KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME- TRAINING MISSION- Capture the Flag

USH'S MATRIX GAME- TRAINING MISSION- Capture the Flag
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (36): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S MATRIX GAME- TRAINING MISSION- Capture the Flag

Welcome to the Zion combat condition simulator. Where the Dojo allows you to purely test your skill, this neural-active simulation gives our soldiers the chance to practice a far broader range of things necessary for survival in the Matrix. The Combat Condition Simulator may be used by appointment only. It is the perogative of the Captains to best direct its use.

Ok, folks, listen up, Dallas has a simple combat exercise for you guys. Mission is- Capture the Flag!

-----

BRIEFING: There twill be two teams, A and B. As it stands, A is led by Coeus and B by Fire. That may change according to availability. Who goes on which team is up to who wants to go where and who the leaders want. There must be the same amount on each team- Grim will join a team if we have odd numbers.

You will be placed in an enclosed city environment at night with no exits. You start in small alcoves in the walls made up of buildings. Team A starts in an alcove on the north side, Team B on the south. There is a rectangular building between you, with the shorter sides facing you guys. The building consists of three rooms, with doors between each room and on the short sides. Therefore any one of you could enter the building, walk through each room in turn, and emerge at the exit closer to the other team. The building may not be entered by any means other than the two entry doors.

Each room takes one round (four actions) to walk through. You may simply run around the building to the other side in two rounds (eight actions).

The northern-most room (closest to Team A) is room one. The middle room is room two, The southern one, closest to Team B, is room three.

Rooms one and three each contain ten standard duty City Policemen armed with Glocks who have been programmed to treat you as terrorists. They are expecting your attack.

Room two has 16 SWAT policemen armed with assault rifles and wearing body armour. Note that in the Dojo SWAT police had extra skill- this is not true in this simulator or in the Matrix- here, SWAT are simply better equipped and that can make a big difference. The SWAT policemen will also treat you as hostile.

Also in room 2 is the flag, in Zion's colours.

The first team to get the flag and take it to the OPPOSING team's starting point, wins the match.

Therefore both teams have to fight through rooms 1 or 3 as fast as possible to try and get the flag from room 2. What you dod when you get it is up to you.

As in the Dojo, normally lethal weaponry has been programmed to be non-lethal in this scenario.

COMMENTS- By Dallas.

"These are the following things I want to see tested and practiced here:

Combat Conditions- You will be fighting in relatively realistic conditions. You will be facing not only large amounts of mundanes, working in teams, well-equipped and making use of terrain, but also opponents on a par with yourselves- i.e. each other! Only difference is that you will not be facing the two threats as a whole- the mundanes will shoot at your foes as well as you.

Teamwork: In the Dojo you are only worried about yourself. Here you must work as a team in support of each other- the team that does that best will very likely win

Planning: Strategy may decide this just as much as fighting.

Working without secrecy: Sometimes the System knows what you are doing. So it will be with your opponents- both teams will be constantly appraised on what the other team is planning and doing [i.e. you can read what each other is doing in this thread!]

Knowing your goals: In the Dojo, you fought to win only. Here, it is no good if you take out all but one of your opponent's team if the last one gets the flag and wins because you were too busy fighting everyone else. Sometimes your priority will be different, to get out of a fight and get to where you want to be. Hence, unlike in the Dpjo, the 'retreat' and 'flee' options may become extremely useful- doubly so to the flag carrier!

Other than that, I want to see brains and I want to see guts, you know the drill!"

SPECIAL RULES:

Training Mission: This is a training mission. You cannot die during it. Nothing will happen outside of the parameters of the exercise- no Agents will come! You may jack out at any time without a hardline. There is no direct reward for participating other than it will get you vital training for the real thing- pretty much what it says it is!

Pure Combat Mission: This designation for an Assignment means it is a mission where no stealth or subtlety is in any way required. Therefore the Concealment rules will not be used- you may simply take as much gear as you can carry!

SPECIAL EQUIPMENT:

The Flag (found in room two): Taking the flag to your opponent's starting point wins you the match. It is a large flag on a pole some two metres long.

The flag has been coded to be utterly useless as a weapon.

Each of you has a flag-belt so you may carry it without using a hand and it is weightless. However, it DOES get in your way. Anyone carrying the flag gets -1 to his Martial Arts and Gun skills.

The flag makes you ever so slightly slower moving. This does not affect your speed. However, if two or more people are trying to get to the same place at the same time as each other- like trying to beat the flag carriere to a doorway- then the flag carrier will ALWAYS get there last regardless of his speed.

When in combat with the flag carrier you have an extra option- Grab. This may not be enhanced by the use of Paths except for those that affect Blocked opponents. The attack gets +4 to hit a prone opponent rather than the normal +2. It automatically succeeds against Held opponents. A successful Grab does no damage but means the attacker becomes the flag carrier- but he is still in the combat!

The flag may not be thrown. It may be handed to someone nearby as an action.

TIPS: It is a simple scenario, but your guess is as good as mine. Should you just pile in and fight through both rooms ASAP and get the flag? Do you kill ALL the cops in the first room or just get through it? Do you wait for the other team to take out half the SWAT guys before going in yourself? Do you leave a guy back for defence? Do you send someone around to attack your opponents from behind? When you meet, do you just pile in, pair off and fight or will one team have a different tactic in mind? Well, we shall see.

Any questions, please ask!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 27th, 2003 at 03:13 PM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 12:36 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Loadout

You are in a pure white room surrounded by vast amounts of weaponry. Welcome to the Loading Programme!

Here you may chose wht you are taking with you into the Assignment.

As there is no worry about concealment on this mission, your only worry is how much you can carry. The amount you can carry without difficulty depends on your strength.

3: Nine points worth
4: Eleven points worth
5: Thirteen points worth.

Carry more than that and you get penalties.

Here are the encumbrance levels of stuff you might carry:

Shades: 0
Watch: 0
Wallet: 0
Mobile Phone: 0

Beretta 85FS .380 Security Pistol: .5
Glock 17: 1
Glock 18: 2
Sig-Saur P229: 2
.50 AE Desert Eagle: 3
Ingrams Mac 10: 3
Dlask Tactical Entry Shotgun: 5
H&K MP5: 4
M16 Assault Rifle: 6

Spare pistol clip: .5
Spare shotgun clip: 1
Spare smg/assault rifle clip: 1.5

Throwing Knife: 1/.5
Knife: 1/1
Staff: 7/2
Spear: 9/3
Sword: 6/3

Melee weapons have two numbers as they are normally harder to conceal than to carry. The first number is used only if you are trying to hide the weapon- so ignore it. Look at the second number only, which is its weight.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 12:57 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

Rade takes a sword and a mp5.
can i be in team b?...who's in it?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 02:22 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Right now, Fire! So that means:

Team A:
Coeus

Team B:
Fire
Rade

Taking any clips, Rade? (The guns do come loaded, of course; spare clips are on top of that)

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 27th, 2003 at 03:15 PM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 03:10 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I don't mind what team. B would be cool cos FIRE! but A is cool too, I don't want Coeus left all on his own!

~Virus

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 05:30 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I guess 'll take a coupla knives..

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 05:32 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And guns, Phoe?

BtVS

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 06:31 PM
Fire

Virus, why do you think I am the better of Coeus we are very well matched smile

let's see I want 2 swords: 6 points
2 glock18's: 4 points
2 spare clips: 1 point

11 points total

Ush I assume PMing my team about possible strategy is not allowed

also a few questions:
A) is it possible to get ontop of that building?
B) are the rooms empty except for the mooks or is there furniture or something like that in them?

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 06:56 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Yeah, I'll take a couple of guns, how much do walther cp88's take?

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 07:01 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

alright, as long as i got one person that is coppertop killer...

alright, heres my loadout:
shades
watch
phone
my Katana (3)
Beretta (.5)
__with ammo (1.5)
Dlask (5)
__with ammo(1)

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 09:09 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

hey, guess what, im using my hot zone points to up my strength to 5!!
hehe, i knew that those would come in handy!
therefore
1 deagle__3 pts
1 mp5____4pts
2 throwing knives_1 pt
2 knives __2 pts
3 pistol clips__1.5 pts
1 smg clip_1.5
total_15 pts

Extra-
all of the free stuff
wallet, cell phone, car keys, ect

(lol)
i dunno what team i should be on, i really don't care.
hmm
enie meanie miney moe!
team A i guess

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 10:09 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You can PM for strategy if you want, Fire, or use messengers, or whatever. Just when you actually DO things, people will know.

The contents of the rooms are deliberately undefined.

Fire, the Glock 18 takes smg clips (or actually ugly foot-long pistol clips, as mentioned in its description in the combat rules). It's the gun Morpheus uses to destroy the Twins' car, actually... but yeah, they take take 1.5 each I am afraid! 35 bullets in each one though.

Burn- I am afraid you cannot Hot Zone up to 5! You can only download skills in-game, remember? You could re-gig your whole set-up from scratch before we start to buy another strength point, but that would cost eight! Stats are not cheap. All in all, you have to dump some stuff, I feel. After all, you are right now carrying enough hardware to fight the Battle of Normandy single-handed...

I suspect strength is going to become more popular...

Other than that, no problems. I reckon that Ares and Burn should go on different teams as they are the gun nuts, much as the pure sword nuts have also been seperated.

Cloud- Walter CP88 takes up one.

Team A:
Coeus
Burn

Team B:
Fire
Rade

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 28th, 2003 at 11:03 PM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 11:09 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

but i wanna take on d-day!!
ok fine
ill swap my mp5 for a mac 10 and drop the throwing knives

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 11:25 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And so it is done!

BtVS

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 11:32 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

ok, one thing, is it possible to pop out from behind cover and just spray fire from a smg, not aim at anything but just wildly spray bulletts all over the place, to privide a distraction, or cover fire?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2003 12:02 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

There may actually be properly official covering fire rules at some later date. Right now, though, I'll try and handle these things as they happen.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 28th, 2003 12:05 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Team A!

Shades
Mobile Phone
M16 Assault Rifle: 6
3 spare smg/assault rifle clip: 4.5

Old Post Oct 28th, 2003 12:09 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

ok, just wanted to kno

Old Post Oct 28th, 2003 12:09 AM
Dexx
wingless

yes, add a spare clip to that..and a mobile phone.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2003 04:29 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I was strength 3, wasn't I?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2003 08:47 AM