KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Linda Hamilton as a terminator

Is humankind worth preserving?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, mankind is worth preserving. 5 50.00%
No, the terminators are superior and should take over. 5 50.00%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Linda Hamilton as a terminator
Started by: shaber

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
shaber
schizoid

Question Linda Hamilton as a terminator

In T2 Linda Hamilton's character is definitely psychotic enough to play a terminator role, but the trouble is, Linda Hamilton was just never photogenic enough. :lol:

All three Terminator models are better looking than the average man. Also NB in T2 it is mentioned that the T-800 is a vastly superior being to any human. It never gets bored, drunk, abusive (in the wrong way) etc. etc.

Is humankind really worth preserving considering they are just inferior terminators?

Yes, they are worth preserving.

or

No, the Terminators should take over,

Vote now.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2004 08:36 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evanescence
Bring Me To Life

if the owrld was full of nice terminators, and sexy terminators that look like linda in t2, then bring on the terminatrors!

Join my Terminator site if you want!

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 01:22 AM
Evanescence is currently offline Click here to Send Evanescence a Private Message Find more posts by Evanescence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

Nah

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 12:02 PM
Mighty Yoda is currently offline Click here to Send Mighty Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Mighty Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

is she nude in Terminator 1, i dun remember... confused

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 01:17 AM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

yes she is. its a sex scene. but her acting in that scene is horrible. i mean u can so so c that shez fakin it

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 06:10 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

Nice titties

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 10:27 AM
Mighty Yoda is currently offline Click here to Send Mighty Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Mighty Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Re: Linda Hamilton as a terminator

quote:
Originally posted by shaber
All three Terminator models are better looking than the average man.
Certainly the T-X was. Possibly because she was a fit girl - I dunno...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 07:51 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

It's an interesting point you raise, shaber. But regardless of how the robots function and even look, you can never replace the human spirit. Humans should strive to improve - and not just replace ourselves with beings that can do things better. Otherwise, what's the point in living?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 07:54 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

Did you notice in the scene south in the desert area in the filling station scene, that the two children fighting there looked incredibly ugly when set next two the protagonists (Eddie and Arnie)? T-800 also looked really out of place with the nomadic latin americans too, he had such an unreal beauty.

I know that the T-1000 isn't as good looking as the T-X or even the T-800s, but I think the directors were trying to pick a mild manered (seeming) quicksilver assassin who did not appear to be presumptuous or anything.

Man was not trying to replace itself when it built Skynet - that agenda was already decided... wink

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 08:05 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I know that it was not man's intention... I was just responding to your original point: is manking worth preserving?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 08:09 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Oh and yes... Robert Patrick doesn't have the most threatening of faces. That is, I believe, why he was chosen, and how people were fooled into thinking he was the good guy until the hallway confrontation with the T-800...

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 08:11 PM
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

I thought that when i first watched it.

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 12:28 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Then mission accomplished!

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 05:58 PM
shaber
schizoid

I like the liquid nature of the T-1000. That make him better than the T-800 series as he isn't trapped in a debilitating cloud of meat?

You know how the T-800 series can bleed, but not cry? Well how much of the plumbing DOES work? shifty

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2004 07:39 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

laughing

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2004 10:21 PM
shaber
schizoid

Were there any female T-800s? confused The models show only men semblences.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 02:16 AM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Quite possibly. See - all the Arnold type robots were T-800's; only those that ressemble Arnold are T-101 models. Thus, there could well be models with Arnold's structure, but not his appearance, such as a T-102 or something. Hope that helps

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 11:04 AM
shaber
schizoid

I saw a T-800 that looked alot like Reese, a dark haired effeminate young white/caucasian man.

I like Slick Rick's idea that if Skynet lost its power, then it would no longer be able to interfere with the thinking of the terminators and so the majority would decide to be kind to the surviving humans. Skynet was humanity's creation and attempted their annihilation. There is no real reason why the terminators would wish to follow Skynet unconditionally. There can be no question as to the terminators superiority though.

I would say that the T-1000 did develop its own full character as the T-800 did. It was exhibiting quite a wicked and sadistic sense of humour by the end.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 09:17 AM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I agree - both did a fine job...

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 07:56 PM
shaber
schizoid

Was the T-800 in the original decomposing as a result of the bullet wound? confused I remember the cyborg was asked if it were keeping a dead cat in its lodging, to which it selected a rude response.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 09:03 PM