KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Foundations: Worst sci fi ever made?

Foundations: Worst sci fi ever made?
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Foundations: Worst sci fi ever made?

Or worst fiction ever written, period?

Isaac Asimov is such a hack.

https://www.projectveritas.com/

Old Post Dec 13th, 2019 04:10 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I read prelude to foundation in the first foundation book, both when I was around 12. What don't you like about the franchise

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 24th, 2019 01:29 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Retard

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 26th, 2019 10:46 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I was never an Asimov fan. He had some cool ideas, but I found his writing somewhat lackluster.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2020 07:40 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xXI_wing_IXx
Junior

Sharknado is always in my mind for some reason.. It's however the best comedy ever xd

Old Post Apr 30th, 2020 04:23 AM
xXI_wing_IXx is currently offline Click here to Send xXI_wing_IXx a Private Message Find more posts by xXI_wing_IXx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindship
I was never an Asimov fan. He had some cool ideas, but I found his writing somewhat lackluster.

Same.
I never saw the big deal. There was a lot less pretentious, lit more fun stuff out there at the time I was exposed to him.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2020 06:40 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Of course, this is actually one of the best sci fi series ever.

Going into it, I thought it would be dated. It isn't. If anything, it was ahead of its time, many elements feel contemporary.

It beats Star Wars "classics" like the Yuzong Vong invasion by a mile imo (Not to say that wasn't good, but it can't compare to Foundations)

Old Post Aug 4th, 2021 10:02 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I have to amend that.

The first book is great. Foundation and Empire is good up until the last half.

The Mule ruins everything.

The political intrigue and empire building was grand, the personalities and trailblazers interesting, and I liked the nods to history.

Super powers are out of place in this universe. It goes from a good Game of Thrones, to an Emperor Palpatine vs the Jedi Council. Not interesting in the least.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2021 07:25 PM
theronmad
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you look at the seralo plane, then I think these are some TV series of the 90s, for example, "Babylon 5", or "At the edge of the universe"

Old Post Sep 28th, 2021 04:55 PM
theronmad is currently offline Click here to Send theronmad a Private Message Find more posts by theronmad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote