KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Metal sucks

Metal sucks
Started by: gotta get rich

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
gotta get rich
public enemy

Metal sucks

if people are gonna trash rap, im gonna trash metal. join me true believers!!!

Never can you stop my hostility, Never love my enemy, never get me out your memory, I am never beaten lyrically. Never fear, go head & murder me so my God will be right next to me...

Old Post Oct 28th, 2003 10:11 PM
gotta get rich is currently offline Click here to Send gotta get rich a Private Message Find more posts by gotta get rich Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

is there a specific reason why you think metal sucks? Or is it just because someone bashed you're choice of music, so thus you are trying to bash theirs without any concrete reason?

Last edited by BackFire on Oct 28th, 2003 at 10:21 PM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2003 10:16 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

backfire dude you took the words outta my mouth! and my darling brother here isnt such purist metal hater, because if you look at the top of his cd rack you'll see a limp bizkit and a rage against the machine cd.
phwaaaaa!!! another round to me bro!!!

Old Post Oct 28th, 2003 10:18 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

metal and rap are like yin and yang NEO and Smith opposites trying to balance each other...they are destined to always be in total competition and total cohabitation with eachother.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2003 11:56 PM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

look are u people stupid. everyone listens to different things. u like rock, then fine go **** urself. not like i care u listen to it. i listen to Underground Rap. you dont have to diss. its just music. and how does music suck? everyone has their own likes and dislikes. God has created many walking idiots on our planet.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Last edited by julibug on Oct 29th, 2003 at 01:46 AM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 01:11 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
julibug

Re: Metal sucks

This thread started out like this...
quote:
Originally posted by gotta get rich
if people are gonna trash rap, im gonna trash metal. join me true believers!!!

Then I quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
is there a specific reason why you think metal sucks? Or is it just because someone bashed you're choice of music, so thus you are trying to bash theirs without any concrete reason?

Exactly, BF.

Obviously this thread was started as a rebuttle to another thread. If you guys want to post the reasons you don't like metal, fine. If this is just going to be an outlet for sibling rivalry, it will be closed.

Last edited by julibug on Oct 29th, 2003 at 01:51 AM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 01:48 AM
julibug is currently offline Click here to Send julibug a Private Message Find more posts by julibug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

you guyz started the beef. and gotta get rich continued it. im not on either side. i think ur all idiots. music is music.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 02:00 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LindsIsSexyK
ALL GROWN UP NOW =)

I love Metal music, but I also listen to a few rap songs. Just because people don't like rap, doesn't mean you have to hate on them because they like metal.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 03:59 AM
LindsIsSexyK is currently offline Click here to Send LindsIsSexyK a Private Message Find more posts by LindsIsSexyK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

Personally, I think both rap and metal suck, with some exceptions like Metallica and Outkast. But like it was said earlier, music is music so who cares.....oh, and as for my reason, well metal is a little too fast for my taste and it you can't understand or even hear the singer then whats the point? And I dislike rap because I just don't find it all that interesting. I never really understood trying to be all hardcore and gangster and wearing a bunch of jewelry, doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose?

LONG LIVE BRIT POP!

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Last edited by JediOasis on Oct 29th, 2003 at 04:09 AM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 04:04 AM
JediOasis is currently offline Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LindsIsSexyK
ALL GROWN UP NOW =)

blink

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 04:05 AM
LindsIsSexyK is currently offline Click here to Send LindsIsSexyK a Private Message Find more posts by LindsIsSexyK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Pop = Bad

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 04:10 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LindsIsSexyK
ALL GROWN UP NOW =)

Well I can't second BF's statement because there is some pop music that happens to be my guilty pleaure, but British pop........................-shudders-

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 04:30 AM
julibug

Gee, I can usually manage to find something decent, or at the least tolerable, in just about every genre of music. But to say that music is music is just not right.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 04:35 AM
julibug is currently offline Click here to Send julibug a Private Message Find more posts by julibug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
backfire dude you took the words outta my mouth! and my darling brother here isnt such purist metal hater
take this brotherly argument and keep it between the 4 walls of your home

and h0ck3yh0rr0r dont call other members idiots

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 07:56 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Boy
Kevski

zzzzzzzzzz

www.myspace.com/throughsolace
Through Solace- The Stand out in March 08 on Holdfast Records

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 03:06 PM
Bad Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

we dont live together. our parents split up 4 years ago

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 03:39 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

sorry to hear about your parents, but that but we dont need the family "fued" between you two here

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 03:40 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gotta get rich
public enemy

ok ok i'll take back what i sed. i dont like metal very much but im not against people who do. except for you Sam.

but rap DOES rule, just to make sure you know.

Never can you stop my hostility, Never love my enemy, never get me out your memory, I am never beaten lyrically. Never fear, go head & murder me so my God will be right next to me...

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 03:44 PM
gotta get rich is currently offline Click here to Send gotta get rich a Private Message Find more posts by gotta get rich Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

quote:
Originally posted by LindsIsTightK
Well I can't second BF's statement because there is some pop music that happens to be my guilty pleaure, but British pop........................-shudders-

When JO says "Brit Pop" he's referring to a media invented title for bands such as The Verve, Oasis, Blur etc and not actual "pop" as you are thinking. Brit Pop was (and still is) much cooler than "pop". big grin

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 03:45 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

quote:
Originally posted by LindsIsTightK

Whats so bad about bands like Oasis, The Verve, Travis, Pulp, and old school Radiohead(before they went nuts)? These bands are what rock 'n' roll is all about. Playing your guitar really fast doesn't make you a great guitarist and yelling into a mic doesn't make you much of a singer.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 03:46 PM
JediOasis is currently offline Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote