!"

The stations that got hit are:
Shepherds Bush
Warren Street
Oval

The bus was on:
Hackney Road

The situation has not been lifted up to a "major incident" yet.

Police Chief of London:
- 4 explosions, bus has no injured
- metro had only detonators and a nailbomb possibly but the bombs failed, they think
- police went into a hospital, at this very moment they have arrested someone and are searching him
- Oval has no chemical traces of a bomb
- they think the main cause this time was to cause panic
- three light injured police officers have been reported

Last edited by yerssot on Jul 21st, 2005 at 02:07 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 02:03 PM
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

Completely depressing.

Worse over, it's only a matter of time before Novusordo starts up on the numerology and goverment crap.

Artwork by Cinemaddiction!!!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 02:07 PM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Les yeux clos
Wisdomous

I was just watching the coverage on the BBC, armed police just arrested a guy outside of Whitehall....I thought they might leave England alone for awhile

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 02:54 PM
Les yeux clos is currently offline Click here to Send Les yeux clos a Private Message Find more posts by Les yeux clos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uneeklyconfused
Fujoshi

thoes are/were prety scary
shepards bush is quite close to where i live...

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 02:59 PM
Uneeklyconfused is currently offline Click here to Send Uneeklyconfused a Private Message Find more posts by Uneeklyconfused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piggle Humsy
Wiggle4life

I was watching the news as it came in, been watching it all day since it happened.

sounds to me like it was some kind of amateur copycat attempt....

Just glad it seems to have been a failed attempt... only 1 injury.

..T H I N K I N G.. ..B E E A N.

Last edited by Piggle Humsy on Jul 21st, 2005 at 03:09 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 03:06 PM
Piggle Humsy is currently offline Click here to Send Piggle Humsy a Private Message Find more posts by Piggle Humsy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Les yeux clos
Wisdomous

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Uneeklyconfused
thoes are/were prety scary
shepards bush is quite close to where i live...
Damn..that's scary sad

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 03:43 PM
Les yeux clos is currently offline Click here to Send Les yeux clos a Private Message Find more posts by Les yeux clos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uneeklyconfused
Fujoshi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fionnuala
Damn..that's scary sad

yea i know ... im just hoping that thoes 'incidents' dont get any closer....

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 03:48 PM
Uneeklyconfused is currently offline Click here to Send Uneeklyconfused a Private Message Find more posts by Uneeklyconfused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

More Bombs in London

I was in Knightsbridge London today. We had Four more explosions and it took me two hours to drive home it usually only takes thirty minutes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4703777.stm

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 04:12 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Thankfully only one injured...

Two arrested is the latest...

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 04:14 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was in Knightsbridge today I went home past the Oval station back into South London. It takes me 30 minutes normally to get home today it took two hours. London is under siege, but we will keep not bow to terrorism.

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 04:15 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crickey77

This whole thing is crazy... Its hard to believe that anyone could do this kind of thing.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 04:21 PM
crickey77 is currently offline Click here to Send crickey77 a Private Message Find more posts by crickey77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

What is going on? Anyone know?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 04:43 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

The police are still colating info right now....
No one has claimed responsibilty yet..
and still the figures remain unchanged pertaining to arrests/injuries....

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 05:06 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cking
King of the muscle shirts

these terrorists seem to like London for some reason, usually they don't stay in one spot, hopefully everyone wasn't injured.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 05:47 PM
cking is currently offline Click here to Send cking a Private Message Find more posts by cking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

the reports are that they bombs detonators went off but not the bombs themselves...

this could be due to the fact that if they were made from the same batch of explosives that were used in the previous attacks then the explosives may have destabilised to much to be "useful"

this could potentially be a huge blessing as the intact explosives will yield huge amount of forensic evidence with which to help track down those reponsible...

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 07:01 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote