KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Aragorn vs. Boromir

Aragorn vs. Boromir
Started by: Council#13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Council#13
The Omega Male

Aragorn vs. Boromir

Aragorn in the armor and sword he had during the black gate fight (and dagger) vs.
Boromir, no shield, sword, and dagger

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Jan 1st, 2006 03:23 AM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Talking_Owl
Jesus

Boromir, in an upset.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 02:55 PM
Talking_Owl is currently offline Click here to Send Talking_Owl a Private Message Find more posts by Talking_Owl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Have to go with....Aragorn.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 04:24 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I'd like to say Boromir, as he's probably physically stronger, but Aragorn would probably end up winning.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 04:44 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DanieLs_4_Ever
Have to go with....Aragorn.

Me to, i just cant see Boromir beating Aragorn

http://cjbannister.users.btopenworld.com/Home.htm

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 05:06 PM
DanielLB is currently offline Click here to Send DanielLB a Private Message Find more posts by DanielLB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Originally posted by DanielLB
Me to, i just cant see Boromir beating Aragorn

big grin

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 05:28 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flying High
Fly my Pretties Fly!!

plus...everything seems to favour aragorn to boromir stick out tongue

People keep disappearing and reappearing lol

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 05:49 PM
Flying High is currently offline Click here to Send Flying High a Private Message Find more posts by Flying High Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Well I love them both, no doubt, but....There's no choosing Boromir over Aragorn.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 05:57 PM
Darkman87
Captain of Gondor Boromir

Guys, we are talking about a captain of Gondor not a ranger traveling in the forests. Boromir is a real soldier with the sword,shield and armour inside. I will give no chance to Aragorn. However, they would not do any harm to each other.

Those heroes that shed their blood and lost their lives... You are now lying in the soil of a friendly country. Therefore rest in peace. There is no difference between the Johnnies and the Mehmets to us where they lie side by side now here in this country of ours... you, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace. After having lost their lives on this land. They have become our sons as well

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 07:06 AM
Darkman87 is currently offline Click here to Send Darkman87 a Private Message Find more posts by Darkman87 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flying High
Fly my Pretties Fly!!

why would they be fighting anyway? lol

People keep disappearing and reappearing lol

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 10:18 PM
Flying High is currently offline Click here to Send Flying High a Private Message Find more posts by Flying High Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Because.... say.... Boromir tried looking up Arwen's dress

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Jan 17th, 2006 02:30 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Darkman87
Guys, we are talking about a captain of Gondor not a ranger traveling in the forests. Boromir is a real soldier with the sword,shield and armour inside. I will give no chance to Aragorn. However, they would not do any harm to each other.

Aragon is in his 80s and he's been in more wars then Boromir.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2006 02:53 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Originally posted by Darkman87

Aragorn just wandering around the woods?

Aragon was 89 years old in TTT, he had fought in wars when Theoden was still a kid. (And Theoden is older than Boromir).
If Boromir is to have his shield then Aragorn will have Anduril which would cut through his shield and sword.
If they both have normal swords then I'd still say Aragorn. His experience, strong will and stamina (as far as I know) is above Boromir's. As far as I know of, Aragorn has faced more opponents that could actually fight well, not just orcs that were cut down easily.
Aragorn is also more well round when using weapons.

Aragorn is a better soldier than Boromir, and he has armor himself. Might I add that Boromirs armor did not protect him well against arrows, what makes you think it would resist a sword.

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Jan 17th, 2006 10:01 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stringz

boromir is my fave charecter but i just cant see him beating the king of gondor!

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 07:02 PM
stringz is currently offline Click here to Send stringz a Private Message Find more posts by stringz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KnivesOut
nuff sed

same. Ellasar (sos, im a bit of a hard core) steps into the arena. Boromir charges at strider with a loud battle cry, and aragon stands, perfectly still, his head down,, with anduril in his right hand, and his rangers cloak on. boromir continues to hammer forword, aragon stands still. at the last second, the true heir to the throne of gondor raises his sword to block the blow, but instead, he sidesteps the charge, and in the same movement, he swings his sword, and lodges it in boromirs back. oh yeah.

[5:20][showcase]

Last edited by KnivesOut on Jan 20th, 2006 at 10:04 PM

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 10:01 PM
KnivesOut is currently offline Click here to Send KnivesOut a Private Message Find more posts by KnivesOut Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vash Stampede
Humanoid Typhoon

Ok I will have to say it will have to be aragorn because he has the what it take to come out on top and he is no moron he nows how to fight his skills with the sword is far more Superior but boromir is a strong fighter but the ranger has the speed and the will power to fighet it is mater of the field that they fight on if it is city boromir might win and if it is a forest artagorn would win and open feild arogon woul;d win speed and opennes would be his advanteg

as always

ye not gilty

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2006 08:07 PM
Vash Stampede is currently offline Click here to Send Vash Stampede a Private Message Find more posts by Vash Stampede Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LadyOfMirkwood9
Daugther of Thranduil

I would say Aragorn no doubt

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 01:47 AM
LadyOfMirkwood9 is currently offline Click here to Send LadyOfMirkwood9 a Private Message Find more posts by LadyOfMirkwood9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
immortal_sim
AnOtHeR dEaD aNgEl

no competition!! aragorn all the way... hes gorgeous and jst gorgeous! lol wot more can i say!

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 09:28 PM
immortal_sim is currently offline Click here to Send immortal_sim a Private Message Find more posts by immortal_sim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

Re: Aragorn vs. Boromir

Originally posted by Council#13

Boromir, no shield, sword, and dagger

what, is he naked???

c'mon It's kind a obvious isn't it. aragorn will take it easily.. especially with andúril ( even if i don't think it will cut trough a shield just like that, if that's what you meant kamikz) but yes.. aragorn is indeed a better swordsman then boromir and a more experienced one.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 10:13 PM
vanice is currently offline Click here to Send vanice a Private Message Find more posts by vanice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Well if it, when it is broken, can cut through Sauron's battle armor with just a quick sweep without any recoil on it, I belive it can cut through Boromirs shield, which was shattered by Uruks....

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 09:30 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote