KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Episode I? I want Episode VII!

Episode I? I want Episode VII!
Started by: ToMacco

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Episode I? I want Episode VII!

When I first herd that they were to make new Star Wars movies, I was pretty pissed that they would take place before the OT. I thought "who cares what happened? We know how it ends! I want sequels, not prequels."

But I think the prequel trillogy was a damn good idea, now.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 5th, 2001 02:55 AM
Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Man then I just have to quit reading this EU books, nah I dont think its gonna be more sequals. Star wars is the story of Anakin Skywalker and we all knows his fate in ROTJ

Old Post Nov 5th, 2001 09:56 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I know, I know. But when did they re-release the original trillogy in THX? It had to be '95. The EU had just started, hadn't it?

In those interviews with Lucas before those THX movies, he said the new ones took place before the OT. I thought "Yeck, who cares?"

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 6th, 2001 01:55 AM
Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I think it's amazing that he actually decided to make episodes 1-3. I mean, it was a 20 year gap there. In my opinion the original triology will be the classic one and these later ones will not be as remembered or revered as Eps 4,5 and 6. Episode I had no SW feeling in my opinion. Theres just something about the characters and plot in 4,5 and 6 that 1,2, and 3 will never have. GL just doesn't have the force anymoresad

Old Post Nov 7th, 2001 05:45 AM
Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

You're exsactly right. He made the 21st century Star Wars. Everything about Episode I couldn't be in the OT. Jar Jar, the two headed Howard Cosell announcer, the special effects.

And now we've seen the trailer for II. And what has he done? He's take the classic puppet Yoda, and made him computer generated. That mistake will cost him millions of fans. He's now made it clear that the prequel trillogy is for a new generation, and cares little for those of us who fell in love with the original.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 7th, 2001 06:50 AM
Tex
Yumsz

I think he still cares about us, but your right, he's focusing on the new generaton. Maybe we're just getting old or someting. I was watching ROTJ which in my opinion is the weakest of the original 3 movies, and it was still better then EP1. These new movies can have the SW theme song, and they can have C3P0 and R2D2, but they will never be true SW movies in my opinion. It's fun and exciting to have new SW movies to watch, but sometimes I think that he should of just stopped at 4,5, and 6.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2001 04:36 PM
Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

ahh man, what's all this negative bull aboutconfused the new SW-movies not real SW-movies? that's insane and stupid. i liked TPM, and still, if you didn't, there's still TWO FILMS LEFT, AND LETS FACE FACTS: YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT YET!!

a 60 second long ( and by the way great trailer), makes you come up with a story about this is gonna make him loose many fans. what i think about it? i think it's a CRAPPY thing to say, and i am looking as much forward to the new films as ever.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2001 04:45 PM
Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Watch EP 4,5 and 6 and then watch Ep1 on the same day, you'll see what I'm talking about! GL lost it with Ep1. I hope he gets things together for AOTC.

Just because my opinion differs from your doens't make it stupid, you thinking so makes you stupid. See.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2001 04:56 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

so you have lost all faith in SW because of TPM? and i can't see anything done better in 4,5 or 6 than TPM. allthough it's very popular amongst hardcore SW-fans to dislike it, just because it's a little different, i had no problems with it what-so-ever.

come on texas, think about it. i hope you're gonna go in to the theaters with a positive mind, 'cause if you go in with a negative mind it will be a negative experience, and i have the feeling that many people had that negative feeling before TPM.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2001 05:04 PM
Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I've lost faith in GL not in SW. I'm not saying that TPM was a bad movie, it wasn't. I'm saying that(in my opinion)it lacked the SW feel that Eps 4,5 and 6 posses. I dont think he can ever get that feeling back. Sure I'll see all the movies, and I'll go to the theater excited and awe at the special effects, but if EP1 is any indication of future results, I'm sure my feelings wont change. sad

Old Post Nov 7th, 2001 05:16 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

your choice. sad i had no idea that any of you had such bad feelings for the future of star wars, and i was a bit shocked when i read this. in my mind TPM was a epic and great film, the role that it played was like an intro to star wars, and did a great job.

i think GL has still got it, and i'm not going to see the forthcoming films and be excited about the special effects. if that is the only good part i will be dissapointed. but so far it seems far from bad, and i am all happy for the future, excited about the new films like nothing else.

be happy, don't worry, texsmile

Old Post Nov 7th, 2001 05:26 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It had the feel as far as I am concerned.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 7th, 2001 06:17 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

give it a chance, and remember; you can't make epIII so there will be no change evil face

Old Post Nov 7th, 2001 07:03 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I completley agree with Mah.

If anyone here watches the prequels thinking "I hope this is like the OT" then you are going to be very dissapointed because these films AREN'T THE OT!! These are new films with new characters in a different time to the OT. It's not Lucas fault if you go into the theatre wanting to see Han and Chewie.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2001 07:05 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I dont want to go in seeing Han and Chewyroll eyes (sarcastic)
I want to go in, fall in love with the story, fall in love with the characters, root for the good guys, stick my tounge out at the bad guys! Ep1 gave me none of this! There were no loveable characters, Obi Wan's a rude prick, Anakin is an annoying little pip squeek, dont even get me started on Jar Jar, Amadila who has this confusing split personality clone thingy going on, Captain Panaka who walks around like he has a stick up his ass, Darth Maul appears for 3 minutes and then dies, the only guy who was remotely likeable was Watto. Then the BOARING story!!!!!!! Trade Dispute? YAWN!!!!

Old Post Nov 7th, 2001 08:24 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

don't come here talking trash about amidalastick out tongue

so infact you hate the film? that's pretty serious, but i can't say i understand you. i think the viceroy was a kewl bad-guy, and qui-gon a kewl good-guy.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2001 08:36 PM
Tex
Yumsz

Oh yeah, I forogt about him. He was kewl! I liked the way he was sitting in that walking throne and said 'take him away' Ooooo he's too kewl for schoolsmokin'cool smokin'

I dont hate it, It's a well made film, it's just not a loveable onesad

Old Post Nov 7th, 2001 08:49 PM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Tex, I think this is the first time I've ever completely agreed with someone in this forum.

Lucas tried to hard in Episode I. There was WAY too much going on. And if it was the first of the series, it should have better explained where these Jedi came from and why they were the protectors of the universe.

Instead, Lucas throws us into the middle of a story, which makes no sense until you see it a few times.

The ending is the most disapointed part of TPM. There's like 5 different things going on at once. It's too hard to get attached to any of those scenes, accept maybe the Duel of Fates.

Lucas is leaving his old fans out to dry. But he knows a lot will still follow the films, no matter what he puts out there.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 8th, 2001 06:41 AM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

one of the things i really liked about TPM was that many things went on at the same time. almost no rest for the viewer, going from one thing to another fast as nothing. it was the most action-packed so far, AotC seems to be one of the more slowmoving, so they suit eachother good.
that makes for different experiences, which i think is really good, while others are pissed off at it.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2001 01:30 PM
Tex
Yumsz

I think one of the problems with TPM is that there was too much action, period! I think because the story was so weak, GL was like, well to keep them entertained, I'll have non stop action. We only get a little breather on Tattoine, other then that, it's non stop all over again.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2001 05:15 PM