KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » My hugungous, gargantuan, massive Matrix Theory/Matrix Explained page

My hugungous, gargantuan, massive Matrix Theory/Matrix Explained page
Started by: miggfl

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
miggfl

My hugungous, gargantuan, massive Matrix Theory/Matrix Explained page

Hi all, I have noticed that most of you fine folks already have pasted your theories, and most of you seem to know where each other stand on topics.

Since I'm relatively new here, I figured I'd post a few of my own theories on what I believe is going on in the matrix.

Its pretty long so if no one reads it all I understand, but if you guys (and gals) wanna give me some feedback as to my theories, I'd really appreciate it.

Oh, and please don't call me an idiot if you don't agree sad
If you think my thoughts are too "duh" or too "duhmb" you can just tell me that smile

http://www.nukum.com/matrix.html

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 06:30 PM
miggfl is currently offline Click here to Send miggfl a Private Message Find more posts by miggfl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Version 3 - Exactly what I said smile

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 06:44 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Very interesting, although i do not believe everything, very thought out. TO start with, i believe that your definition of the ONE is incorrect for the one reason that Architect says NEO must enter the SOURCE to have his code changed. If the "attribute" that makes Neo the ONE is in the SOURCE already, why must NEO be there for the changing?
Next, I don't think that the machines, per se, choose Morpheus, Trinity, Neo, etc to play the specific parts. Rather, i think it is the inverse, that the peoples destinies were created when they were born, along with thier character, so that they would BECOME the people needed. Also, Trinity did not have an equal in the previous Matrices, because the previous Ones would have chosen Love then, rather than return to the SOURCE.
Next, I actually see Zion as more of a Hell than a Heaven, or at least purgatory-like place. I believe MWAM is true, so i believe Zion is the "waiting-place", waiting for the Anomaly that will set them free. Also, I'm not sure if i believe that the machines did not know about choice before they set out with Version 2.0 or 3.0, depending on whether you believe the (Hell) version was the first of the ONE matrices, or was before the Ones came along.
Next, I think that the One is destined to become the One, but he has to make the choice, as in Christianity. I think he is either created with the anomaly in him, and it doesn't read that line of code until the One decides to become the ONE (as in when Neo died and trinity accepted that Neo was the one), or it is placed by the oracle (cookie) and executed when Neo died and Trinity accepted.

I think you are correct about the Smith/Bane change, who Seraph is, and part of the religion idea, but i think the need for a religion, even if it is the refusal to believe in a religion, is imprinted into Humans, at birth, naturally, and that the Machines took advantage of this, by use of the Oracle and the Prophecy.

Thats my two cents...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 07:52 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
miggfl

quote:
TO start with, i believe that your definition of the ONE is incorrect for the one reason that Architect says NEO must enter the SOURCE to have his code changed. If the "attribute" that makes Neo the ONE is in the SOURCE already, why must NEO be there for the changing?

Ok, lets say I'm at a network. I have a mainframe machine downstairs, and machine upstairs. I sit down to log to my machine, i enter my username and password, it checks with the mainframe to see if i have access, and if so, what level of access I have.. Administrator, regular user, etc. I write a lot of stuff, do some research, whatever, once I'm done with it, it will remain on my machine unless I upload that data to the mainframe. IMO The machines are constantly revising the process and when its time for a reload, they "download" the information from the One's mind, in order to further refine the environment of the matrix. I believe their eventual goal is to be able to completely account for the unknown variable "choice". Thus, neo's code/access, which makes him a superuser, is mutually exclusive from the fact that he's carrying around data inside his head that needs to be put back into the source before they flush the current system.

quote:
Next, I don't think that the machines, per se, choose Morpheus, Trinity, Neo, etc to play the specific parts. Rather, i think it is the inverse, that the peoples destinies were created when they were born, along with thier character, so that they would BECOME the people needed. Also, Trinity did not have an equal in the previous Matrices, because the previous Ones would have chosen Love then, rather than return to the SOURCE.

Obviously I can't debate you there. Its all opinion and speculation on both our parts smile
However, I can say that you're right that there was no mention of any previous 'loves'. But he also said that each of the previous ones were chosen and had very emotional ties with the people in zion. Thus, why they chose to go back into the source. I'm a big proponent of the "Machines perfecting the matrix through repetition" theory I've come up with. Hence, its possible they created Trinity as a curve ball to further nail down the specifics of how humans make their choices. Truth be known, everything in the universe can be explained mathematically. All one has to do is know all the equations and all the formulas. If the previous 5 "One"s went back into the source, it makes sense to vary your experiment considering you got the exact same outcome. (this is assuming its an obvservation experiment, and not a hypothesizing experiment)

quote:

Next, I actually see Zion as more of a Hell than a Heaven, or at least purgatory-like place. I believe MWAM is true, so i believe Zion is the "waiting-place", waiting for the Anomaly that will set them free. Also, I'm not sure if i believe that the machines did not know about choice before they set out with Version 2.0 or 3.0, depending on whether you believe the (Hell) version was the first of the ONE matrices, or was before the Ones came along.

Can't argue here again due to it just being a different belief. I am obviously not a believer in the MWAM theory, although I believe my theory aptly explains Zion's being a waiting-place or a Purgatory as well, in your own ideals. And I would also say, theres a huge difference between knowing about a human condition and understanding the human condition smile

Just because the machines "knew" that humans exhibited free will, doesn't mean they could predict how humans would react when forced to live in either a utopia or a hell.

quote:

Next, I think that the One is destined to become the One, but he has to make the choice, as in Christianity. I think he is either created with the anomaly in him, and it doesn't read that line of code until the One decides to become the ONE (as in when Neo died and trinity accepted that Neo was the one), or it is placed by the oracle (cookie) and executed when Neo died and Trinity accepted.

It "bakes your noodle" huh? I mean what is destiny. What is power? True destiny is a spiritual concept. While the W bros have put a good deal of spiritual symbolism into the film, it strikes me as though they've done a good job of modernizing and technologizing (horrible word) both philosophy and religion. In other words, all things for a reason, all things scientific. In this case, destiny can still exist, but more than likely, destiny is no more than a preset path by those with power, IE: The machines.

quote:

I think you are correct about the Smith/Bane change, who Seraph is, and part of the religion idea, but i think the need for a religion, even if it is the refusal to believe in a religion, is imprinted into Humans, at birth, naturally, and that the Machines took advantage of this, by use of the Oracle and the Prophecy.

Well I'm glad I had some points you met me eye to eye on smile
I think humans have, forever, felt a need not for religion, but for purpose. Purpose is of course a recurring theme in the films, especially the second. People believe in religion not just because we are afraid of dying and being dead, but also because we want to believe we're a part of something more. No one wants to think they are just nothing and no one. I believe the machines want to keep the human population under control and under observation as much as possible, ie: no rogue human camps, no rebels, no people trying to take over the machine world.

Giving the humans a zion to live in, grow in, make relationships in, and something to fight for (neo, or zion, whichever they believe in) is the religion/purpose they need. It also minimizes the chances of humans going outside of zion and causing trouble.

All in all, thanks much for responding! smile

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 08:28 PM
miggfl is currently offline Click here to Send miggfl a Private Message Find more posts by miggfl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tshirt

I like a lot of it. It is not too far from my own theory (posted around here somewhere).

The one thing I d not agree on is your analysis of the Oracle. The way you make it sound, it is as if the Oracle is a willing participant of the machines. (Whether completely or unknowingly like the agents.)

“She simply says what she's supposed to say, based on the equations the creators have worked out. “

Her actions lead us to the opposite conclusion. The Oracle is hiding from the machines, from the Agents and from others. Why? I am not sure. It could be because she is trying to make a power play in the Matrix or she could have developed sympathy for the humans and wants to free them. From the information we have it is safe to assume she has been around for the past “Ones”. She knows about Neo’s dreams and would know they are different from the previous “One’s” dreams. Thus, she knows that Neo chooses the other door.

You mention that the Oracle states:
"[the source] is where the path of the one ends". But she was wrong. Flat out. No misinterpretation, no misleading, she was just wrong. It didn't end. He flew out, rescued trinity, and obviously remains acting as "The One" in revolutions. The oracle does not know all, and she's no future teller. She simply says what she's supposed to say, based on the equations the creators have worked out.

This may still happen. The thing about the Oracles, and all soothsayers is that we often misinterpret their information. There is still time for Neo to fight Smith, fight some squiddies, meet the Speaking Machine, have a cup of java and eventually go back to the Source, where his path will end.

Finally, I agree that the humans will make a deal with the machine. This is not (at least I hope) a clean and tidy bad guy defeated, hero gets the girl and they live happily ever after type movie. My guess is that there is a conclusion, but that it is not pretty and it leaves many things still in motion.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 09:58 PM
tshirt is currently offline Click here to Send tshirt a Private Message Find more posts by tshirt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rysdigital
the end has come

damn nice page!

good theories, especially at the end.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 10:03 PM
rysdigital is currently offline Click here to Send rysdigital a Private Message Find more posts by rysdigital Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote