KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » I was sooooo WRONG!

I was sooooo WRONG!
Started by: The none

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The none

Arrow I was sooooo WRONG!

A BIG ? has been hovering in my head lately, don’t know what it is so I decided to watch the whole trilogy all over again.

This time, my thought has taken a 180 degree U Turn.

That all began with my first post here – “Why the Matrix was created?!”, n one of the forum fella said besides energy, the machine also wanna to take revenge to human, to manipulate us like we used to do to them.

Well, we couldn’t be more wrong.

We have been its’ guinea pigs all along! The machines, or the AI, was not revenging, they r LEARNING from us. Why was that?

The phrase stood up from others right after I re-watched the films is the one repeated by the Oracle over n over again, more or less like this, “U already made the choice, u only needed to find out why u made it.”

And this, is the whole idea of the trilogy! The AI was in pursuit of an answer that only we human guinea pigs have: CREATIVITY and the way we handle UNCERTAINTIES. We’re used by the Oracle, the Archie, as a whole, the AI, to upgrade themselves to an ultimate life form, to climb to the paramount of their own evolution.

And the dawn of that new era was marked by the sunrise, their own sunrise, created by Sati, the brainchild of the 6th n final upgrade of the Matrix. The title of the last episode, Revolution, is not for us, but for the machines.

From this on, human was no longer needed.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 07:33 AM
The none is currently offline Click here to Send The none a Private Message Find more posts by The none Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spydar1982
What Up G?

Although I don't think its totally correct. I don't know why..... But very good. Interesting. You explained what I couldn't. (applause).

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 07:44 AM
spydar1982 is currently offline Click here to Send spydar1982 a Private Message Find more posts by spydar1982 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MickeyMousse
I've seen this...

Don't think its correct and dont know why and how you came up with this. I dont see the link of your ideas with the line of the Oracle.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 08:51 AM
MickeyMousse is currently offline Click here to Send MickeyMousse a Private Message Find more posts by MickeyMousse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordecai
I am the way.

Hmmm,

Its certainly an interesting theory, and one worth thinking about.

It doesn't seem very strong of a theme throughout the movies considering everything else that goes on and your basing almost everything on that one line and your interpretation of the sunrise, which isn't a very strong argument.

I don't agree at this point in time.

and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it,
to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 09:11 AM
Mordecai is currently offline Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maifoshis

The None you are a ****in genius thats the best interpretation of the trilogy ive heard so far, kudos.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 09:49 AM
maifoshis is currently offline Click here to Send maifoshis a Private Message Find more posts by maifoshis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

how the hell do you get these theories? I mean the machines getting revenge on humans. It was told that we were only used as an energy source. I could see how you would say they are learning off of us. I mean that would explain the need for the matrix. Man can live on and discover new technology. but thats al i can see

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 10:29 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

It's also control. The Matrix keeps the humans under control so that they can change them into batteries for energy. But people still are gunna be unplugged from the matrix, and that still makes them human. They do play an essential part in this trilogy, and I don't think you can rid of them. Although the peace won't last, we still need humans to survive (but not exactly in the terms of the machines)

Made by: Pictofix Designs. Want a sig or wallpaper? Drop me a message

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 10:43 AM
dragonpisces272 is currently offline Click here to Send dragonpisces272 a Private Message Find more posts by dragonpisces272 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The none

More to come......

Just check out the biological meaning of the Matrix n here is what I found about babies brain that r quite interesting: "......the germinal matrix r the area contains cells that will migrate to populate the developing brain......"

Matrix.....Brain Development......!!

Isn't that obvious? The AI needed us to help them to development their BRAIN, to breakthrough the frame of digital/logical 0101 way of thinking!!!!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 01:13 PM
The none is currently offline Click here to Send The none a Private Message Find more posts by The none Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Christ, no, this is ludicrous over-complication. Accept the scenario as given- the Machines were using us for power for survival and so exercise control.

This sounds like one of those poor quality Sati plotlines that some fans tried to guess at.

It should be abundantly clear that the Machines don;t think they have anything to learn from us- only the Renegade ones see any benefit in humanity.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 01:14 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

but they dont use binary, they use quantum computer power...and if the humans aren't needed anymore, then why keep the humans alive?why not just have Neo kill Smith, and then destroy the humans?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 01:16 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And it is also clear that whilst the main body of machines think in very logical lines, that is only because they CHOSE to. The films make it very clear that plenty of programmes have the same kind of way of operating as humans- the Merovingian, Twins, Persephone and Oracle are certainly not in a 0 and 1 way of thinking.

I think the machines would be insulted by this idea...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 01:19 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The none

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Christ, no, this is ludicrous over-complication. Accept the scenario as given- the Machines were using us for power for survival and so exercise control.

Me over-complicated? Or u who prefer an easy way out?

C'mon, the machines have squashed us like fly, survived the nuke attack, dominant the whole planet n yet, they need our bodies to supply energy?! Isn't that ridiculous??

To exercise control? In some way yes, but what is the motivation? Just for the sake of it? Don't think so, they r far more pragmatic than this, there gotta be a reason behind all these troublesome arrangement.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 01:28 PM
The none

quote:
And it is also clear that whilst the main body of machines think in very logical lines, that is only because they CHOSE to. The films make it very clear that plenty of programmes have the same kind of way of operating as humans- the Merovingian, Twins, Persephone and Oracle are certainly not in a 0 and 1 way of thinking.

I think the machines would be insulted by this idea...

EXACTLY! Funny that u mentioned Merv n twins just on time.

Remember what pragramme they r? Bingo, rogue programme, n why is that? One of the reasons is they REFUSED to be deleted, n why the AI wanna to delete them? Partly because they r no longer useful or do not have a particular reason to keep.

AND THAT, is the problem of the AI!

Logically it just deleted them, dumped all these USELESS programme into the rubbish bin, it didn't realized that these useless programme r indeed VER USEFUL for developing a higher class of civilization, just like in human history, without keeping n dug into those numerous "funny n crappy" ideas and theories (ask guys like Galileo), our technology might still be 300 years backward!

The AI knows that! That's what it wanna to learn from us! The "useless-but-of-utmost-importance programme" namely Sati is the living proof!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 01:46 PM
mook

interesting idea but not sure i agree...

the architect says the machines could live without humans - "levels of survival we are willing to accept" so in theory they could be keeping us alive to learn off us. (as well as a power source)

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 01:54 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Captain Wacky

quote:

If all the machines were after was power why not use cows instead of humans? They could kill us all and humans would no longer be a threat.

~The Joker~

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 02:08 PM
Captain Wacky is currently offline Click here to Send Captain Wacky a Private Message Find more posts by Captain Wacky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Wacky
If all the machines were after was power why not use cows instead of humans? They could kill us all and humans would no longer be a threat.

so you agree with the original post - that the machines are using the highest lifeform to learn off us?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 02:36 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Captain Wacky

quote:
Originally posted by mook
so you agree with the original post - that the machines are using the highest lifeform to learn off us?
Not completely. I belive there is a reseaon they use humans...what it is I havn't figured out yet.

~The Joker~

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 03:35 PM
Captain Wacky is currently offline Click here to Send Captain Wacky a Private Message Find more posts by Captain Wacky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Captain Wacky

If you rember the head councilmans speech to NEO " What is control?" They could smash the "machines" in Zion to bits....but what would happen to the water and air? I belive it works the same wya for the machines. But what do they use us for?

~The Joker~

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 03:38 PM
The none

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
but they dont use binary, they use quantum computer power...and if the humans aren't needed anymore, then why keep the humans alive?why not just have Neo kill Smith, and then destroy the humans?

OK, even if they used quantum, that would only made them "faster", but still lacking of the essence of human creativity.

As fo why the Archie agreed to release those who wanna to be freed? I dunno, may we r now so dispensible n he just don't care anymore, a sign of gratitude maybe? Afterall, we r their mentor. confused

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 05:08 PM
Furiae

I'll throw in some chips on this.
I think the "machines use humans for power-nothing else" is the silliest theory given the complexity of the story in ANY form. The None has a good theory and it is something I haven't seen before which does make sense to me.

YOU CHOOSE to look at all machines and programs as some are good and helpful and others are bad. WHAT IF they are ALL a level of control and the Matrix, while also a power source that I personally believe the machines have no fear of it ever being compromised, is also a simulator of sort...
That is that the machines only purpose is survival, they COULD eventually want LOVE, FRIENDSHIP, LOYALTY, ETC or at least an undestanding of these things. Those are the things that make us human and machines and programs could come to envy this. Assuming their justifiable feeling of superiority, they could also believe they can just learn it from the humans through interaction and scenarios...
Maybe the MAtrix restarts once the SIMULATION is complete and they record their data and start over...

It IS a reach when you look at the movie as a whole but a valid arguement at least if your perception that the machines and programs are not on our side AT ALL!!!! I personally like that thought as a twist but who knows...

Has there EVER been anything about extended DVD's??? I will try the search feature...

George Carlin

Seán is ainm dom = My name is Seán

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 05:31 PM
Furiae is currently offline Click here to Send Furiae a Private Message Find more posts by Furiae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote