KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Confusing Horror Films

Confusing Horror Films
Started by: BaronOBeefDip

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BaronOBeefDip
Fedora wearin' psychopath

Confusing Horror Films

There have been threads about the best, worst, scariest, and the least scary horror films. However, what I want to know is what's your opinion on what is the most confusing horror film. You've ever seen. Perhaps it had something to do with the plot contradicting itself or there being a lack of any plot at all. Or, maybe it was a sequel that didn't seem to tie in with original film very well. Either way, if it confused the shit out of you, I wanna know about it.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 01:03 AM
BaronOBeefDip is currently offline Click here to Send BaronOBeefDip a Private Message Find more posts by BaronOBeefDip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

The Ring.
If I hadn't seen Ringu (the original Japanese film) first I probably would have never guessed what was going on. And they changed a lot of major plot points it's nigh unrecognizable from the orignal movie, which I thought made much more sense.

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 07:32 AM
Next Venom_girl is currently offline Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

In the Mouth of Madness and Lords of Illusion could be a little confusing

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 08:04 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

meh....

I've never had a problem with any film.......horror genre included. There are many films that leave you confused up to a certain point (In the Mouth of Madness and Lord of Illusions as papa up there just mentioned) but always give explanations. The movies confusing you are actually part of the plot........if they didn't have you confused for the first 30 minutes, the plot points and twists wouldn't be as good. Other good examples of this are Jacob's ladder and Hellraiser Inferno. Both were meant to leave you confused up until the point the entire plot device is revealed.

but.......I've never walked away confused about a movie after viewing it in it's entirety. The closest I can come is Hellraiser Deader. It didn't leave me confused..........it just pissed me off the way they ended the movie without fleshing out the story and explaining a few critical things that they should have.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 12:42 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

okay anyone here seen high tension that movies ending made no sense at all if anyone ever understands what or how this is possible please PM me

Old Post Jul 25th, 2005 10:51 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I have to admit, when I first watched it, American Psycho confused the hell outta me. At least the very end did. But now I understand what happened to Bateman, since I watched it numerous times and read the book

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 25th, 2005 11:00 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have never really been confused by a film, like Slipknot mentioned.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2005 05:10 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Escape
Paparazzi

Darkness...I still don't understand it...

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 03:14 AM
Sweet Escape is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Escape a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Escape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

NOES - confused that they made more than one

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 06:42 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayer
Horror Fan

Jacobs Ladder until the end as ED said.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 06:59 AM
slayer is currently offline Click here to Send slayer a Private Message Find more posts by slayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote