KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » John Woo's James Bond

John Woo's James Bond
Started by: scifigunslinger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
scifigunslinger

John Woo's James Bond

Wouldn't it be cool if John Woo directed a 007 flick?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 11:30 PM
scifigunslinger is currently offline Click here to Send scifigunslinger a Private Message Find more posts by scifigunslinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Actually, it'd lick balls. John Woo's a good director, mind you, but he tends to overdo the two handed gun slinging and flying crows and crap. Actually, he tried not to do those things on Windtalkers, and it licked balls. Good story, but the score was lousy.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 07:55 AM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

They're not crows they're doves.
I like John Woo but he riuned M:I 2! Well the 1st sucked too messed
Bond is about gadgets and brains not fights. And Woo likes fights.

Last edited by Kes on Aug 13th, 2003 at 10:09 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 11:50 AM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laura4Owen

i think john woo wouldnt make the new bond film any better than the other people who made it.
And kes M:1 and 2 were great

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 12:54 PM
Laura4Owen is currently offline Click here to Send Laura4Owen a Private Message Find more posts by Laura4Owen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

They were totally different from the tv series. In the 1st they kill the entire cast in the 1st 10m and the 2nd they turn Ethan Hunt or whatever is name is into a marcial arts expert. M:I is about brains!
Plus the scrip sucked: "JUST STAY ALIVE!!!" Wtf?!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 01:03 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

quote:
Originally posted by Kes
I like John Woo but he riun M:I 2! Well the 1st sucked too messed
Bond is about gadgets and brains not fights. And Woo likes fights.

Bond can kick a little bit of ass as well cool

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 04:17 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Well not like Tom Cruise does in M:I 2!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 04:21 PM
KidRock

lol when your right your right Kes CHEERS! (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 05:48 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

big grin I just really like the tv show and the movies didn't follow that. So I was disapointed.
But this is about JW directing JB...good or bad smile I already said what I think stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 05:53 PM
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Can you imagine Bond fighting martial arts against bad guys? And firing at bad-guys with two pistols. With "doves" flying around? In my opinion, he'd just might as well make an Mission Impossible 3. Oh, and for the record, both previous MI movies sucked ass. Ta, chaps. smile

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 06:31 AM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

No cuz he screwed up MI2 lol... dont wanna see james bond sliding on his two heels next to a motorcycle :-/

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 09:31 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lukeyduckey
Soon u be slagging ME off

Nah James Bond i more brains, well maybe more brawn too.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 11:04 AM
lukeyduckey is currently offline Click here to Send lukeyduckey a Private Message Find more posts by lukeyduckey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VenomVA

quote:
Originally posted by Kes
I like John Woo but he riun M:I 2! Well the 1st sucked too messed

I hate to disagree but the first Mission Impossible was Ok or good....but M:I 2 Kicked arse!!! Woo made it 50x better than the first big grin

What is Mr. Woo doing now days anyway, I sure would like to see a new movie from him. Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 09:10 PM
VenomVA is currently offline Click here to Send VenomVA a Private Message Find more posts by VenomVA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by VenomVA
I hate to disagree but the first Mission Impossible was Ok or good....but M:I 2 Kicked arse!!! Woo made it 50x better than the first big grin

What is Mr. Woo doing now days anyway, I sure would like to see a new movie from him. Happy Dance Happy Dance

Thats ok. You have your opinion I have mine wink

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 10:08 PM
spydar1982
What Up G?

this would suck major effin ass... I think they should get the guy who made Signs and Sixth Sense.. although it wont be deep he will bring a better story to the bond series.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 07:09 AM
spydar1982 is currently offline Click here to Send spydar1982 a Private Message Find more posts by spydar1982 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Thank god. When I read this thread title I almost fainted. I'm so glad this is all just make believe.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 07:59 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
movie_freak

I don't think JW will make a good Bond film since he ****ed up on MI:2 but he did a good job in Face/Off

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 08:49 AM
movie_freak is currently offline Click here to Send movie_freak a Private Message Find more posts by movie_freak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yeah, he can do a good one or a bad one messed

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 03:56 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

John Woo is an excellent director (Face/Off is pure brilliance) but when it comes to carrying on a legacy such as the James Bond franchise i think it may prove to be an unsuccesful partnership, a prime example of this is when John Woo took over the reigns for Mission Impossible 2 (MI:2),i really enjoyed the first Mission Impossible film - which i personally felt followed the same concept as a typical 'Bond' movie more 'brains then brawn' however MI:2 completly threw this concept out the window and despite a thinly disguised plot the film lacked the spirit and tradtional qualities of the first film,this could be the case if Woo was to ever do a Bond film.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 01:36 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
happy kine
mirth maker

quote:
Originally posted by Kes
They were totally different from the tv series. In the 1st they kill the entire cast in the 1st 10m and the 2nd they turn Ethan Hunt or whatever is name is into a marcial arts expert. M:I is about brains!
Plus the scrip sucked: "JUST STAY ALIVE!!!" Wtf?!

MI 2 was the worst movie i ever saw... complete cheese! i saw windtalkers... great story concept destroyed... i will never watch a film by this john woo guy again. he is has been banned form my tele. face off sucked also... but thats because i don't like travolta or cage... (althouth ever since seeing adaptation i'm slowly becaming a fan of cage)

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 03:29 PM
happy kine is currently offline Click here to Send happy kine a Private Message Find more posts by happy kine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote