KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » Stargate Alpha - Ver 3.0 character creation and rules

Stargate Alpha - Ver 3.0 character creation and rules
Started by: SpikeSpiegel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Stargate Alpha - Ver 3.0 character creation and rules

Right, here we are then. Along with the information posted here is a pack of images which will make the new system clearer (hopefully). Now where to start? Ah yes…

Characters

OK then, here we are at the latest update of the character creation. This is far more detailed with the last version, and bits that may not seem that significant will be. By the way, you can now only be human.

Name - Do I really have to explain this? It’s your character’s name. Please include a full name, Surname and Forename. The limitation here is that you can’t choose the name of anyone from the TV series or any celebrities, or characters in movies.

Rank - Not necessarily your military rank, you can be a doctor (of medical or archaeology) as well. We need one person to be Lt. Col. and one to be a major. (Rusky and Trickster have priority over these two ranks) Also at least one doctor would be required. Other than that you can choose any rank (below Major)

Nationality - You are a team made of people from all over Earth, you can post where you are from here.

Appearance - What you look like. Don’t be too vague, nothing is too descriptive. Include height, hair colour, eye colour etc. If you like you can also use a hero maker to design your character.

Personallity - What you are like as a person. For example; heroic, shy, bold, reckless, headstrong, etc. Now this is actually important, two people with opposing personalities will clash heads at times over decisions and the likes.

History - A brief (or not-so-brief) description of your character’s past. You can include anything you like, such as where they were born, when, when they started their job. Anything you like.

Stats - Here is the new stats system. You have 20 points to spend, spend them well. (First figure is the default, the second is the maximum)

Health - 25/30
MA skill - 0/5
MA defence - 0/5
Weapon skills:
Human - 0/5
Goa’uld - 0/5
Combat - 0/5
Other - 0/5
Defense - 0/5
Speed - 8/10
Accuracy - 7/10
Dodge - 7/10

Now these can be upped by what equipment you use on missions (not all equipment effects your stats)

Skills - You have 8 points to spend on skills, the maximum for each is 5. The more you spend on things the better you will be at them. Ranks will affect your skills in some points. For example, a doctor of medicine will have 3 medical already. Each skill takes one point.

Leadership - (Higher military have over the limit and can’t be over ruled. This is mainly for those who are doctors or privates who may conflict on decisions in certain circumstances. The one with the higher skill will stand more of a chance of winning the conflict.)
Negotiation
Language - (Choose what language you would like to know other than English and your native language these include ancient dialects as well.)
Driving
Piloting
Technology
Knowledge:
-Earth History
-Goa’uld History
-Space
-Medical
-Science
Stealth
Awareness

Missions

The missions will be slightly different than they were in the first (four part) mission. Where-as that was done as Mission 1.X, these will be given names, such as “Under Siege”. Most missions will only be one long thread, which would be the same as one episode, but some will be two parters. We’ll call the first 9for) missions “Pilot” and then go from there.
Missions won’t just be movement and combat, there will be different types. These include; Elimination, Stealth/recon, Retrieval, Seek & Destroy, Ambush, and Negotiation. There will still be the objective approach to these missions, and there will be more than one way to go about doing them.
I’d also like to add that you don’t have to take part in every single mission, although there are a few that will need certain types of people to be there, so tell me before hand if you won’t be wanting to/able to take part in the mission so I can alter it to fit.

The new combat system

This is where the drawings come into it.

The Arena

As you can see by the image, the ‘arena’ is split into 9 blocks. Each of these will contain different enemies/objects. Each area takes 2 turns to move between, and you can only go to adjacent ones from the block you are in.

Field of view

Now this one’s the biggest change. You are the dot in the middle of the circle. You have a 90° view with the 45° being the centre of vision. You can shoot anywhere in the view (anyone in your 90° view) without suffering penalty. If you shoot someone who is in your centre of view (line of fire) you will get a bonus of +1 to both hit and damage.
You can turn your head either way to get a 180° view, but this will result in a loss of -1 to both hit and damage. How is this resolved? You turn, the dashes just outside the circle are the areas where you can turn to face your CoV. With the 90° being the next dash along. Turning takes -1 away from both damage and hit when done in the attack phase, but provides no bonus or loss if done in the movement phase.

Hit area

As you can see from the image of the person, you can hit different areas, this is random. If you are lucky enough to get a headshot then the enemy will suffer a death check to see if you killed him instantly. Other areas and he may have to have a wound roll which will decrease his stats slightly, they will also take more damage per round (-2 automatically). Careful though, it doesn’t only apply to the enemy as you can be KO’d/wounded as well.

Turns

Turns are divided up as such:
Movement - As it implies your movement phrase, such as running towards another area, turning, or jumping for cover.
Attack - Again, as implied. It’s your attacks against an enemy. Remember to specifically say which enemy you’re attacking.
Defence - Your defensive manoeuvre, dodge, duck, dip, dive……dodge. Whatever you feel is right. Certain things will improve your defence, such as cover, but these may also reduce your attack.

Attack and defence can be the other way around, depending on who is faster. You or your opponent.
I think that’s everything. Enjoy, and if you have any questions just PM me.

Attachment: sg-alpha pack.zip
This has been downloaded 30 time(s).

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 05:07 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rusky
Waiting for da snow

Nice... the rules seem well worked out...good work Spike.. (laughing I see u'r drawing skills are just as good as mine...if not slightly better big grin)

Have fun||

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 07:21 PM
rusky is currently offline Click here to Send rusky a Private Message Find more posts by rusky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kael
The Lone Wolf

here goes

Name: Chris Holden
Nationality: British
Appearance: Short black hair, brown eyes, height 6' 2", good looking, slightly well built.
History: Born in merry England, where he started his first job as workin in a museum. Later on in life he began work in Egypt , and learnt alot of what he knows from Daniel Jackson. Now 35 years old.
Stats:
Health +4
Human +5
Defence +5
Accuracy +3
Dodge +3
Skills:
Languages ancient *4
Negotiation *3
Goa'uld history *1

probably made a mistake some where

I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 07:28 PM
Kael is currently offline Click here to Send Kael a Private Message Find more posts by Kael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

quote:
Originally posted by rusky
Nice... the rules seem well worked out...good work Spike.. (laughing I see u'r drawing skills are just as good as mine...if not slightly better big grin)

My mouse was mucking about, it's not my fault embarrasment

And Tom, you forgot your personality.

And you can coose what ancient languages you know. Eg. Latin, Egyption, Babylonion, Greek etc.

Last edited by SpikeSpiegel on Feb 12th, 2005 at 09:31 AM

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 09:18 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kael
The Lone Wolf

Personality: Determined, analytical, assertive.
Egyption.
What about The Ancients writing?

I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 11:16 AM
Kael is currently offline Click here to Send Kael a Private Message Find more posts by Kael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Yeah, I was only giving examples. I wasn't saying this is all there is

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 04:12 PM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Bumping

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 08:55 PM
Daniel_Shanks

heya ppls, i dloaded it but not working sad
wat program do i need 2 open it with TY!

Daniel_Shanks

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 09:35 AM
Daniel_Shanks is currently offline Click here to Send Daniel_Shanks a Private Message Find more posts by Daniel_Shanks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote