KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » The Matrix.... Birth-life-death

The Matrix.... Birth-life-death
Started by: redhotchilis2k

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
redhotchilis2k
MR ANDERSON

Warning The Matrix.... Birth-life-death

big grin I was reading a magazine a few months ago about the matrix trilogy, and there was a long (pretty boring) interview with the Wasowski Brothers. They said that the first film is supposed to be about birth, the second film about life and the third and final film in the triloy about DEATH!

This made me think. When you think of birth you instantly form a picture in your mind of baby lambs or baby humans or somthing along those basic lines, but maybe the writers of The Matrix meant it to have a far deeper meaning than that.

1) What could birth be reffering to? (possibly the freeing of the people from inside the matrix or the birth of THE ONE (neo))

2) What could life be reffering to? (the life of ZION? or the life of THE ONE?)

3) What could death be reffering to? (the death of human beings? the death of the matrix or the death of the one?)

SOMEONE GIVE ME AN OPINION... PLEASE!!! big grin Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post May 27th, 2003 10:08 AM
redhotchilis2k is currently offline Click here to Send redhotchilis2k a Private Message Find more posts by redhotchilis2k Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, it is entirely possible Neo isn't going to make the distance.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 27th, 2003 10:10 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redhotchilis2k
MR ANDERSON

TRUE TRUE, it is probable that he won't make the distance and if he didn't then the mtrix would be a better more daring film for it. But maybe the birth life death thing is about more than one person orr object or emotion? maybe it is a generalisation. I DUNNO messed
MORE INPUT??? big grinbig grin:dane:Happy Dance

Old Post May 27th, 2003 10:15 AM
redhotchilis2k is currently offline Click here to Send redhotchilis2k a Private Message Find more posts by redhotchilis2k Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redhotchilis2k
MR ANDERSON

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK??? SOMEONE MUST HAVE A BETTER IDEA (NOT JUST ABOUT THE BIRTH LIFE DEATH THING BUT ABOUT THE WHOLE STORYLINE OF THE MATRIX?!?!)

SOMEONE POST SOMETHING big grinbig grinbig grinANCE:big grinANCE:

Old Post May 27th, 2003 10:46 AM
The Rat

The 'birth' bit is clear. In the first film Neo is firstly 'born' into the real world and dies and is born again at the end of the film.

I think that the 'life' bit is shown in the second one with the rave bit at the beginning, as well as the fact that the film is about choice - something you do many times during your life. There are no doubt other examples but I can't hink of them a the moment.

In my opinion the next one will be about death because Neo will fail - If he is just a glitch in a program then there is nothing to stop the Architect just wiping the Matrix and doing something else. I'm pessimisic about the result of the next film.

This is all speculation of course.

Old Post May 27th, 2003 12:09 PM
The Rat is currently offline Click here to Send The Rat a Private Message Find more posts by The Rat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redhotchilis2k
MR ANDERSON

I agree with you about the birth and the death aspect but am totally against what you have said about the life being the rave. I believe the rave was the most pointless part of either of the two matrix films! There must be a better explanation of the LIFE part. Possibly it is because the second film shows life on ZION?

So THE RAT wot do you think of that? I dunno, these are all just calculated guesses... big grinbig grinHappy DanceHappy Dance

Old Post May 27th, 2003 12:13 PM
The Rat

I agree actually. it was just the first thing I came up with - I need to see the film again.

Old Post May 27th, 2003 12:28 PM
The Rat is currently offline Click here to Send The Rat a Private Message Find more posts by The Rat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redhotchilis2k
MR ANDERSON

Yeh, i think we all need to see the film again. I think maybe (beacause there are only two people posting in this room) that we don't have enough scope, NEW IDEAS ANY1??????????

OH WELL, HOPEFULLY SOME GENIUS CAN COME UP WITH SOMETHING BETTER... big grinbig grinHappy DanceHappy Dance

Old Post May 27th, 2003 12:31 PM
TheIvan
pro

Death probably means that Neo is going to loose power on the end. Something like Highlander, he will become just normal man

Old Post May 27th, 2003 12:48 PM
TheIvan is currently offline Click here to Send TheIvan a Private Message Find more posts by TheIvan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redhotchilis2k
MR ANDERSON

Hopefully he will become a normal man, all this supperman stuff is beggining to make him super un-cool. He has no suspense about him becasue he can now do anything! big grinbig grinHappy DanceHappy Dance

Old Post May 27th, 2003 12:51 PM
Vico

How deep in to this to you want to go? Given that Neo has "died" several times - we know that life is not about "life" of a single idea, peson or entity - it mustt be about culture or species or ...

Old Post May 27th, 2003 01:06 PM
Vico is currently offline Click here to Send Vico a Private Message Find more posts by Vico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redhotchilis2k
MR ANDERSON

neo has only dies ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! big grinbig grinHappy DanceHappy Dance

Old Post May 27th, 2003 01:10 PM
ProveAll

Birth-Life-Death

Hello all,

I have not committed myself to just how everything is going to turn out in the Matrix series, but I do have some thoughts on the idea of birth, life and death.

It should be noted that the word "Matrix" has its origin from at least the 16th century from the Latin. It derives from "mater"-mother. The primary meaning was the "womb". Generally it had to do with where something "originates, develops, takes shape, or is contained" (Funk and Wagnalls Standard Encyclopedic Dictionary, 1974). So it can be seen that when Neo is set free, he is begotten from the matrix (the womb).

In Reloaded it appears the Architect reveals 3 matrices, the two which were failures and the one in which Neo now operates, where he is said to be the 6th version. According to the Architect Neo's purpose is to "return to the source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code [he] carr[ies], reinserting the prime program."

continued . . .

Old Post May 27th, 2003 02:31 PM
ProveAll is currently offline Click here to Send ProveAll a Private Message Find more posts by ProveAll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ProveAll

Someone did mention elsewhere that life is about the choices we make. At the juncture where Neo is talking with the Architect, he apparently has life and death in his hands with the choice of which door to take Someone did mention elsewhere that life is about the choices we make. At the juncture where Neo is talking with the Architect, he apparently has life and death in his hands with the choice of which door to take. Now if what the Architect was saying was true (IF) then it appears that Neo deviated from what the previous 5 chose. The Architect said that if Neo chose the door on his left, the one he in fact moved toward, then it would lead him "back to the matrix, to [Trinity], and to the end of your species."

continued . . .

Old Post May 27th, 2003 02:34 PM
ProveAll is currently offline Click here to Send ProveAll a Private Message Find more posts by ProveAll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ProveAll

It appears that what Neo does with his life/choice will affect the life of Trinity and the human family. Trinity does in fact appear to die, as the Architect said she would, "she is going to die, and there is nothing that you can do to stop it." The interesting thing is that Neo brings her back to life. The action of Neo may or may not be looked upon as selfish, but realize that IF what the Architect said was true, then making the choice he did showed that he believed that he could affect what happened to Trinity and ultimately to all of mankind hooked to the matrix. Think of it this way, if Neo could "resurrect" Trinity, then what about Zion??

continued . . .

Old Post May 27th, 2003 02:35 PM
ProveAll

POSSIBLE SPOILER FOR REVOLUTIONS

I read somewhere that by the end of Revolutions that Smith will not be the only one who can replicate himself. So with this in mind, what about the possibility (pure speculation) that Neo has more to do with saving those in Zion and those plugged into the Matrix then we realize.

Now what about the idea of death in Revolutions. Well, what is death? What does "decease" mean? It means to "go away" (from Old French and Latin). Death is often pictured as an exodus, separation or departure from something. It reminds me of the scripture in Genesis 35:18 which says, "And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin. "

continued . . .

Old Post May 27th, 2003 02:36 PM
ProveAll

Perhaps the death has to do with Neo, maybe not. Maybe it has to do with the separation/departure of Neo, Zion, mankind or all the above from one or more Matrices (remember there appear to be three and it has not been said that they were destroyed.)

These are just some of my thoughts. Any feedback would be welcomed.

David Race (ProveAll)

(937)832-3971
[email protected]

proveallthings.8m.com

Old Post May 27th, 2003 02:38 PM
redhotchilis2k
MR ANDERSON

heck dude, you really are wired up to this kinda stuff aren't you. I found that little essay of yours very enjoyable but remain open minded about the possiblilities. Oh well, i will read through your essay again to see what else i can make of it! big grinbig grinHappy DanceHappy Dance

Old Post May 27th, 2003 03:27 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Could you not make multiple posts in a row in future, please? Just do them all in one.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 27th, 2003 07:39 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ProveAll

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Could you not make multiple posts in a row in future, please? Just do them all in one.

I would but the message length exceeded 1000 characters, unless there is a way to do this.

Thanks,

David Race(ProveAll)

Old Post May 27th, 2003 09:30 PM