KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Brits have a device that keeps bombs from going off?

The Brits have a device that keeps bombs from going off?
Started by: Shakyamunison

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

The Brits have a device that keeps bombs from going off?

Hypothetically speaking, could the reason for the bombs not going off today, be a top secret device that prevents some explosives from igniting.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 07:54 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Hypothetically speaking, could the reason for the bombs not going off today, be a top secret device that prevents some explosives from igniting.

That's just conspiracy littered crap. Did you ever think of the possibility that they were duds?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 07:56 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Piece of advice- always go for the simplest solution first, before complication.

So if a bomb doesn't go off, it is because it is broken. IF you can prove it was not broken then you have grounds to look for another answer.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 07:56 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
That's just conspiracy littered crap. Did you ever think of the possibility that they were duds?

i find this much more believable than some mystical top secret device.

common sense: all the bombs were rigged by the same idiot, thus he made the same mistake with all of them.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 07:58 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by PVS
i find this much more believable than some mystical top secret device.

common sense: all the bombs were rigged by the same idiot, thus he made the same mistake with all of them.

He who rigged the duds is gonna be fired from the Secret Organization of al-Qaeda in London...by fired, I mean executed. big grin

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 08:00 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

laughing

I'm just having fun.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 08:01 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

He who rigged the duds is gonna be fired from the Secret Organization of al-Qaeda in London...by fired, I mean executed. big grin

i would prefer a good hanging for him.

but i doubt it was al qaeda. if it was then all or most of the bombs would have detinated and this would have been a disaster.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 08:02 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by PVS
i would prefer a good hanging for him.

but i doubt it was al qaeda. if it was then all or most of the bombs would have detinated and this would have been a disaster.

I agree with that as well. There's the possibility of it being an amatuer copy cat trying to stir the pot of this conflict.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 08:05 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm a Londoner and I don't want anyone executed.

Its a flawed system, if you get it wrong you can never put it right.

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 08:07 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by whirlysplat
I'm a Londoner and I don't want anyone executed.

Its a flawed system, if you get it wrong you can never put it right.

No one died. It would be a shame if someone did afterward.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 08:09 PM
Dagons Blade
I'll Take The Job

Good for HIM...couldn't happen to a nicer guy smile

Posted by PVS.

Thank God for idiots then huh? wink

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 08:22 PM
Dagons Blade is currently offline Click here to Send Dagons Blade a Private Message Find more posts by Dagons Blade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

You know... doesn't matter if the bombs went off are not. Fact of the matter is, the bombs were in place to potentially cause significant damage. That seems to be indicative of a bigger problem... the fact that security (or lack thereof) allowed a potential repeat to happen so close to the last one. THAT'S what I find disturbing.

Artwork by Cinemaddiction!!!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 03:32 AM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dagons Blade
I'll Take The Job

Indeed, Primitive Screwhead. It's indicative of a bigger problem. Anyone remember when those bombs were lost in the airport in France a while back? Dummy bombs placed as part of a test. Now there was a good one....

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 03:43 AM
Dagons Blade is currently offline Click here to Send Dagons Blade a Private Message Find more posts by Dagons Blade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Primitive Screwhead
You know... doesn't matter if the bombs went off are not. Fact of the matter is, the bombs were in place to potentially cause significant damage. That seems to be indicative of a bigger problem... the fact that security (or lack thereof) allowed a potential repeat to happen so close to the last one. THAT'S what I find disturbing.

I think you are correct, but what do we do? I cynically wonder if the government wants it to happen. The only time you get any clues is when a bomb goes off, or not in this case, and the public fear can help politically.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 04:06 AM
RedAlertv2

no kidding. Kind of like how bush used 9/11 as a way to advance his agenda of invading Iraq.

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 04:52 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by RedAlertv2
no kidding. Kind of like how bush used 9/11 as a way to advance his agenda of invading Iraq.

How do you know that?

I have heard that too, but it make no sense. There was too many different governments saying the same thing.

Conspiracy theories are almost alway the manipulation of an unseen power. Who would gain if people believed such a thing?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 04:59 AM
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Well alot of evidence seems to indicate (by the many insider books put out anyway) that one way of another Bush wanted to go into Iraq from day one. I think it mainly came to light when he added Iraq to the War on Terror despite there being no links to Al Qaeda to begin with, all that faulty intelligence and so forth...

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 07:59 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Indeed.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 12:18 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Well alot of evidence seems to indicate (by the many insider books put out anyway) that one way of another Bush wanted to go into Iraq from day one. I think it mainly came to light when he added Iraq to the War on Terror despite there being no links to Al Qaeda to begin with, all that faulty intelligence and so forth...

First of all, I don't know anything, but things don't add up.

1. You maybe right, Bush could have been wanted to go into Iraq. However, the Russians had a lot to loose and did, and they said that Iraq had WMDs. This don't fit your theory.

2. That large convoy of trucks that left Iraq just before the war and went into Syria. What was up with that?

3. There are a lot of angry Dims in the US (BTW I am a Dim, but I'm not controlled by anger) and I wonder is their someone using this anger to their political advantage. It's just a feeling on the back of my neck.

Like I said I don't know, and I have better things to think about.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 02:42 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: The Brits have a device that keeps bombs from going off?

Originally posted by Shakyamunison

its funny because its true...although not in the context you are meaning

sometimes terrorist use mobile phones to set off bombs...in these instances the police and anti terror units deploy signal jammers that give a blanket coverage to all mobiles in a small area

so technically they do have devices to stop bombs going off...

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 04:41 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote