KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

A standalone game featuring Chloe & Nadine

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 12:34 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Had a feeling Naughty Dog wasn't tired of making Uncharted games just yet. Chloe's the main character this time around so that's awesome. Can never get tired of Claudia Black.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 07:19 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Had a feeling Naughty Dog wasn't tired of making Uncharted games just yet. Chloe's the main character this time around so that's awesome. Can never get tired of Claudia Black.
Agreed. I missed her in 4.

I hope this one is better. I wasn't a fan of 4.

PWNT

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 07:50 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Agreed. I missed her in 4.

I hope this one is better. I wasn't a fan of 4.
You didn't like Uncharted 4? That's interesting I've never heard someone not like it yet

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:50 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I assume this is a download title? Not a full game?

If full game? Meh...rather have something new.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:50 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Smasandian
I assume this is a download title? Not a full game?

If full game? Meh...rather have something new.
It's a dlc

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:52 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Firefly218
You didn't like Uncharted 4? That's interesting I've never heard someone not like it yet
I've heard a few people say the same. I liked the story (despite a few predicable twists like Nathans brother betraying us) and the puzzles, but it tried too hard to be like Last of Us. It was really slow. No memorable set pieces, no supernatural element, not enough to consider interesting. It tried to be a character piece, but Nathan/Elena just aren't as interesting in as Joel and Ellie. The ending was cool, but most of the time leading up to it was boring and devolved into a bunch of platform locating/moving and random shooting. The stealth system was also not as well done as Last of Us.

Uncharted 2 is the pinnacle of the series so far. 4 just strayed too much from what made the game great.

PWNT

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 11:35 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Agreed. The combat has become stale and I felt the game was twice as long as it should have been.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 04:08 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Firefly218
It's a dlc

It's DLC but also a standalone title to download without needing to buy Uncharted 4 like the Left Behind expansion for Last of Us which I'm glad for.

It doesn't mean I hate Uncharted 4 but I'm not too keen on getting it atm as it doesn't make me feel quite as hyped for it as the previous games.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Dec 5th, 2016 at 06:33 AM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 06:25 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And also like that Far Cry Blood Dragon.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 06:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I've heard a few people say the same. I liked the story (despite a few predicable twists like Nathans brother betraying us) and the puzzles, but it tried too hard to be like Last of Us. It was really slow. No memorable set pieces, no supernatural element, not enough to consider interesting. It tried to be a character piece, but Nathan/Elena just aren't as interesting in as Joel and Ellie. The ending was cool, but most of the time leading up to it was boring and devolved into a bunch of platform locating/moving and random shooting. The stealth system was also not as well done as Last of Us.

Uncharted 2 is the pinnacle of the series so far. 4 just strayed too much from what made the game great.

I see Uncharted 4 as an extremely well made game. But I felt that way.

The game starts off slow, the set pieces were not even as good as Uncharted 3 and I just didn't care that much.

I also felt the game took elements from other games too much. While it was nice to have open areas that you can mark targets but I just felt like I was playing every other game that does the same thing.

But it did some awesome things and the most fun I had was driving around in the car. That was pretty cool. And some of the areas near the end was pretty damn traffic. Overall, great game but not nearly as memorable as the other three.

I'm a huge Naughty Dog fan and I hope after Last of Us 2...they do something new....maybe SCI FI!!

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 03:03 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I see Uncharted 4 as an extremely well made game. But I felt that way.

The game starts off slow, the set pieces were not even as good as Uncharted 3 and I just didn't care that much.

I also felt the game took elements from other games too much. While it was nice to have open areas that you can mark targets but I just felt like I was playing every other game that does the same thing.

But it did some awesome things and the most fun I had was driving around in the car. That was pretty cool. And some of the areas near the end was pretty damn traffic. Overall, great game but not nearly as memorable as the other three.

I'm a huge Naughty Dog fan and I hope after Last of Us 2...they do something new....maybe SCI FI!!
Yeah, agreed in every respect. They did do a lot right, though they did a lot wrong too.

And holy crap, a sci-fi game by these guys would be amazing. They are great at setting atmosphere, so I feel like they'd excel at something like that or horror

PWNT

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 10:01 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, they need to do something new after Last of Us 2. Another Uncharted (even without Drake) would be a mistake.

It doesn't help that Rise of the Tomb Raider was a superior game.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 05:30 AM
Arachnid1

Yeah, they need to do something new after Last of Us 2. Another Uncharted (even without Drake) would be a mistake.

It doesn't help that Rise of the Tomb Raider was a superior game.
Yeah, it was. Both the Tomb Raider reboot games were IMO. So damn well done, and the second took it to the next level

PWNT

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 09:14 AM
Arachnid1

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03...e51d1be4b000014

"Overall, The Lost Legacy will be more personal, "grounded story" according to Escayg, who spoke to Game Informer. Chloe is part Indian but has not been to the country in a while, so the game will reflect her personal past, particularly her relationship with her father, as well as her cultural heritage. As Escayg has previously stated, Hinduism will play a key role in the narrative, with Escayg explaining that Naughty Dog is "tying the culture and stories of the Hindu gods, even the story of the Hoysala Empire and the kings that ruled there," to Chloe's story."

I'm digging a more personal angle. That combined with the up close over the shoulder camera angle makes this one feel like it will be a dirtier experience. I've got to say though, Chloe and the fractured relationship with her father gives me pretty strong Tomb Raider vibes.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 08:55 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

The gameplay looked amazing

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 09:26 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Regarding the people thinking its like a DLC title

quote:
The dev has also reiterated that it's treating The Lost Legacy as a "true Uncharted game", with the sort of deep narrative and complex characters you'd expect from the series.

also if you pre-order it, You get a free digital copy of Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy for PS4 and a theme.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...For-August.html

Old Post Apr 12th, 2017 01:17 AM
Impediment
Endless

I love all the Uncharted games.

2, 4, 3, and 1 in best to least order, IMO.

Chloe has an amazing ass, too.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 12th, 2017 01:27 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The question we've been waiting to get answered.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/21/uncha...-there-6724214/

quote:
GC: Are there any supernatural elements?

JS: In this particular one we’re trying to keep things fairly grounded. The artefact they’re after, the Tusk of Ganesh, is a jewelled artefact that’s very valuable to the Hoysala Empire that created it.

GC: Are those real things?

JS: The tusk is imaginary, the Hoysala Empire is real. But we’re trying to keep things a little bit more grounded.

Naughty Dog...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 31st, 2017 07:45 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Nemesis X
The question we've been waiting to get answered.

Have i?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2017 07:50 AM