KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » T3 Errors

T3 Errors
Started by: NoFate007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NoFate007

T3 Errors

How many people are pissed off at the ignorance Mostow and the writers had to make such stupid errors in T3? IE:

1. "They tried to murder me before I was born. When I was THIRTEEN they tried again...machines from the future...terminators."

[First of all, how hard is it to watch T1 and T2 and make sure you don't screw up something that was shown on screen, PROVING he was 10? How hard is that?]

2. "That was a different T-101"

[Its a T800, Cyberdyne Systems Model 101...again...not hard to follow]

etc I can't think of many right now this is one of those quick posts. If you think of any more feel free to post them so we can bash their stupidity, lol.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2003 09:48 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

u should know that cameron is also the 1 2 blame here. john connor didnt look like 10 at all in t2. looked certainly 14 or 15. mostow made him 13 so that the connor/brewster thing works. or there is n otha explanation. its very interesting

in t2 when they blew up cyberdyne everything shifted 3 yearz. j-day was supposed 2 happen in 2029 but instead got pushed to 2032. so may b thatis y john is called 13.
and in t3 there is a new terminator. t-850, slightly more advanced,

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 03:24 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Judgment Day was August 29, 1997, not 2029.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 03:44 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dulobast25

yeah but not a t101, t3 was full of these screw ups, but ignorant people who don't want to cal a spade a spade won't admit anything wrong with t3..whereas true fans are willing to critizize their own hobby....t1 had mistakes, but t2 had even more mistakes and t3 had the most mistakes, but nobdy want to call it for what is was, whetehr thry liked it or not. Too many, i liked it so it is a good movie bullshit....thesr needs to be more of..this movie was bullshit, but i was entertained, or I liked it or this movie was the truest to the franchise, but i didn't like it or soemthing like that.. too much i like it because it's mine mentallity..and when ther is a good point...thye just repeat..t3 rules..or some shit like that. James Cameron did make mistakes..but not on the level of mostow..this is not to say that it is not understandable for him to make mistakes..it's just to point out that there were deficiencies in t3...givig mostow credit and liking cameron is a side issue..continuity and quality are of utmost importance..

yeah mistakes in t3 the ages of john and sarah,
making the xperimental hk's t-1,, when they were not infiltrators, nor were they terminators or assassins, or anything like that...they should have been called the csm -1 or at the very least the hk-1 and the flying model, the hk-2 an arial version.. terminators were created much later, and all were infiltrators, and frankly should have been labeled 001 or 100 series, not -1

yeah the t-850 idea was stupid, since the future was altered, they should have just explained the the t-800 designed resulted a little different due to the change in history and used than to explain why the hk's looked so shitty (from a true to the story way, not from a they were always like that way)

john connor should not have been so doubtful after witnessing liquid metal and arnie and having the emotional attachment....considering all, he was too whiny and as soonas he saw arnie, should have just fell in line.

tx should have pierced arnies cpu thur the cpu port rather than his neck..stupid

talk to the hand...stupid in terminatoer tradition, there should have been a "hey are you gonna pay for that? ..no(arnold) and then the guy walks around the counter or says" if you don't put that down i'll" and then seconda later, the clerk comes flying back first thru the storefront glass" reminding us all that he is a terminator, not a specticle to be laughed at. and then arnie, stepping on the glass should have said to the clerk "*******" and then walked away

the whole hydrogen cell bullshit
I'm hoping the timeline caused it, but otherwise, stupid cause somebody pointed out that if true, humans could just fire at the t-850 in the middle f several and detonate it and blow all the machines to hell. but then agian"hyperalloy comat chassis, heavily armoured, very tough, so maybe it would take alot more firepower to penetrate that area.

the whole appearing in a clothing store window and walking across the street to steal a car and clothing.. is stupid.

the fact that the tx acts like a nerd when she copies people, unlike the less advanced t-1000 model
the whole premise that the tx was more advanced is bullshit and was a mistake..they should have chaged the whole timeline where the t-1000 never existed and she was bascially the t-1000 in another timeline and has the other options as a surprise.

thw whole "I am a machine part is stupid, his goal is to complete his mission effeienctly, not to convince or discuss the matter withthr target..and it's obvoisul when he threw john that that was evil terminatot talking and rather than grabbing him, hw would have tcrushed his throeat like he tried to do to sarah in t1. for the split second evil, he should have kille john inone shot.

the fat that tx who likely weighed less (regardless of strength) could theow arnie (700 lbs) around easier than he could throw her around is bullshit, like a 300 hp semi truck at full throttle being pushed back by a 400 hp nissan sentra upon contact...just nonsense.

john connor became leader when in the extermiantion camps and after almost being wiped out, convince the humans to all run toward the fencing of the camps and defend themselves..he didn't become leader my gettingtricked into a buncker and then when asked who'd in charge?...oh i am..that is bullshit..john connor was hiding amongst the humans and was likely captured by the machines..futher proof that there was no terminators..and human were rounded up, no killed first then rounded up....stupid

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 07:00 AM
dulobast25 is currently offline Click here to Send dulobast25 a Private Message Find more posts by dulobast25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

One of the things I was disappointed about T3 was how John became less of a fearsome person. In T2 John immediately goes towards taking action against Arnold. He addresses both that he knows now he's a terminator, knows he's not there to kill him, and asks who sent him. John in T3 sees a Terminator and waits a second, then asks politely "are you here to kill me?". He should've know that if the terminator was there to kill him, it would've done it already, and not just walked up, held the shotgun and done nothing. THe second he saw the terminator it would've had the shotgun pumped and he would've had 3 blasts in him if it were there to destroy him.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 07:12 AM
dulobast25

I agree, but what about my points? LOL

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 07:30 AM
dulobast25 is currently offline Click here to Send dulobast25 a Private Message Find more posts by dulobast25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviebuff

dulobast most of the points u gave were stupid but no fate"s points were good. like an eg:Tx should have corrupted the cpu of arnie and not the neck stupid - hello the mission if Tx was not to kill arnie but to terminate john thats why to make her job easy she corrupted his sysytem, but 1 point of no fate i dint understand was that suddenly a terminator appears and walks up 2 u, doesnt shoot out rightly doesnt mean that it is understood that the term id friendly and john should have put his arm around his neck and asked whats up? john always had the fear of terminators thus he was ought to ask the Q.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 11:17 AM
moviebuff is currently offline Click here to Send moviebuff a Private Message Find more posts by moviebuff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

i read what u said duloblast. its good. listen, i totally agree with this that the whole dates r so screwed up but i never am bias. thats teh last thing i want u 2 say 2 me. and plz i really dont want 2 start a fight coz it gets 2 big. if u read the comics for once then u will know of john connor's capibility. just read em for once. they r a small part of terminator3 and they r not confusing at all. just read em for once will ya? well tx must weigh less than t-850 but u r saying how can it throw sum1 heavier than it.thats like saying: why weren't there any AIRBAGS in the matrix reloaded car chase scene. and in the I AM A MACHINE part he still didnt know its mission. it was corrupted. it was still confused. i might not know as much as u know but thats just my theory

p.s: What happened 2 ur dog? did it get treated?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 04:56 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dulobast25

i just think if he was confused, he would not have made a decsiison to thorw john connr across the room, in an attempt to kill him. If he intende to harm john, he was seconds away from killing him and should have. You can keep the comics. I'll stick with the movies. And the argument about m.a1=m2a2 whereass regardless os strength, haevy peopl are harder to manhandle..i know this from physics and from fact. I was stronger 10 years ago but i am heavier know..it is easier for me to throw people around becasue of my mass and ahrder for other to move me. it take forsce to move mass and whwn your mass exceeds another, none of your force is wasted pushing youreslt away from the enemy. So it's a solid position and the same goes for t2 but not as much.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 07:57 PM
dulobast25

dulobast most of the points u gave were stupid but no fate"s points were good. like an eg:Tx should have corrupted the cpu of arnie and not the neck stupid - hello the mission if Tx was not to kill arnie but to terminate john thats why to make her job easy she corrupted his sysytem, but 1 point of no fate i dint understand was that suddenly a terminator appears and walks up 2 u, doesnt shoot out rightly doesnt mean that it is understood that the term id friendly and john should have put his arm around his neck and asked whats up? john always had the fear of terminators thus he was ought to ask the Q.

I'm confuse on what you are worked up about. I agree than john connor should have been suspicious, but within minutes should have fiqured it out. Movie-in the buff, if you remember she WAS designed to fight and stop other terminaotrs..with amission to kill us all, which is why she jump started the other t-1a..her mission was a more broad mission that's why she spent time doing various things, not just after john...frankly she was after all the leiutnenats too, and kate was one, so those points are stupid. john connor did act stupid in t3..a loser and it has nothing to do with hating mostow, it's jsut that (i'm not the right guy stuff is stupid andeven the are you here to kill me was weak and questionable. I mean come on, if arnie was, he wouldn't tell him...t-800 lie as proved within minutes and as proved during the wolfee incident in t2 on the phone, so my points are valid. sorry you don't see it

[link]
Today 04:17 AM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 08:04 PM
carnage713

i agree a little bit w/ wut evry 1 here has said. so im gunna speak my 2 cents. ok ill start off w/ duloblasts mistakes.

1) i agree w/ most of the stuff u said like the t-850. thats never been mentioned before, and i doubt its skin wud b the same as the t800. i dont get how its more or less advanced but remember that future was not altered( the time frame the t850 and tx came from) the upcomin future will be altered.

2) the whole age thing has always been screwed up it was in t2 and t3 it really cant b explained.

3) ever since t2 jon has been livin off the grid his lifes been pretty f***** up hes always depresed has no friends no family no nothin. imagine how tramatisein it must be to go thru that type of s*** at such a young age. "imagine knowing that 1 day yull b a great leader but sum thing terriable has to happen first" thats damn true how r u supposed to fall rite inline wen youve been tryin to avoid the fact of judgement day.

4)it wud hav made txs mission easier to corrupt arnie but it did not(but hey thats just how the cookie crumbles) and as far as arnie regainin his mission objectives and avoiding coruption is like arnie getting alternet power in t2 it just happens

5) tx appearin in a clothin store... who cares she was nude!!

6) no one nows whos more advanced.. this goes back to the tx vs. t1000 thread that cudnt b solved nor can this.(evry1 has there own opinions it wud b dumb to argue over that. i also think for a gurl kristanna loken did a great job she had the genuine evil look to her and didnt com off as a nerd

7) he was fightin the corruption the whole time he wasnt evil one second and good another.

8) wen jon became leader in the extermination camps in the future he didnt no he was gunna lead the resistance to victory but in the upcomin future he does he knew he wud be incharge and knew his role

but i do agree with sum of the stuff u said

great sig made by hegemon

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 08:16 PM
carnage713 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage713 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage713 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dulobast25

1 I dont understand
2 i agree, never said otherwise
3 I agree but think that after the death of his mother and witnessing what he did in t2, his reaction would be more like sarah in t2 not like sarah int t1, not wanting to accepte that he is the one....t1 woke saraah up made her vision clearer, t2 woke john up and made him realize his mother was right, so i disagree and think some of his emotion was right, but not the denial of who he was etc. after sarah training..no sarah srtrightened up in just i day and so did john in t2...
4it's not about ease, it's about being the logical place to do it, she is designed to stop termiantors and she has detailed files she likely knows what arnie knows, this is not about wase, but the more probable location and probability of success. i disagree your point is weak here
5your point is weak here. I prefer to see her nude too, but i'm talking about substance in thr movie
6tx is poor at imitating others and nowhere near ae evil as t-800 in t1 or t-1000 in t2 not a matter of opinon, matter of fact.
7not true, watch the movie again, you see the objevtives switching balc an forthe, if it was blended, arnie would have taken no action, it did switchon an off,, hence trying to kill john and then not then trying to tell him to run and then turning himself off those were actions that took place afer internal decisions were made.this point is weak, watch it agin
he threh john becuase hw was trying to hurt him, chocking him was trying to cause harm to john.
8 i agree a little, but in this timleine., most believe that john had been thorugh this before so, would have done the same thing..ex ti took place in 2nd or third timeline. A better explanation is that the timeline changed.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 08:31 PM
carnage713

1) i agreed w/ u
5) well i mean come on its lttle things like this that ppl debate over that drives me nuts. where wud u have liked to see her arrive?
6)what makes a terminator evil she killed ppl, had the look wut makes her not as evil as t800 or t1000. how is she poor at imitatin?
7) i made a typo there i meant to say was not wasnt ive seen the movie 5 times i kno just as much as t3 as the next guy
p.s i basically agree w/ u calm down i kno my facts

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 01:05 AM
carnage713 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage713 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage713 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

About John wasting time asking the question, my point was that he should've known that Terminators waste no time. If it would've been there to kill him, it would've been shooting by the time he said "Are-". Maybe if they had worded the question different it may have been better, something like John starting to back away from ARnold and saying "What is it you're looking for?". I'd say to use "What is your mission?" but thats at the end of course, and I think that the line worked great in the end, it showed that John really knew a thing or two, and didn't just go right to pulling out a gun and shooting it, or screaming for Kate's help like a little girl.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 04:52 AM
dulobast25

no fate, i agree with the first half. i think is it was john his natual reaction would have been to take off because by the time he saw arnie, he was real close so he likely would not have waited around, just took off until he could see by 101's action s that it would be a good idea to ask him about his mission. But it must be said that treminators due lie and play the role, they ar programmed to try what is logical and feessbile for the highest probablilty of sucess.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 06:05 AM
dulobast25

1) i agreed w/ u
5) well i mean come on its lttle things like this that ppl debate over that drives me nuts. where wud u have liked to see her arrive?

her arrival was fine, it's just likely that she would have taken clothing from the store she was in before walking around. nudity attracts unecessay attentio which is why terms accquire clothing.

6)what makes a terminator evil she killed ppl, had the look wut makes her not as evil as t800 or t1000.

she is not as menacing (nothing to do with her sex)and she didn't kill as many people as neither arnie nor t-1000. Arnie had the highest body count...which made him the most evil from a human psyache standpont

how is she poor at imitatin?

when she took form of the boyfrend she acted nothing like the boyfrend and wierd enough to make kate slow to react to his presence...compare than to t-1000, he's a nice boy, do you mind if i keep this picture..no i wouldn't worry about him..thanks for your cooperation.

as bland ad t-101's go when she waited for sarahs' call in t1 even he had more emotion than tx did when the boyfriend " ive been woried sicke dear...only to sound a little wierd at the pause before..i love you too, sweetheart.
7) i made a typo there i meant to say was not wasnt ive seen the movie 5 times i kno just as much as t3 as the next guy
p.s i basically agree w/ u calm down i kno my facts

I'm not worked up, no need to calm down, just talking term stuff
just saying tthe basis of some things was flimsy that's all. You knowing as much as the next guy isn't the issue. I'm only talking about the issues in your comments. sorry if i offended anybody.

its the little things that suck about t3, the bigger things were ok.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 06:16 AM
carnage713

i wasnt offend i think that for the most part we have the same views of t3

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 07:27 PM
alic88
Barzakh

the tx was menacing for me. she did kill the kid, also his sister: v c how she kills his sister in the comics( khe is playin a video game, goes up 2 her, tortures her n kills her) but i guess v r only talkin bout the movie. still, the detectives in the car. the car lady. the cop.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 07:37 PM
carnage713

no doubt alic i totally agree tx was cut throat and heartless exactly wut a terminator needs but duloblast i do agree with sum of the stuff u said about tx. she did just fine for me

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 07:48 PM
dulobast25

tx was cutthroat, (torture in the comics? see, that's what i'm talking about..terminators usually dint' torture)but yeahtx was cutthroat the detectives in the car was cheesy, the blood looked fake, t1 heart scene was more realistic..gritty. yeah i liked that tx killed kids and the rive thru etc. there were some complaints about that and parents leaving the theatre witht thier kids, beut they need ot understadn this is termiantoer, it is about life and death sopecicifally and not much else. AN termianotrs show no pity. But that aside i like arnie rughing up john and kate, whish he didi it to the convenicnce store guy...whish hed'' killed some cops in the cemetary since he wasn't isntructed not to kill anybody...those are thie ehings that i miss about t1, the muredrous and lack of concern for human life....anyways i just think she comes inlast overall when it come to cutthroat based on body count and indifference (not becasue she was a woman).I wish she killed more people. and i wish she could have imitated people better. You kow what, i wish they showed t-1000's display in t2..maybe he doens't have one since he doesn't ahve a screen...but he has to have senses.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 09:47 PM