KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S GAME EPISODE IV- 'CHASE'- LIGHT SIDE AREA

USH'S GAME EPISODE IV- 'CHASE'- LIGHT SIDE AREA
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (86): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S GAME EPISODE IV- 'CHASE'- LIGHT SIDE AREA

Malastare, Orbital Departure Point

It is but one day since the battle in the Malastarian capital. The news of the vast firefight, with sabre-wielding participants, is spreading over the whole Galaxy. Press comment is widespread and not all of it is in your favour.

But you now have, to add to your existing ones, warrants to arrest Takuan, evidently another member of Kuylen’s circle; Persis- who is probably as great a threat as any of Kuylen’s cronies, so unrestrained he is; and also Ascar. Though all he is wanted for is fleeing the Jedi.

Your main priority remains that of stopping the Dark Siders- either by catching or killing them, or by preventing their plan. Neither is easy. Tracking down Kuylen has proven near impossible in the past. To prevent their plan you MUST get the location of the Mausoleum they are seeking, or prevent them from getting such information. Persis has the vital Astrolabe, which you must acquire in their stead. Ascar simply knows the location, and must be taken out of circulation lest the Dark Siders find him first.

Moran has provided you as many details to help you as he can. They have identified Persis’ fleeing ship and have sent images to you. He was indeed bound on a course for his home area of Tartarus, notorious home of much of the underground smuggling trade in this part of the Republic. Galder’s ship has also been identified, but on his bearing he could have been going anywhere. No ship carrying Ascar has been traced, though you would be amazed if he were still here.
Three leads remain open to you. You may chase Persis to Tartarus. None of you know much about that place, but aside from its criminal element it is a Republican area and you may go there in fully official capacity, searching for your fugitive.

Ascar will almost certainly use his Hutt contacts to protect himself. The Hutts, inevitably, mean Nar Shadda. If you wish to find him, you must go there. Your status there is fuzzy. Hutt Space is technically within the Republic, actually, of course, it answers to no-one but the Hutts. Throw your weight around and they will laugh in your face. On the other hand, the authorities there can’t just kill you out of hand, because that would make it personal with the Republic and the Jedi Order. But even under the best circumstances, Nar Shadda is a very unsafe place.

Your final option is to try and seek Kuylen himself. You only have one lead for this- the planet Belseraphon, homeworld of the Order of Miramar. It appears that Kuylen’s ship left Malastare before the others, and the Miramar turned up on Malastare after he had gone. It seems very possible he went to get these contacts of his. Regardless, there is a large mystery over quite how he has managed to get these people on his side. There may be leads to be found there. However, you have no reason to think that Belseraphon will be anything other than a hostile and very dangerous place.

You may split your numbers as you see fit. You may go to all three, or just to one. However, anywhere you leave the Dark Siders unopposed, they are likely to win that section of the game by default, of course. Once you split up, you may ONLY communicate with the other groups via the comms units on your ships. You need to be at your ship to send or receive a message (though sent messages will, of course, be recorded until the person concerned gets it). You may wish to have a few emergency contingencies worked out BEFORE you split up, just in case.

Whilst you can do it any way you like, three points do spring to mind. First of all, it makes more sense to split the Masters up. Secondly, Xeth knows that he is the only one here who knows anything about Nar Shadda, as he did his undercover work there. Without him, players who go there will be stumbling in the dark. That said, Xeth, you LOATHE that place. It is an endless nightmare there. And somehow you doubt that Shareth will be pleased to hear you have returned. Thirdly, if players are going to be absent, or something similar, I can start different sections of the game at different times, so absent players may wish to be lumped together and I can start their bit later.

I know Gundy already has some ideas about the best way to split things. But please talk it over- there is no immediate rush. As ever, the Dark Siders get a slight lead on you guys in actually doing stuff. But this time the gap is very narrow- that is why it is a Chase.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Feb 2nd, 2003 at 12:25 PM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2003 11:34 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

(This looks nice)

I say:"now what are we going to do Gentlemen? Kellan do you have any suggestions? I think it is best that we devide the group into two parts and go after the two things we will have, imo, the most chance of finding namely Ascar in hutt space and Persis on Tartarus, seeing that xeth has a big advantage actualy having worked on Tartarus I think it is only logical that he would return, if he wants to ofcourse"

after pondering a while I again say:"we will have the best chance of finding our attackers by going after Persis since he is the only one with a functional Astrolabe they will also go after him, no?"

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2003 12:56 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Xeth knows nothing of Tartarus, none of you do.

And is it not logical that they would also go after Ascar?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2003 12:26 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

(sorry I missed the place I ment nar shadda
and the dark siders maybe I dunno, I wouldn't do it maybe kuylen wants vengeance but I think it would be a foolish move)

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2003 01:57 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Why is that any more foolish than going after the Astrolabe?

BtVS

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2003 02:34 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Note- it is mainly for newbies, but I have now created a geme summary thread for people to read to be more aware of the main plot.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2003 03:29 PM
Fire

(I thought kuylen needed the astrolabe to find the mausoleum, so he needs the astrolabe he does not need ascar for that I thought)

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2003 04:08 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

"I will definitely go to Nar Shaddaa with whoever decides to go there, though not out of want. The place is a filthy rat hole, a city-planet like Coruscant but filled with dread and death. Horrible place...controlled by the Hutts too!" Xeth says.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2003 04:30 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

"hmm.... What do the others think?"

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2003 04:51 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

(Fire, Ascar simply KNOWS the location of the Mausoleum, as I clearly pointed out above. Hence if they get the information from him the Astrolabe is entirely irrelevant)

As Xeth can point out, the main difference between Nar Shadda and Coruscant (aside from Nar Shadda being only a moon) is that Nar Shadda is deep, as opposed to Coruscant which is high.

But yes, it IS evil.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2003 10:27 PM
Fire

(okie good point, well than they should go after the two of them, must have read over that one)

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2003 10:38 PM
Julie
The Student

Sieri "Well, I'm not too particuar about any of the choices...I shall go wimply where I can best serve the Jedi Order."

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2003 08:52 PM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, Gundy is very busy right now, but from my talks with her, her idea for splitting the party was as such:

Nar Shadda:
Gundark (Wants to sort out Ascar)
Xeth (knows the ground)

Tartarus
Marcus (splitting the Masters)
Mah (All-round capable guy)

Belseraphon
Julie
Lance

(Tend to be absent, so I can start the plot for the hoth of them later on. Which even makes sense, as Belseraphon is certainly the furthest away)

Any objections?

BtVS

Old Post Feb 4th, 2003 08:11 PM
Fire

"If this is indeed the will of master gundark I will see it done!"

smile

Old Post Feb 4th, 2003 08:48 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

(Thanks Ush)

"That is how I see our best options, Marcus, although I am certainly open to your suggestions."

Old Post Feb 5th, 2003 01:45 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

"I have no specific 1st choice of destination, so Master Gundarks plan is perfectly fine by me."

Old Post Feb 5th, 2003 03:47 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Right then! Would the people in each group please decide how they plan to travel?

BtVS

Old Post Feb 5th, 2003 04:31 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

How about refugee transport to Nar Shadda ? Possible ?

Old Post Feb 5th, 2003 05:09 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No refugees go to Nar Shadda- not of the sort you mean. The sort of people who flee there are cutting deals with the Hutts.

Xeth, you'd be better off posing as traders.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 5th, 2003 05:10 PM
Fire

"Thank you for the confidence Master gundark, but you're plan will probably suit us best, for you know many of these jedi a lot better than I do"

Old Post Feb 5th, 2003 07:34 PM