KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Motives of the Batman

Motives of the Batman
Started by: Hegemon875

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Motives of the Batman

Personally I believe that he is not after revenge like many of you are thinking but rather redemption. He is trying to prevent what happened to him from happening to anyone else. And in the process redeem himself for not being able to save his parents by saving the lives of many others. But I was wondering what other opinions are out there.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2003 08:17 PM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

I am with u on this one as he says in batman forever to robin u think killing iur parents killers will stop the pain it wont but he still got his revenge on the joker so he just does it now for the pure heroism and he likes helping people as u said from having hapen to them what happend to him good point bro

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 03:43 AM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Exactly

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 07:36 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ryshtyanna

If Batman was out for revenge, he would have taken on the path of a criminal rather than that of a Superhero. Criminals are usually bent on revenge while Suerheroes are more out for justice.

Resolution would be the motive best associated with Batman. The character is riddled with guilt because he was unable to stop what happened to his parents. Whenever somebody feels guilt it's not revenge they're after. Usually it's a mix of that need to heal through resolve and redemption.

Also, as the Klingons word it...Revenge is a dish best served cold. To me this suggests the desire to kill. Batman isn't about killing. He's about justice.

At least that's how I see it.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 08:00 AM
Ryshtyanna is currently offline Click here to Send Ryshtyanna a Private Message Find more posts by Ryshtyanna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I agree w/ you, but I still think redemption makes more sense

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 09:53 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote