KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » The Matrix and Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon

The Matrix and Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon
Started by: ShiniGamiSan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ShiniGamiSan

The Matrix and Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon

My friends keep telling me the Wakowski brothers are big fans of Pink Floyd, and edited The Matrix while listening to Dark Side of the Moon. They said to watch The Matrix with Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon in the background. So I did what they said, and this is what I came up with.

Start the Dark Side of the moon at the same time you start "The Matrix" The song Speak to me builds through the opening credits, with the Final scream climaxing as the camera zooms into green digital "Zero".

As we watch Trinity and the police approach here, the lyrics are heard:
"Breathe, breathe in the air.
Don't be afraid to care.
Leave but don't leave me.
Look around and choose your own ground.

Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be. "

As Trinity is on phone and being warned to get out of there:
"Run rabbit Run.". A while later she tells Neo to "Follow the White Rabbit'"

Race towards an early grave" plays as Trinity starts Roof top run.

As the song "On the Run plays, theres the sound of footsteps as trinity is chased.

Voice says "Live for today, gone tomorrow, that's me, HaHaHaaaaaa!" as truck has just smashed phone booth.

Laughter as Neo Wakes up, then Crash as he looks at his computer monitor

Dreamy music as camera pans across club, building to Trinity meeting.

Neo sees Trinity, Music changes, singing "Waiting for someone or something to show you the way."

"No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun."

'So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking" while his Boss is telling Neo he'd better shape up.

Neo opens envelope, Music is saying "The time is gone, the song is over".

Music goes to silence as the Agents enter Neo's cubicle, and he's not there, but hiding across the aisle.

As Neo looks out window, music is saying ""And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying?
There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime."

Great Gig in the sky starts as Neo steps out onto window ledge.

Music dies away as you pass thru the Video Screen to Neo in Interrigation room.

Money opening sound effects Start playing as they make Neo a Deal to "Sell Out"

Beat starts for Money as Agent puts on his Glasses. Lyrics say "Money, get away. Get a good job with good pay and you're okay.."

Sax solo continues as we go back to Neo wakeing in his room.

Music steps up in pace as Neo enters car with Trinity
"And who denies its what the fighting's all about."

Music goes quiet as Neo decides his path, then steps up as he closes car door and stays with Trinity.

Money trails off with "Away, Away, Away, Away" as Neo stands before door where he will meet Morpheus

Music abruptly changes as Others leave room, and it's just Neo and Morpheus.

As Morpheus starts telling Neo about Fate, "Us and Them" starts.

Us, and them
And after all we're only ordinary men.
Me, and you.
God only knows it's not what we would choose to do.
Forward he cried from the rear
and the front rank died.
And the general sat and the lines on the map
moved from side to side.
Me and you echoes as Morpheus explains the start of Matrix
"It's not what we would choose, to do"

Music builds as Morphues offers Neo the Blue and Red pill.

"And who knows which is which and who is who" as Neo takes the Red pill of Truth.

Us and Them builds as Neo is covered by the silver liquid, and then shows him in pod, Music says "With, Without" as Neo touches the connector in his neck.
Music then changes and drops away as Neo is flushed down the tube

Guitar Solo starts as we 1st see Neo in Nebacanezer.

Solo continues as we see neo's being brought up to use in "The Real World".

Music again changes to as Neo wakes, and unplugs. "The lunatic is on the grass. Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs. Got to keep the loonies on the path. " as Neo descovers the Real World of the Machines.

Neo reaches the Nebacanezer bridge, and the music builds."I'll see you on the Dark Side of the moon" as Neo re-enters the Construct program.

"You raise the blade, you make the change
You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane.
You lock the door
And throw away the key
There's someone in my head but it's not me."
as Morpheus shows Neo the Construct.

" HaHaHa!" Laughing as we see the world Neo thought it was as it existed in the Matrix

Music suddenly builds as Neo sees the real surface world

All that you touch
All that you see
All that you taste
All you feel.
All that you love
All that you hate
All you distrust
All you save.
All that you give
All that you deal
All that you buy,
beg, borrow or steal.
All you create
All you destroy
All that you do
All that you say.
All that you eat
And everyone you meet
All that you slight
And everyone you fight.
All that is now
All that is gone
All that's to come
and everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Trails off as the Dark Side of the Moon Trails off.

Whisper at end of music" "There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.""
Heart Beat trails off with Music as we return to the construct, Morpheus shows Neo the Battery.

The final explanation of the matrix by Morpheous is then given in silence as the album is over.

Man that was creepy.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2003 01:04 AM
ShiniGamiSan is currently offline Click here to Send ShiniGamiSan a Private Message Find more posts by ShiniGamiSan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rysdigital
the end has come

WOW cool that's scary indeed smile

Old Post Oct 19th, 2003 01:11 AM
rysdigital is currently offline Click here to Send rysdigital a Private Message Find more posts by rysdigital Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spydar1982
What Up G?

I don't think that is true. Dark Side of the Moon gets this all the time. It only works with Wizard of OZ (to which rumor had it they watched the movie while recording D.S.M.) It only works if you do it right. Matrix and DSM totally false. The WB's have too much to worry about as it is let alone edit it to the DSM.

http://members.cox.net/stegokitty/dsotr_pages/dsotr.htm

Old Post Oct 19th, 2003 01:24 AM
spydar1982 is currently offline Click here to Send spydar1982 a Private Message Find more posts by spydar1982 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

What do you mean and "Crash" when he looks at his computer????oh right... Pink Floyd being my favorit band....

Old Post Oct 19th, 2003 02:14 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

yea ive heard dsm compared to many movies.. wizard of oz is the only one ive known to actually be true

Old Post Oct 19th, 2003 02:22 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Not that it is even vaguely relevant but even if it wasn't all dark except for the sun shining upon it (which seems faintly obvious) there is no such thing as the Dark Side of the moon...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 19th, 2003 12:17 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

And we give a shit? One half is dark, the other, not. So we shorten it by saying Dark Side of the Moon.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2003 03:31 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

quote:
Originally posted by Crash_Overload
Pink Floyd being my favorit band....

Crash is a stonner! laughing

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2003 04:27 PM
-=Urot=- is currently offline Click here to Send -=Urot=- a Private Message Find more posts by -=Urot=- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real
I have more tech than you

ok, well u guys all refute it, but did any of u try it besides ShiniGamiSan?
if u didnt leave him alone, not till u try it. as for me, sounds very cool, n it pretty much works. ima try it for myself, then i can come back an yell.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2003 04:30 PM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joseph_Kerr

Hey Spydar.. he said he did it himself to prove it. So, be nice.

The Matrix is a huge multiplayer game. wink

Old Post Oct 19th, 2003 04:35 PM
Joseph_Kerr is currently offline Click here to Send Joseph_Kerr a Private Message Find more posts by Joseph_Kerr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spydar1982
What Up G?

I wasn't trying to be mean. I was just saying this works with a lot of movies. everytime a movie comes out someone tries this. gauaranteed. I was just saying its all wives tells, I believe even Wizard of Oz (which is the one even Pink Floyd members say "I don't know" while cracking a smile... "maybe") isn't totally dead on. But its the closest I have seen.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2003 05:32 PM
spydar1982 is currently offline Click here to Send spydar1982 a Private Message Find more posts by spydar1982 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShiniGamiSan

Put the CD on, lay back,and enjoy.

See how it matches up.

Creepy.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 05:26 AM
ShiniGamiSan is currently offline Click here to Send ShiniGamiSan a Private Message Find more posts by ShiniGamiSan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

In DSM, the part where the female vocalist is waling away after the crescendo, if you listen carefully you can hear a female whisper say, "if you hear this whisper you are dying."

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 06:51 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

quote:
Originally posted by -=Urot=-
Crash is a stonner! laughing

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 11:33 AM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

**** YOU UROT!!! I AM NOT A STONNER!!! I NEVER TOOK ANY DRUGS OR CIGARETTES AND I DON'T EVEN DRINK ALCOHOL!!!! I JUST LIKE THERE MUSIC!!!!! YOU KNOW WHY I AM SO PERSONAL ABOUT THIS? IT IS BECAUSE I ALMOST STABED SOMEONE WHEN THEY SAID THAT LAST YEAR AND THE FAKE ROUMOR SPREAD THROUGHJOUT THE 1000 + STUDENTS IN THE SCHOOL AND I WAS APPROCHED BY FIVE DEALERS!!! EVENTUALLY I WAS CALLED TO THE HEADMASTER'S OFFICE AND THE COP WAS THERE!!!!! SO **** OFF!!!! mad

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 20th, 2003 at 12:54 PM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 11:48 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Sifer
And we give a shit? One half is dark, the other, not. So we shorten it by saying Dark Side of the Moon.

Incorrect- there is no single Dark Side of the moon any more than there is a Dark Side of the Earth, there are just parts that are light and dark at different times. The only thing the Moon has, to Earth, is a FAR Side, not a Dark one. Just a public information announcement...

And I have had to edit that post, Crash- please tone down the language.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 12:52 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShiniGamiSan

There is a dark side, and the light side always faces the earth.

Get the Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon CD, and start that at the exact same time you hit play on your Matrix DVD.

Enjoy

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 03:43 AM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

actually...Ush is right

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 03:58 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Alpha
anomaly

yes...ush is right

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 05:55 AM
The Alpha is currently offline Find more posts by The Alpha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I certainly am. Did you not notice that your so-called Light Side isn't always Light, Shini? Bit of a clue that.

The idea of a Light and Dark side is an obscure error that too many people believe. The Moon spins like all moons and planets. When it spins different parts of it face the Sun. Simple enough.

Still, whilst I am here, trying to not waste time... do you think the astronomy in the Matrix is perfect? Would the machines bother? Complex exercise, you see.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 10:43 PM