KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Did the Architect Lie? (Spoilers)

Did the Architect Lie? (Spoilers)
Started by: The Unknown

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Unknown
Anomaly

Did the Architect Lie? (Spoilers)

Didn't the Architect tell Neo that if the Matrix wasn't restarted, everyone inside would die because it would have a cataclysmic failure? Or did what the machines do to Neo cause the system to restart? The craters disappeared, so did that mean that the system was restarted, or was the Matrix just repairing the street?

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 03:16 AM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xemir

Did you see the black cat? It was the machines reparing the building so sense they changed the code the de ja vu cat happend again like in the first 1 in the abandoned house.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 03:19 AM
xemir is currently offline Click here to Send xemir a Private Message Find more posts by xemir Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

Oh, forgot about that, so the architect did lie, or the W Bros messed up.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 03:24 AM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

The architect did lie.........I'm not sure if he was lying about what you are speaking of in your post but he did lie in their meeting. He told Neo that his purpose was to enter the source and re-insert his code into the prime program of the Matrix.....that his path ended there.

Obviously this is not true because the Oracle cannot see past the path of the one. She only knows the path up untill the end because that is all that pertains to her purpose, to guide the one on his path. In Revolutions The Oracle can still see into "the future"......which means the path of the one did not end in the source. Neo was never supposed to pick the door that led to the source.

Neo was still on the path of the one. And it ended just as prophecised........the one touched the source and brought an end to the war......

In Revolutions the Oracle told us basically that the Architect lied to Neo to try to coax him into entering the source so he could eliminate the anomoly he has tried so desperately to prevent.

Who knows what else the Architect lied about.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 01:19 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

No, the Architect didn’t lie. He’s just unable to see beyond the EITHER-OR thinking of his programming. EITHER door 1 OR door 2. The cataclysmic system failure was the Smith-virus, and it very nearly DID destroy the entire Matrix.
The machines ARE capable of changing the Matrix if they want to. The matrix was not reset. It was allowed to continue – a brand new day, symbolised by the new dawn.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 01:22 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
priestjim
Grovda

And, in contrary to what everyone expected, the humans weren't supposed to win the war, but live in peace with the machines.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 02:31 PM
priestjim is currently offline Click here to Send priestjim a Private Message Find more posts by priestjim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Priestjim> I don't know who thought mankind should win. Reloaded kept bringing up the topic of peace-full corporation. The One was supposed to end the war...

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 02:36 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
priestjim
Grovda

Well yes Neo ended the war! But many of my friends expected the humans to win, like destroy completely the machines, which is impossible (did you see the size of 01? WHOA!).

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 02:48 PM
priestjim is currently offline Click here to Send priestjim a Private Message Find more posts by priestjim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
audioheem

Yeah the Architect didn't lie but you all seem to be taking a different meaning from what happened to the Matrix. I thought it was reloaded but without anyone inside apart from the programs. The cat, I thought, symbolised the regeneration, not the deja vu, because there was only one... and not in the same appearance/area as when Neo saw it in M1.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 03:15 PM
audioheem is currently offline Click here to Send audioheem a Private Message Find more posts by audioheem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
priestjim
Grovda

Actually, where did all the city people go in the Superbrawl?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 03:25 PM
DisrupTer911

priestjim
All the people in the Matrix were morphed into Smiths...hense how he became so powerful because he had the strength and power of every plugged in human alive...but during the fix of the Matrix...I'm thinking that all the people were un-morphed ... but... if thats the case ... then this is the 7th version correct? b/c when Smith exploded...so did his copies meaning the people died...unless everyone gets reinserted except for the ones that want to get free. My question is, how will the architect, the oracle, or that little girl(the new Merovingian? or the new architect?) know which people want to get free to unplug them?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 03:35 PM
DisrupTer911 is currently offline Click here to Send DisrupTer911 a Private Message Find more posts by DisrupTer911 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
priestjim
Grovda

Well yeah but where did everybody go when the Matrix was reset? We only see Sati sleeping in the street! Everybody else demorphed and acted like nothing had happened?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 03:39 PM
xeous
The Next.

No, the oricle knew that the matrix had reloaded because she said, as the architect was walking towards her, "Suprise suprise." In a sarcastic tone.

I actually expected to see Neo going to work or something-As Thomas Anderson but I guess that there will be a few more years before that happens.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 03:50 PM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
miggfl

it is possible that the humans were either flushed or something happened to them. because after the matrix reloads, and the code changes, we only see programs at first.

I mean, only see people who are programs.
Oracle, sati, seraph and architect. and they are all programs.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 05:01 PM
miggfl is currently offline Click here to Send miggfl a Private Message Find more posts by miggfl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
priestjim
Grovda

And does the matrix remembers where people were before they were taken over by smith? Because if they return in an irrelevant place then they will realize that something is wrong. Unless the machines wipe their memory.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 05:13 PM
snafupen
audio guru

think of how much work though went into just unplugging neo. im pretty sure when the matrix fixed itself all the people were just sent back tot ehir beds or something. theres no way that the machines would unplug millions of people at the same time. people would die or be confused or not be able to move their muscles.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 05:14 PM
snafupen is currently offline Click here to Send snafupen a Private Message Find more posts by snafupen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

quote:
Originally posted by DisrupTer911
priestjim
All the people in the Matrix were morphed into Smiths...hense how he became so powerful because he had the strength and power of every plugged in human alive...but during the fix of the Matrix...I'm thinking that all the people were un-morphed ... but... if thats the case ... then this is the 7th version correct? b/c when Smith exploded...so did his copies meaning the people died...unless everyone gets reinserted except for the ones that want to get free. My question is, how will the architect, the oracle, or that little girl(the new Merovingian? or the new architect?) know which people want to get free to unplug them?

The same way that was done in the previous movies. The people of Zion track down the people and give them a choice.

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:15 AM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Audiohem> A deja-vu doesn’t have to take place on the exact same spot as Neo saw it to be a deja-vu. Otherwise there would only be deja-vu’s in one building.
It COULD, theoretically, have been Reloaded, as the anomaly was finally returned to the Source.
The humans would simply have their memories erased. They’re still there, as the Oracle does ask what the Architect plans to do with them now.

These people, who’re now being allowed to be freed will most likely be the ones we play in The matrix On-line.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:30 AM
Verity

Omega's right...the Oracle did specify that the architect has a limited vision! He was just telling Neo what his mathematical self could only know...beyond that, he's incapable of understanding how humans proceed! That's why he needed the Oracle in the first place!

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:59 AM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

And why the Oracle was allowed to say
"Pleeassee" in the exact same manner the Architect did in Reloaded smile

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 04:19 PM