KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Who does the Prophecy Apply to, Luke or Anakin?

Who does the Prophecy Apply to, Luke or Anakin?
Started by: vvvrulz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Who does the Prophecy Apply to, Luke or Anakin?

Was it Luke or Anakin?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 04:51 AM
Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

anakin, luke just needed to remind him of his purpose. palpatine's force lightning was powerful enough to make vader's bones glow, only the chosen one could survive an onslaught like that

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 06:54 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yup, GL confirms Anakin.

Anakin could not have done it without Luke, though. This in no way reduces Luke's importance. But the one the Prophecy refers to is Anakin.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 01:32 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Anakin, as everyone already said ... I'm slow today

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 06:36 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Complicated
but not really...

Yup - Anakin. He brought balance to the force not by balancing anything, but by elminating half of that which he was supposed to be balancing. Hrm... confused

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle

Never eat more than you can lift. - Miss Piggy

You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Mohandas Ghandi

Of what is great one must either be silent or speak with greatness. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 11:43 PM
Click here to Send Complicated a Private Message Find more posts by Complicated Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rascal

Anakin I think

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 12:34 AM
Click here to Send Rascal a Private Message Find more posts by Rascal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Yeah that probably confirms it. In the end it was Vadar that took down the emperor.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 01:28 AM
Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Anakin. He did after all kill the emperor, which restored balance to the force. The prophecy never told how it would be done, just that it would happen.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 03:02 AM
Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Complicated
Yup - Anakin. He brought balance to the force not by balancing anything, but by elminating half of that which he was supposed to be balancing. Hrm... confused

Sorry, but the simple canon truth is that Balance could only be restored by eliminating the Sith- there was no other way. This Anakin did.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 12:46 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

and by eliminating the emperor he also got rid of all the siths, the elimination of the emp killed Vader too. Thus no more siths thus balance of the force

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 02:17 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

I dont know, I use to think it would turn up to be luke but if you all say that its anakin and Lucas confirmed it, then it must be it.

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 06:05 PM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

GL did indeed.

"The Phantom Menace refers to the force of the dark side of the Universe. Anakin will be taken over by dark forces which in turn destroy the balance of the Galaxy, but the individual who kills Emperor is Darth Vader - also Anakin.

The tale meanders and both the prediction, and Qui-Gon are correct - Anakin is the chosen one, and he did bring peace at last with his own sacrfice. Luke couldn't kill the Emperor himself, but he could make Anakin reflect on his life and kill the Emperor. "

BtVS

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 06:21 PM
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

the reason killing the sith brings balance (because i was confused about this as well) is because the Jedi live their lives in tune with the force, with its natural flow and balance. The Sith on the other hand, only use the force for control and to gain power, which is not accepting the natural flow of life, but in fact impeading it. Thus the Sith throw off the natural balance of the Force and life by the way in which they use the force. This idea was briefly touched on in the Episode 2 DVD commentary, that's where he said the jedi live with life while the sith try to run it.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 07:20 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

an interesting spoiler from TFN
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: You heard the spoiler that Yoda discovers that if you kill the master the apprentice will fall, right? It isn't that whenever you kill a master the apprentice dies no matter what. Rather what Yoda learns on Kashykk, apparently, is that the prophecy states that the Dark Lord of the Sith will be defeated by the Chosen One, and when he is defeated his apprentice too shall fall.
Of course this is exactly what happens. Vader kills Sidious, but in so doing is also killed, thus bringing balance to the force

Last edited by finti on Nov 18th, 2003 at 09:46 PM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 09:40 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

ok, this is my own theory so bare with me. The books and lucas have all referred to the dark side of the force as a perversion. In other words, when jedi use the force they act in tandem to its will, they listen to it and command at the same time, as obi-wan stated in ANH. dark side users attempt to control the force by agrressively channeling it. this is easier than acting in tandem because it requires less control and concentration but at the same time this has adverse effects on their mental state, making them selfish and greedy, and also takes a toll on their physical bodies as seen with sidious. If you think of the force as a tight bedsheet you see that it flows smoothly. forcing it against its will creates humps and fluctuations or "disturbances". enough of these are created naturally by calamities and by dark jedi (or pathetic sith wannabees). The sith however are so powerful in their knowledge of the dark side that their very existance throws the force out of balance creating huge rifts. The force was full of these throught their existance and when a powerful sith named sidious began to use the dark side he managed to create a large hump or blind spot over the jedi. By destroying the sith, anakin destroyed these rifts and brought the force back into balance.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 02:36 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

pretty good metaphoric there DJ,. bed sheets laughing out loud
Good thinking though

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 06:44 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

it applied to annie...when he fell to the dark side, it fell upon luke to HELP him fulfill the prophecy, which luke did.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 07:14 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godfather
Godfather

This is what I think –
Anakin (Vader) is the ONE, he brings balance to the force, I believe not only did he bring balance to the force be killing all the sith including himself, but also balance to the force was brought by him killing all the Jedi, leaving only one remaining Jedi, in essence starting from the start with only one Jedi/sith left. Thus life(force) is starting over again balance as been restored.

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 01:31 PM
Click here to Send godfather a Private Message Find more posts by godfather Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

GL explained it himselsf,
the end with only one jedi left was just ... fate

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 01:34 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Indeed, killing Jedi has nothing to do with bringing Balance.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 02:01 PM