KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » PLAYERS OF USH'S GAMES- Matrix AND LOTR- PLEASE READ!

PLAYERS OF USH'S GAMES- Matrix AND LOTR- PLEASE READ!
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

PLAYERS OF USH'S GAMES- Matrix AND LOTR- PLEASE READ!

As you know, I have been unexpectedly busy lately. Just to compund that, it seems as if I will be equally busy after the New Year as well.

This business has seriously hampered my ability to keep up with running these games. I have considered the possibility of cancellation, but... nah...

I'm going to try my best to keep running things as much as possible. Now LOTR has a more settled player base, things will become easier there and I can write stories more based around the characters involved. Easier to understand character creation rules were finished off by me a few months back, and we'll be introducing the Secondary skills and finally introducing the Magic rules soon. So come the New Year, the build up to the nbew LOTR game begins- Storm tells me she is interested, people, now aware of how the system works, can re-do their characters, and people will be due a ton of experience, and all can be happy happy. Part III of the LOTR game will return us to Arthedain, and will be very different in mood, being a Part of social behaviour and investigative work, along with a lot of chances to show off your martial skills in a non-psychotic way. it is a good time for new players to join- far better than Part II was- and also acts as a chance for the group to establish relationships with the remaining Dunadan Nobility of the North. Vardalain alone will have to carry on the continuity from the start which will kick off Part IIIs plot, but after that everyone else can be firmly entrenched into the storyline, as the Arthedainians enjoy their final year of relative freedom before the struggle for the North begins in earnest.

Matrix wise, the new system is finally being codified into written form. When it is done, I will be starting up training sessions here, as I want you guys to help in testing it all!

So, so long as you guys can put up with my business, that is the plan for the New Year, new LOTR, with a fresh and vigorous approach, and the slow testing of the new Matrix system, culminating eventually in the new game. Before all that, the summary and explanation of the current game will be posted. Promise!

Just giving you guys the heads up... thanks for your continued interest!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 26th, 2004 03:09 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

sounds nice, ush

Old Post Dec 26th, 2004 03:25 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Sounds good Ush,
I'm sure we can all deal with a bit slower play.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2004 06:22 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

sounds awesome big grin

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 12:15 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

god, i'm gonna totally redo vardalain. (except the template)
No more bows for me. totally melee

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 10:36 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Yay, new Matrix game!

And I told you I was interested in LOTR that one day, remember?

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 11:11 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That's cool, SS.

And whilst I don't want to encourage total 'shinyism' in going to melee, I think I mentioned before that it is always, always, ALWAYS a good idea to be able to handle yourself up close in LOTR!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 28th, 2004 at 01:15 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 12:41 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

true but I wouldn't give up ranged combat totally Dexx (you'll get a lot -or as ush says massive amounts- of xp you can use that to increase your melee skill)

Btw Ush we will be informed what we can buy with our xp points or is it the same as background points?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 12:43 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You should already know how xp in LOTR works; when you go up a level you add your skill points by profession on again.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 12:48 PM
Fire

found it thx

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 12:55 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
That's cool, SS.

And whilst I don't want to encourage toatal 'shinyism' in going to melee, I think I mentioned before that it is always, always, ALWAYS a good idea to be abel to handle yourself up close in LOTR!

Yea I made the mistake of trying to balance out between melee and bow and ended up just sucky at both, gonna go for full melee this time. just for self-preservation

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 04:22 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

euhm I wouldn't give up on ranged combat totally cause there will always be situations which can be resolved soley with ranged combat

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 04:48 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Well I, being a mage, have such a small number of points to be spent on combat, I really have to choose one or the other, or be completly ineffective at both.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 06:36 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes- only Warriors and Rangers really have the luxury at being any good with more than one weapon.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 01:15 AM
Dexx
wingless

precisely.....then i think i'm gonna go for melee

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 07:54 AM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Hmmm...

Ush, could I put Azrael back into the Matrix game?

I only pulled out because I went on holiday, and was gutted when I found I had internet access! wink

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Last edited by Trickster on Dec 29th, 2004 at 07:47 PM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 07:44 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Oh, by the way, my brother fully intends on rejoining the Matrix game.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 02:58 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

And I think I mentioned it, but the (usually) faithful group of BB, Zink, and I want to try getting back into LOTR, me especially. Gotta get Dwarves on the scene!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2005 04:42 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Please!
I could use more fighters!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2005 04:46 AM
Corlindel
Noldor

I cant wait to add xp to Corlindel. He deserves smile

It would be good if the Noldor could have more strenght points than normal elves to increase Corlindel's weapon skills whistle

Thanks for all Ush thumb up

Por minha Dama
«...et tu seras pour moi unique au monde, et je serais pour toi unique au monde...»

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 05:49 PM
Corlindel is currently offline Click here to Send Corlindel a Private Message Find more posts by Corlindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote