KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » aspiring writers!!

aspiring writers!!
Started by: Anoushka

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

aspiring writers!!

i realised there are lotsa aspiring writers (like mebig grin)in here!!so basically this thread is to post your li'l short stories and throw ard ideas n stuff
here's my 1st masterpicbig grin:

It had been days since he had been left behind. The sun blazed high up in the azure sky, roasting every single being in the desert. There was nothing but a pristine, undulating blanket of sand as far as the eye could see. Not a single plant, not a single drop of water, not a single footprint.
His thirst had overpowered everything in him – his thoughts, his mind and his body. He stumbled along, searching desperately for water. He was not aware of the fact that he was talking to himself, but it did not really matter – all that really came out of his mouth was a string of unintelligible, incoherent words. Ha was nothing but a living corpse, driven by its unbearable thirst, stumbling across the sand. When the heat became too much for him to bear, he let his body fall onto the sand and lay there, letting his mind go blank and his body go limp.

After what seemed like an eternity, he turned his head towards his right, away from the glaring sun. The heat wave was distorting the sand dunes around him, making it seem as if they were moving in a non-existent wind. Then, in the far distance, something caught his eye.

Realisation dawned slowly in his eyes as his mind sluggishly registered what it was – a pool of water, smack in the middle of the nothingness of the desert!!

He ran his dry tongue over his parched lips, wincing at the raspy sound produced. Then, bracing himself, he dug his fingers into the fine sand and painstakingly dragged his body towards the water, towards salvation. The puddle seemed to move further away with every inch he moved, making his desire to feel it’s cool trickle down his hot throat heighten to a delirious pitch. His movements became even more frenzied as he neared the puddle.

Then, for a heart-stopping moment, the puddle disappeared from his view. The man stared at the spot with incredible disbelief. His eyes widened and his face blanched with utmost horror as reality struck him – it had been a mirage!!

Anger spread throughout his body like a cold liquid, numbing his senses. An uncontrollable scream of outrage tore out of him, piercing the heavy stupor of the desert atmosphere. He had been tricked!!! There had been no water, no salvation, nothing!! The realisation had wrung out every single drop of hop in him. He gave up and lay on the sand, defeated. There was nothing left for him to do anymore, nothing left for him. He slowly closed his eyes.

Two days later, the search party arrived. They had been searching for the man who had gotten left behind for more than a week, combing the desert land inch by inch. They had found him too late. He lay spread-eagled, baked from the heat of the sun, skin shrivelled from the combination o the heat and the lack of water.

“Severe dehydration.” sighed one of the rescue workers, shaking his head with regret.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 12:52 PM
Anoushka is currently offline Click here to Send Anoushka a Private Message Find more posts by Anoushka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Umm.....

THERE IS A WHOLE FORUM FOR WRITERS!

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 12:53 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

oh sh*t i put this on the otf???embarrasment can sum1 move it to the general fiction forum?embarrasment

anyway those ppl write fanfics i dun like thosewink

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 12:58 PM
Anoushka is currently offline Click here to Send Anoushka a Private Message Find more posts by Anoushka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

no expression

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 04:08 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

what?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 04:10 PM
furryman
honky

hasnt been moved...

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 04:11 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

ah well let it just take up space thenwink
in the meantome.whaddaya think of my storybig grinbig grin

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 04:13 PM
furryman
honky

sleep too much to read stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 04:14 PM
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

stick out tonguestick out tonguestick out tongue fine*humph* laughing

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 04:15 PM
Treehuggerjanie
im thinking about...

Its good! I like writing poems (pathetic i know) and ive written about 15.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 06:07 PM
Treehuggerjanie is currently offline Click here to Send Treehuggerjanie a Private Message Find more posts by Treehuggerjanie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

i don't think it's pathetic!!i usually write lots of psychological stuff,inner conlict goin into outer conflict..add in some blood gore or death....wink

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 06:09 PM
BLACKANGEL
boo ya

i write stories. more like fansatys

we want a lady in the street but a freak in the bed

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 06:10 PM
BLACKANGEL is currently offline Click here to Send BLACKANGEL a Private Message Find more posts by BLACKANGEL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

laughing which include you?eek!

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 06:13 PM
BLACKANGEL
boo ya

smile

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 06:14 PM
BLACKANGEL is currently offline Click here to Send BLACKANGEL a Private Message Find more posts by BLACKANGEL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

laughing
i've actually written this other one but it's too disturbing no expression

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 06:16 PM
BLACKANGEL
boo ya

alien

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 06:17 PM
BLACKANGEL
boo ya

which one. tell me tell me tell me

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 06:17 PM
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

well it's abt a guy who got shipwrecked and went for weeks w/o food....................................................................................................and.....well.....the ending is too disturbing..... no expression

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 06:19 PM
BLACKANGEL
boo ya

ooooooooooh is it a long story

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 06:21 PM
Deathblow
-

hey thats pretty good! i used to write a bit but i dont think i had the patience to be a professional.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 06:21 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote