KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » distinguishing physical characteristics

distinguishing physical characteristics
Started by: gambitindaflesh

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
gambitindaflesh
love them apples!

distinguishing physical characteristics

This forum will probably suck, but I'm kind of tired of all the character looking the same, well a lot of them, same hair, build all that. I would like to see some dreds with beads and shells, I don't know I just see so many pics and some times I have no idea if it's Havoc, Gambit, Cylops, or some guy I don't know and I think more distinguished or original features would be great, like Wolverine's hair plus he is short and thick, not like all the tall lean, buldging guys. I don't know what do you think?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 03:16 AM
gambitindaflesh is currently offline Click here to Send gambitindaflesh a Private Message Find more posts by gambitindaflesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
laurel lebeau
the one and only

Love

i agree with you, girl, but, um. can you see gambit with dreads and shells? sorry. laugh break. yeah, it's annoying that they often kinda all get to look the same. i mean, yeah, cyclops always has his ruby quartz, and remy's rarely out of sight of his trademark trenchcoat. but you are definitely right. i just can't think on how to improve. and btw, i doubt your forum will suck. look. it has two really cool people's opinions already. just kidding. anyhow. keep faith in your forum, and comfort in the fact that you are right. l8er.

Last edited by laurel lebeau on Feb 20th, 2005 at 01:19 AM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 01:16 AM
laurel lebeau is currently offline Click here to Send laurel lebeau a Private Message Find more posts by laurel lebeau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ayjay
Psycho....

watabout storm?...she got da white her goin...and sh'es had the mohawke, da short hair, the long hair

but yeeh...the guys all look the same. i rekon bring in an x-man with corn rolls and dat'll be kool

now u have THREE kool ppl with opinions ^_^

*Is ThEre N e OnE SeXier?*

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 03:33 AM
ayjay is currently offline Click here to Send ayjay a Private Message Find more posts by ayjay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

they should have someone with a fire afro lol

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 07:39 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

I think they look different enough.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 12:14 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gambitindaflesh
love them apples!

I wouldn't give Gambit the dreds! NO, No, no no.... but some cool new chic with black dreds with shells who talked to animals or something weird might just become my new favorite! I love the suggestions! Fire afro! HA HA! that's cool! and corn rolls? how some they never thought of that??? that might actually be hip! Yes, Storm kicks butt and has an awsome and distinguished look that I love, Wolvie too, Gambit does slightly, I do think they should of stuck with the pink suit because it was certainly different and who the hell can make pink look cool and sexy like that? on a man? I mean, I think it was his kind of thing. Yes, please let there be some different bodies and hair! a flaming afro! Oh, man, you see no one could over look these kind of characters and they would be remembered when shown again, it needs to be done!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 12:17 AM
gambitindaflesh is currently offline Click here to Send gambitindaflesh a Private Message Find more posts by gambitindaflesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

I hope some writers stumble onto this sight and see these suggestions- I love the suggestion that there should be a woman with black dreds with shells who talked to animals. She should be able to do anything an animal can do too. that'd be the best. I think someone should have water for hair, Like just floating around, maybe it would look like a waterfall or something, I don't know. All these suggestions are sweet!!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 02:10 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gambitindaflesh
love them apples!

Ooo, another good one! Why does't Marvel think of these things? Time for another petition!!! just kidding!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 02:26 AM
stormfront13

what one was another good one??

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 02:26 AM
gambitindaflesh
love them apples!

yours, the water fall hair! I really couldn't think of anything but dreds and shells and animal talk, probably because it's me if I were a mutant (though I haven't had dreds in years and I can only communicate with animals in a realistic way) so I just drew a bunch of blanks even though I was sure there had to be more different looking characters. If I did mutate though, that would be me! I would be known as... uh, shell hair? no, see, having trouble being creative again. laughing

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 02:38 AM
stormfront13

lol ur a funny one- I think that milano colored skin, yellow eyes- a tail like nightcrawlers- and yellowish gold hair would be cool

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 02:42 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

water type girl...

dunno if this is what u meant...

Attachment: a.jpg
This has been downloaded 183 time(s).

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 03:25 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

i didn't even know there was a girl like that lol

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 03:28 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

she's only in that issue i think...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 03:39 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

oooh well that explains why I don't know her

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 03:40 AM
laurel lebeau
the one and only

Love

all these ideas are great and funny. but ... i dunno, though ... what to do about the old ones. f'sho, a flamin 'fro would be gr8, and shell hair animal girl would be cool, but ya still cant tell the old guys one from another. but that is a huge problem. its kinda annoying how generic and bland they get to look sometimes. im all for getting gambit a punk'd out whiteboy 'fro. that would be so funny. ow! not that funny! i just laughed so hard, i got a stitch in my side and slammed my head on the printer! shoot. anyway. there has to be something to make all of them different enough that its obvious whos who. i mean, me the gambit freak, i can tell him apart by anything. my boy remy, he got a whole bunch of pictures and made me guess which had gambit in them ... the hardest was one that had jean, it was jean grey, and i just barely caught the edge of a man's fingertips, and it was gambits hand, because of the gloves fingers being cut off. but the point is, for all the rest of the non-freak world, there cant just be the generic white male xman. its getting hard to keep up on. there has to be some variety! arrgh. anyway. my rant is done. l8er.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 03:49 AM
laurel lebeau is currently offline Click here to Send laurel lebeau a Private Message Find more posts by laurel lebeau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i think that was joe madureiras fault...

as good as he is he drew a lot of men the same...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 03:54 AM
stormfront13

yeah he did- does anyone think that there is a similarity between scott and gambit look wise??

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 03:55 AM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

They are similar. Brown hair, roughly the same build, though Scott should be taller and, well, hence his nickname, slimmer.

I think it might help if creators paid attention more to regular people. I understand it's comics, stuff doesn't have to look exact and all, but the amount of full natural blonde-haired people in comics is ridiculous. It's a rare trait, and it's never to that extreme, it's usually a dirty blonde, not a yellow as the sun blonde.

They try to distinguish them, and do a good job most of the time, but I agree some extra touches would be nice. As for corn rows, I believe Cecilia Reyes had them. Can't think of any dreds, though that would by and large require black characters, who could be more prevalent, along with asians, latinos and Ghandi-style Indians. There's actually a disproportionate number of Sitting Bull-style Indians for their actual population size, which, sadly, registered at less than 1% in the most recent American census.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 04:37 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ayjay
Psycho....

i rekon bring in a big spiky hair duude....you know...like them carzy gotho punk rockers with the HUGE spikes....dat would be kool

*Is ThEre N e OnE SeXier?*

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 06:06 AM
ayjay is currently offline Click here to Send ayjay a Private Message Find more posts by ayjay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote