KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » favourite couple?

favourite couple?
Started by: Princess_Leia

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Princess_Leia

favourite couple?

Anakin and Padme?Han and Leia? or if there's 2 characters u wish were a couple u can say that 2.

My favourite couple is me and Obi Wan! I think we'd be great together!

Leia and Han are my favourite. I just think they had such great chemistry together and they were so much fun to watch. They were just cool.

Personally I hated Anakin/Padme. They had no chemistry whatsoever. I just didn't get why Padme married him, she acted like she wasn't interested the whole time and not in a playing hard to get or we can't cause it's wrong kinda way, but just like she plain wasn't interested and then 'i truly deeply love u'? what the hell?! U cud tell Anakin had a big thing for her but he came across as a creepy stalker with chessy chat up lines. 'Ur not like sand Padme', 'UR NOT LIKE SAND?!' (or whatever the proper line was)what kind of woman falls for that line?I just didn't get why they got together at all and just thought it was so bad. Compared to the Aragorn/Arwen romance say, there was only like 5 minutes of it in each 3 hour film but it was really effective and very romantic but A/P was like shoved in ur face to a degree that they seemed desperate to prove that it made sense and they were really 'in love'. I know the writing was crappy but if the actors had any chemistry it wud have been at least a tiny bit believeable. And I really can't respect any woman who knowing Obi Wan Kenobi's around marries Anakin! I mean come on!

So who's ur favourite couple and y?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 09:14 PM
Click here to Send Princess_Leia a Private Message Find more posts by Princess_Leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

han and leia, your worshipness. p.s, its really cool to meet a female star wars fan.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 09:00 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

I like both of the couples...Han and Leia's sarcasm and their little jokes are really believable and quite amusing, the chemistry is amazing.
Padme and Anakin, although they don't share that "mucking around" thing still have chemistry. A lot of people think that EP2 was sappy and yes the lines the 2 of them had to read were very corny but the chemistry is still there!!
With Han/Leia, GL showed their romance developing over the 3 films.
With Anakin/Padme, their romance blossoms quickly because it has to...also because Ani/Padme's environment goes from "lovey-dovey" and fun to Ani's mum dying and the 2 of them in danger of being killed.
Han/Leia's relationship was more amusing to watch but GL couldn't have the same sort of thing going on with Anakin/Padme 'coz we'd already seen it...i think they're both very good couples.
Soz rambled a bit there...hope you got the gist of what i was trying to say.

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 10:49 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Princess_Leia

Yeh I understand what u mean but for me, I actually didn't really feel the chemistry. I know they had corny lines so it wasn't all their fault, but for me I thought Natalie seemed quite bored during it, I cud see Anakin had a thing for her so he did ok but she just didn't seem interested, not even in a 'well this isn't rite we can't do this' sorta way but just as if she genuinely didn't really seem interested in him the same way he was into her. I didn't understand at the end why she married him, I thought it was weird. The idea for the love story is fine but i didn't think it was done very well and i just didn't see that spark between them, it seemed awkward, and not in a sweet way but just really awkward u no. I just felt compared to Han/Leia it was awful. I'm not saying it had to be the same, just something believeable and I didn't believe it and I think it was due to the lack of chemistry and obviously the lines. It was shoved in ur face, as if trying desperately to make it seem rite cause I always think of the way the Aragorn/Arwen romance was done, 5 minutes outta 2 3 hour films but it was so powerful and the scenes were very romantic without being sappy and over the top and the chemistry was just amazing. I know the character's are older and in different situations but I honestly think that it could have been done way better and if NP and HC had even a little chemistry it wud have seemed semi-believeable. It looked nice, if u know what I mean, beautiful scenery, good looking people (well HC is ok) but for me personally it just didn't seem right. I guess if maybe more of Padme's feelings had been seen maybe it would have been easier to understand but when i'd just seen the movie my first thought was 'y did she marry him?' and with a love story i don't think u should come away thinking that and I know I'm not the only 1 who did. Well that's just me. Sorry for rambling on but i always end up talking for ages when it comes to this subject for sum reason

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 06:07 PM
Click here to Send Princess_Leia a Private Message Find more posts by Princess_Leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

rd d2 and C 3po

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 06:46 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

bossk and boba fett.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 07:04 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Princess_Leia

oh course, best couple ever! can u imagine the children though? wacko

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 06:27 PM
Princess_Leia

You know, I always thought it would be cool if Sabe had of been a bigger character and been in ep2 and her and Obi got together. You can just imagine Anakin and Obi getting confused as to which girl was Padme and which was Sabe laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 06:39 PM
KidRock

chewbacca and erm... mrs chewbacca!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 07:06 PM
Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

the two gammorean guards luke confronts in jabbas palace. didnt you know they were gay? laughing out loud laughing out loud no offense, anyone.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 05:46 AM
Hypernova

Princess_Leia laughing out loud

I was going to say... but they are Jedi's, surely they can tell the difference?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 11:21 AM
Click here to Send Hypernova a Private Message Find more posts by Hypernova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Princess_Leia

maybe they could all just have a foursome! though they'd have to up the rating of the movie devil! I have such a dirty mind........

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 06:57 PM
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

That you do Leia...laughing stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 09:37 PM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

Ep2 is rated PG right?? Like ALL of the SW films.
I saw in a catalogue somewhere for Father's Day this thing for Ep2 on DVD and it was rated M15+ and had a different cover.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 09:38 PM
yerssot

no, it's rated PG; well, at least in America it is, it may very from country to country

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 10:16 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

Yeah but I have the VHS and it's rated PG. It was advertised for here, Australia. SW has always been rated PG here.
And the cover was totally different. Padme wasn't even on it mad
It was Yoda [full figure] then the angry face of Anakin and a head shot of Obi-Wan with some small bits of like ships and clones wars stuff.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2003 11:09 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

admiral ackbar and mon mothma....

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 07:03 PM
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

laughing

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 09:44 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

general veers and his men.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 05:54 AM
yerssot

haven't heard about that one lyn

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 10:34 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote