KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Found some more stuff. If anyone cares.

Found some more stuff. If anyone cares.
Started by: chico

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chico
chopper style

Found some more stuff. If anyone cares.

Found two more transcripts today from another post thought I would bring them here. Mad shoutouts to carmen0!!

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Councilor Hamen of Zion, on man’s dependency on machines:

[Neo, unable to sleep for the nightmares of Trinity’s death, stands outside his room overlooking Zion. Councilor Hamen approaches:]

Hamen: Care for some company?

Neo: Councilor Hamen…

Hamen: I don’t want to intrude if you prefer to be alone.

Neo: No I could… probably use some company.

Hamen: Good. So could I. It’s nice tonight. Very calm. Feels
like everyone is sleeping very peacefully.

Neo: Not everyone.

Hamen: I hate sleeping. I never sleep more than a few hours. I figure I slept the first 11 years of my life, now I’m making up for it. What about you?

Neo: I just haven’t been able to sleep much.

Hamen: It’s a good sign.

Neo: Of what?

Hamen: That you are in fact, still human. Have you ever been to the engineering level? [Neo shakes his head indicating no.] I love to walk there at night… quite amazing. Would you like to see it?

Neo: Sure.
[scene transitions to an overview of the primitive-looking machines that are the mechanical infrastructure of Zion’s civil utilities.]

Hamen: Almost no one comes down here. Unless of course there’s a problem. That’s how it is with people They don’t care how it works as long as it works. I like it down here. I like to be reminded that the city survives because of these machines. These machines are keeping us alive, while other machines are coming to kill us. Interesting isn’t it? [Neo looks at him inquisitively] Power to give, and the power to end it.

Neo: We have the same power.

Hamen: Yeah, I suppose we do, but down here I think about all those people still plugged into the Matrix, and when I look at these machines I… I can’t help thinking that in a way we… are plugged into them.

Neo: But we control these machines, they don’t control us.

Hamen: [patronizing?] Of course not. How could they? The idea is pure nonsense but, it does make one wonder just… what is control?

Neo: If we wanted we could shut these machines down.

Hamen: [laughing, still patronizing?] Of course. That’s it. You’ve hit it. That’s control isn’t it? If we wanted, we could smash them to bits. Although if we did, we’d have to consider what would happen to our lights, our heat, our air.

Neo: So we need machines, and they need us. Is that your point councilor?

Hamen: [still patronizing?] No. No point. Old men like me don’t bother with making points. There’s no point.

Neo: [making light of the situation:] Is that why there are no young men on the council?

Hamen: Good point.

Neo: Why don’t you tell me what’s on your mind councilor?

Hamen: There is so much in this world that I do not understand. [nods toward a machine composed of different terraces of water flowing] See that machine? That has something to do with recycling our water supply. I have absolutely no idea how it works. But I do understand the reason for it to work. I have absolutely no idea how you are able to do some of the things you do. But I believe there’s a reason for that as well. I only hope we understand that reason before it’s too late.

Neo Meets the Oracle again:

Oracle: Well, come on. I ain’t gon’ bite-cha. Come around here and let me have a look atcha. [removes sunglasses] My goodness! Look at you! You turned out alright didn’t-cha. How do you feel?

Neo: I uh….

Oracle: I know you’re not sleeping. We’ll get to that. [pats the bench beside her] Why don’t you come and have a sit this time?

Neo: Maybe I’ll stand.

Oracle: Well, suit-cha-self.

Neo: [Uncomfortably moves to the bench and sits.] I felt like sitting.

Oracle: I know. So… let’s get the obvious stuff out of the way.

Neo: You’re not human are you?

Oracle: It’s tough to get any more obvious than that.

Neo: If I had to guess, I’d say you’re a program from the Machine World. [turning to her body-guard] So is he.

Oracle: So far so good.

Neo: But if that’s true, that could mean you’re a part of the System. Another kind of control.

Oracle: [smiling encouragingly] Keep going.

Neo: I suppose the most obvious question is: How can I trust you?

Oracle: [smiling with admiration] Bingo! [shakes her head as though bewildered] It is a pickle, no doubt about it. Bad news is there’s no way if you can really know if I’m here to help you or not. So it’s really up to you. Just have to make up your own damned mind if you’re going to accept what I’m going to tell you, or reject it.

[offers a red candy in a red wrapper, a candy which we see unwrapped has the exact shape ansd size as the red pill he chose from Morpheus so long ago.] Candy?

Neo: Do you already know if I’m going to take it? (Implying the incident where he took the pill from Morpheus.)
Oracle: Wouldn’t be much of an Oracle if I didn’t.

Neo: But if you already know, how can I make a choice? (Implying that he didn’t really have a choice between the red and blue pills)

Oracle: Because you didn’t come here to make the choice. You’ve already made it. You’re here to understand why you made it. [Neo takes the the red candy she offers.] I thought you’d have figured that out by now.

Neo: Why are you here?

Oracle: Same reason. I love candy. [implies that she too likes the tasty illusion of life in the Matrix, just as 99% of humans do, but choosing red candies, she also likes the knowledge that it is a tasty illusion, and the knowledge of exactly how the illusion works.] [unwraps and pops the red candy into her mouth.]

Neo: But why help us?

Oracle: We’re all here to do what we’re all here to do. I’m interested in one thing Neo: the future. And believe me, I know. The only way to get there is together. (implying the cooperation between human and machine.)

Neo: Are there other programs like you?
Oracle: D’oh, well, not like me, but… look, see those birds? [indicating the flock of crows she’d been feeding before Neo arrived.] At some point a program was written to govern them. A program was written to… watch over the trees, and the winds, sun-rise and sun-set. There are programs runnin’ all over the place. The ones doing their job, doing what they were meant to do, are invisible. You never even know they’re here. But the other ones….well…. [exasperated] we hear about them all the time.

Neo: I’ve never heard of them.

Oracle: Of course you have. Every time you’ve heard someone say they saw a ghost, or an angel. Every story you’ve ever heard about vampires, weir-wolves or aliens it’s the system assimilating some program that’s doin’ somethin’ they’re not supposed to be doin’.

Neo: Programs hacking programs… Why?
Oracle: Hmm they’ve their reasons but, usually a program chooses exile when it faces deletion.

Neo: And why would a program be deleted?
Oracle: Maybe it breaks down. Maybe a better program is created to replace it. Happens all the time. And when it does, a program can either choose to hide here, or return to The Source.

Neo: The machine Main Frame.

Oracle: Yes. Where you must go. Where the path of The One ends. You’ve seen it… in your dreams haven’t you? The door made of light? [Neo nervously nods yes.] [Oracle looking concerned] What happens when you go through the door?

Neo: I see Trinity… and something happens… something bad. She
starts to fall, and then I wake up.

Oracle: Do you see her die?

Neo: No.

Oracle: You have “the sight” now Neo. You are looking at the world without time.

Neo: Then why can’t I see what happens to her?

Oracle: We can never see past the choices we don’t understand.

Neo: Are you saying I have to choose whether Trinity lives or dies?

Oracle: [softly and lovingly] No. You’ve already made the
choice. Now you have to understand it.

Neo: [shaking his head defiantly] No! I can’t do that. I won’t.

Oracle: [again, lovingly] Well you have to.

Neo: Why?

Oracle: Because you’re The One.

Neo: What if I can’t? What happens if I fail?

Oracle: Then Zion will fall. [Oracle’s body-guard places his hand on her shoulder, indicating time to leave.] Our time is up. Listen to me Neo. You can save Zion if you reach the source, but to do that you will need “the Keymaker.”

Neo: The Keymaker?

Oracle: Yes, he disappeared some time ago. We did not know what happened to him until now. He is being held prisoner by a very dangerous program, one of the oldest of us. He’s called the Merilvincian, and he will not let him go willingly.

Neo: What does he want?

Oracle: What do all men with power want? More power. [hands Neo a paper] Be there, at that exact time [pointing at the paper], and you will have a chance.

Body Guard: We must go.

Oracle: Seems like every time we meet, I got nuthin’ but bad news. I’m sorry about that, I surely am. But for what it’s worth, you’ve made a believer out of me. [reaches for his hand and pats his chest] Good luck kiddo. [leaves].

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post May 24th, 2003 03:44 AM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

...and a third...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Neo meets the new Mr. Smith

Mr.Smith: [appears as the Oracle leaves, the flock of crows scatter toward Neo, with Mr. Smith walking among them toward Neo, as though the crows are part of his retinue. menacingly:] Mister Anderson! You get my package?

Neo: Yeah….

Mr. Smith: Well good
[back at the Nebechanezzer: Morpheus says with surprise:] Smith!
Linc: Who ever it is, he’s not readin’ like an agent.

Mr. Smith: Surprised to see me?

Neo: [putting sunglasses on] No.

Mr. Smith: Then you’re aware of it.

Neo: Of what?

Mr. Smith: Our connection. I don’t fully understand how it happened, perhaps some part of you imprinted on to me, something overwritten or copied…. It is at this point irrelevant. What matters is, that whatever happened, it happened for a reason.

Neo: And what reason is that?

Mr. Smith: I killed you Mr. Anderson, I watched you die, with a certain satisfaction I might add, and then something happened. Something that I knew was impossible but it happened anyway. You destroyed me, Mr. Anderson. Afterward I knew the rules, I understood what I was supposed to do (referring to “deletion” and returning to the “Source”), but I didn’t! I couldn’t. I was compelled to stay. Compelled to disobey.

And now here I stand because of you, Mr. Anderson, because of you I am no longer an agent of the system. Because of you I’ve changed, I’m unplugged [ting to his ear where an agent wears an audio feed, the audio feed that Mr. Smith delivered to Neo earlier in this movie.] … a new man, so to speak. Like you, apparently free.

Neo: [almost sarcastically] Congratulations.

Mr. Smith: Thank you [nodding and smiling menacingly]. But, as you well know, appearances can be deceiving, which brings me back to the reason why we’re here. We’re not here because we’re free, we’re here because we’re not free. There’s no escaping reason, no denying purpose, because as we both know, without purpose, we would not exist.

[another copy of Mr. Smith appears, saying:] It is purpose that created us,

[another copy:] purpose that connects us,

[another] purpose that pulls us,

[another] that guides us,

[another] that drives us,

[another] it is purpose that defines us

[another] purpose that binds us.

Mr. Smith: [the original:} We are here because of you Mr. Anderson, we’re here to take from you what you tried to take from us….. purpose!

[Mr. Smith shoves his hand into Neo’s chest, and a black substance begins to engulf his body, as the mirror-silver did when Neo first entered the “real world”, but this is black, and has been shown to turn a program into a copy of Mr. Smith, when the engulfing completes. Neo is shocked and surprised as the black substance spreads over his body.]

[back at the Nebechanezzer: Trinity:] What’s happening to him?

Linc: I don’t know.

Mr. Smith: Yes, that’s it. It’ll be over soon.

[Neo, almost completely engulfed, relaxes, and much to the amazement of Mr. Smith, simply wills the black substance retreat from him just as it had begun to engulf him. The fight begins.].

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post May 24th, 2003 03:46 AM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

Trying to find the merovingian (yawn) speech! For those who have asked.

Old Post May 24th, 2003 02:32 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

cool chico

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post May 24th, 2003 05:10 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

I know I'm ageek but I want one of these.

http://www.samsung.com/Features/BrandCampaign/matrix/

Old Post May 24th, 2003 06:14 PM
zimbo
The craziest man ever

So and I

''If any of you so much as pass gas in my direction and upset my delicate nasal passages, your testicles will become my private property''.

Old Post May 25th, 2003 10:26 AM
zimbo is currently offline Click here to Send zimbo a Private Message Find more posts by zimbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marein

I don't have time to read all that!

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 01:25 PM
Marein is currently offline Click here to Send Marein a Private Message Find more posts by Marein Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Then don't waste your precious time writing such a pointless comment. miffed

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 02:08 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

well said Omega well said!!

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 03:34 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 07:08 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

sure do make a lot of assumptions...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 07:08 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote