KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » what do you think of the new metallica album?

what do you think of the new metallica album?
Started by: BadKitty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BadKitty
cockeyed

Question what do you think of the new metallica album?

I heard lots of good things about the new metallica album,even heard it's alot like their old stuff even master of pupets calliber.so I borrowed it from a friend.I didnt think to much of it but it is really starting to grow on me. have any of you metallica fans heard it? what did you think?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 04:39 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

the song i heard sounds pretty mediocre.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 07:28 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

I like it! It's a little heavier than the last couple of offering by them rock

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 01:07 PM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Inevitable
Cold Inferno

devil I am very pleased with their newest Album devil

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 03:28 PM
The_Inevitable is currently offline Click here to Send The_Inevitable a Private Message Find more posts by The_Inevitable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

its the best one sine the black album

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 04:23 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I havn't listened to it. I'll never buy another Metallica album again, after they pissed and moaned about Napster.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 05:06 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

ouch, how could I forget the napster thing. they were pretty vocal huh?

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 05:53 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

Now I dont want to pre-judge their new album, but IMO Metallica fell off after the black album. Metallica is just a shell of a band, since jason left. It seems james and lars, have forgotten their roots. The only member I can say that is still true to the music is kirt.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 09:35 PM
-=Urot=- is currently offline Click here to Send -=Urot=- a Private Message Find more posts by -=Urot=- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

fair point!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2003 02:20 AM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

well they found their roots again on the new album

Old Post Jul 17th, 2003 02:55 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

I may have to check them out....

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2003 07:11 PM
-=Urot=- is currently offline Click here to Send -=Urot=- a Private Message Find more posts by -=Urot=- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

i give it ***** big grin

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 01:28 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

ay it was just ulrich bitchin about napster hetfeild said he could care less, as far as there new album being a fan since load i was greatly greatly dissapointed and pretty much lost all faith in them, they offer nothing new, creative or original which mettalica has been known for. Many fans said they sold out with reloaded if it is at all possible for mettalica to sell out it was ST. Anger, reloaded was just an attempt to change with the times, i mean there basic statment of rocking till death was still apparent and there music was a little stifled from previous records it was nice tosee that metallica was attempting to stay on top be around for a while but ST. Anger is just repetitive crap i do like the new addition to the band hes pretty good not near kirk but still good someone needs to murder ulrich im sick of seeing him trying to market every damn thing that has the metallica name its just sickening to see, although this is just my opinion it just so happens i have taste

Old Post Aug 7th, 2003 01:09 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightningrod
gay o' time

it sucked

Old Post Aug 7th, 2003 01:40 AM
Lightningrod is currently offline Click here to Send Lightningrod a Private Message Find more posts by Lightningrod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

I was torn I kinda liked it, but not enough....

Old Post Aug 7th, 2003 03:17 AM
Maximus_E. is currently offline Click here to Send Maximus_E. a Private Message Find more posts by Maximus_E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
loly
Cora's psychiatrist

I havent heard their nu alb but i like the black alb

made by the weird and wonderful crazy_csmile

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 06:04 PM
loly is currently offline Click here to Send loly a Private Message Find more posts by loly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

master was probabaly thier best but my fav is and justice because it has to live is to die my favorite metallica song

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 01:41 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diegocala
Replicant

It's alright, but I don't like the way it was recorded, sounds like a bunch of noise.

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 07:06 PM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

Their worst album ever!!!!!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 10:14 AM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JRatT12

I just got there new album before I went on a long road trip so I lessoned to it a lot And I thought it was pretty good…Damn good actually most of the songs are very good.

But I am kind of a newer Metallica fan. I have been lessoning to them for about 3 years now. I have lots of there songs burned on CD’s and I own the new album and The black Album. I am thinking about going and picking up some of there older CD’s but I need to no if they are good (im think Master of Puppets or Ride the Lightning)

What do you guys think? Should I get some of there other stuff or should I just stick with the few burned songs I got now?

Ohh and what is your guys favorit song? Mine are Master of Puppets and Seek and Destroy

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 04:45 AM
JRatT12 is currently offline Click here to Send JRatT12 a Private Message Find more posts by JRatT12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote