KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Future discussion

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Future discussion
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Future discussion

Every so often I ruminate and explore the possible future of the Star Wars game, which has been quite solid for a long time now. Still, with the final Star Wars film approaching, some points do need to be considered.

First of all, the new Episode will start in the New Year. This will firmly establish the new Campaign as successful. I hope to have that Episode finished by the time ROTS comes out in May. The end of that Episode will see the Dark Siders setup in their new position and the conclusion of the current Jedi plotline.

The next episode will start during the grip of SW fever at the point of the Episode III release (that Episode will also, coincidentally, be Episode III of this campaign). It will be set two years after (my) Episode II, and so four years after the original campaign. It will consist of a prologue section for both sides, which the Light Siders will find highly satisfying and the Dark Siders will find... intriguing. The main Campaign plot will kick off around this time.

After that, of course, things become hazy. A series of episodes seperated by years is planned. The finale of the campaign, its Mausoleum of Demnos equivalent... whatever that might be.. is planned to take place at the same time as the Battle of Geonosis- day one of the Clone Wars. It will explain why the Light Siders are not on Geonosis that day- they are required elsewhere on matters of equal importance. Yup, big things are planned.

This will form the end of this Star Wars story as such; the era these games is set in effectively ends there. As well as the standard risks involved in RPing, there is also the possiblity that the Dark Siders will get slaughtered.

However, this is not obligatory, and much depends on play. At this point, any plans to force the death of any of the players, Light or Dark, have been withdrawn. Even beyond the scope of the campaign, we do not see the need to force this, even if this conflicts with Yoda's ROTJ line. Quite what this might mean for the Jedi.. we don't know. The Dark Siders may be able to flee the Galaxy before the Empire catches them.

Now, it will take a long time to reach that point. SW fever will die down after ROTS, never to be so big again. Still, if the tv series comes, interest will always be there, and SW has quite a fan base anyway. Aside form that, I like to think we have a nice community here that will be interested in continual play for another three years- having already played three years- even as you guys grow up and gets jobs etc. So if we do reach that point, we have several options:

1. A Clone Wars campaign. This has no fixed plot as of yet but is possible. The mood will be very different- as I say, the Era really shuts down once the Clone Wars start. However... this would be Light Side only. Plot developments will rule out the Dark Side by this point.

2. An Original Trilogy era campaign. This IS plotted. The players play either Rebels or Imperials ten years after Episode III (and so ten years before the Battle of Yavin). However, this game acts more than just more SW playing in a different era- it is actually a quasi-sequel to the current game, and may even tie up some points remaining from the old days. The intention, btw, is that the Dark Side players play the Imperials- that's not obligatory, but when you see the plot you'll know why. The Campaign would play through until the Battle of Yavin and will see the Rebels grow from a slight annoyance to a genuine threat- in mood, the total opposite of the current campaign, with things starting crappy for the good guys but getting better and better as time goes on.

3. A pre-prequel era campaign. Whilst not plotted, elements exist for a game set thousands of years before the current game, to act as a prequel. Set in the time of Knights of the Old Republic, and most likely happily using that game as the base plotline minus the more absurd bits, the game would involve genuine Jedi versus Sith battles in the classic days- with the Sith villain of the piece being Darth Demnos himself, with Dark Siders getting a chance to work for him, and Jedi seeing what being on the wrong side of him was like. Entirely possible that Zeiton and the Mausoleum will appear- and you may even get the full deal on what was there...

Err, it's all vague right now. But in general. Christmas being a time for reflection and all, I just wanted to keep people up to speed with current potential plans. Please feel free to discuss or comment!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 26th, 2004 at 03:00 PM

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 01:39 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Hmm...not sure if I like the bit that we'll find 'intriguing'...is that intriguing in a good way or intriguing in a bad way?

And when is there NOT a possibility of us getting slaughtered? Like all the time spent so far getting our asses kicked by those damn pigs?

I think the OT and KOTOR era games sound interesting....of course, I probably should get around to eventually playing KOTOR....hey, I think I know what to buy with all those giftcards I got...hehehe.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 07:15 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Nice,
I like it, and I REALLY wanna do the pre-prequal one.
What about the non-jedi, Imperial/rebel one you had outlines a while ago, that one sounded fun

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 07:15 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Yeah! Option number 3!

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 07:22 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote:
What about the non-jedi, Imperial/rebel one you had outlines a while ago, that one sounded fun

That would be the second one, genius stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 07:26 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Damn... I'd like to keep playing with these characters... But I guess that would be a bit too stupid.

Couldn't we all just flee past the Rim - or the Dark-siders flee and the Jedi pursue, into a new galaxy? stick out tongue

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 07:51 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

quote:
Originally posted by Silver Stardust
That would be the second one, genius stick out tongue

*whistles*
Yea... I knew that......

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 09:29 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Trickster
Damn... I'd like to keep playing with these characters... But I guess that would be a bit too stupid.

Couldn't we all just flee past the Rim - or the Dark-siders flee and the Jedi pursue, into a new galaxy? stick out tongue

Not within the confines of any game I would run, I am afraid! Feel free to write your own epilogues.

It's a long way off, so if people are REALLY wedded to their characters, we shall see what developments might come, but as it stands, those are the options.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 10:41 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Id be inclined to do the OT story, but then I think you probably already knew that Ush. wink

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 11:07 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Hmm...pre-prequel...

In all those games, the Dark Siders obviously lose! stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 11:23 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

(checks)

Yup... that's SW I am afraid. But the Cult of Demnos actually still existed right the way up until the final Sith Wars so the Dark Side can't lose THAT badly.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 25th, 2004 at 11:43 PM

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 11:40 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Very true.

Maybe it can be Galder's great-great-great-great-grandfather...or however many greats I need...

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 11:43 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Might need a different personality to work with Demnos. He was a different kind of leader.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 11:45 PM
Brit
Duchess

I opt Pre-prequel.

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 11:54 PM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

So long as I get to be a dark sider...heh.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2004 02:44 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Amen to that.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2004 04:18 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

To answer earlier questions-

The reason the Dark Side is at risk of total wipe out is because you play for larger stakes. As Doon has told you, you cannot just survive any more, you have to thrive, which means you are going to start messing around in very dangerous areas- and defeat can mean it blowing up in your face. Worst comes to the worst, the Jedi can always flee to Coruscant and say "HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLP!" to the Council. For the Dark Siders, yourselves are all you have, and if you fail that's it.

As for intriguing... well, good or bad might be relative. But the end of the Prologue you will find intriguing in a "What the bloody hell is this??" kind of way.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 26th, 2004 12:07 PM
Dexx
wingless

yeah..the end of the mausoleum campaign was intriguing in that way stick out tongue
must say..i'm curious on the plot development.

out of those options....the 3rd one, kotor time-line, sounds most appealing

Old Post Dec 26th, 2004 01:36 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

2 or 3 would be great. But I'd like to play this trough till the end (when all the light siders die)

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Dec 26th, 2004 02:26 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

but they dont..as ush says

Old Post Dec 26th, 2004 02:35 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote