KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Video games and the future

Video games and the future
Started by: ITALIAN926

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ITALIAN926

Video games and the future

Im in an analyzing / philsophical kinda mood. Im sure a lot of you have thought about this, this is by far no new revelation.

When I think back just back just 20 years ago, I remember being a kid playing pong on Atari2600. Its absolutely amazing how far video games have advanced in such a short time. The sports games especially are starting to look like real life. Im sure 20 years from now, this same technology will at least evolve into the most amazing virtual reality entertainment.

If humanity doesnt force its own exctinction, theres not a doubt in my mind that one day, theres going to be a plug-in alternate to death, similiar to the matrix world concept. This may take a thousand years to perfect, but one day, I believe people will have a choice to simply die naturally, or go to a man-made digital heaven of some sort. I dont think its far fetched at all to think that one day we'll have the scientific ability be able to plug-in/connect our brains to some kind of digital system.

Whats actually crazy to think about is what if this already happened?. What if this is a real life virtual realty world we're in today?? What if we chose to temporarily wipe out our memories? I can imagine this being a real -life Matrix minus all the science fiction machine stuff of course. You can simply call this situation reincarnation. Theres no way we'd know the difference if that was the case. What if within this realm of virtual reality- life, humanity developed a virtual reality system? Talk about a MWAM.

Anyway, Im done. If anyone actually read this, thanx for making it all the way through smile

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 03:27 AM
ITALIAN926 is currently offline Click here to Send ITALIAN926 a Private Message Find more posts by ITALIAN926 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

Wow... that's the first time I've read a thread more than 10 words long... blink

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 03:30 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

...wow...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 03:49 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

Haha...

I think Jedi no like me no more big grin

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 03:52 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

whew! i actually broke a sweat!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 03:52 AM
HyperDream is currently offline Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ITALIAN926

Thanx for your input guys hahaha , I guess its been discuused before, sorry !

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 03:54 AM
ITALIAN926 is currently offline Click here to Send ITALIAN926 a Private Message Find more posts by ITALIAN926 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

it hasn't been discussed before, to my knowledge at this moment, but its just that that was more...directional towards our life than i wanted to think about...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 04:02 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

if i knew i were in a matrix type world, i pobly wouldnt tryas hard in life!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 04:04 AM
HyperDream is currently offline Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ITALIAN926

Well, now you know, so relax ! big grin

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 04:06 AM
Syense

In the words of Keanu... "woah"

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 04:51 PM
Syense is currently offline Click here to Send Syense a Private Message Find more posts by Syense Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote