KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Michael Crichton

Michael Crichton
Started by: scarymvyfanatic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
scarymvyfanatic
Master Debator

Michael Crichton

Hey guys, ever heard of michael crichton? He is one of the best(in my oppinion) sci fi authors ever!!! He wrote many books to become classic movies including Jurassic Park1, Jurassic Park2 and Timeline! Also he has written at least 15 books, anyone no ne thing else bout him?

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 02:03 AM
scarymvyfanatic is currently offline Click here to Send scarymvyfanatic a Private Message Find more posts by scarymvyfanatic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

time line was one of our books of the month
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...ichael+Crichton

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 04:55 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
scarymvyfanatic
Master Debator

ok lol,

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 05:04 AM
scarymvyfanatic is currently offline Click here to Send scarymvyfanatic a Private Message Find more posts by scarymvyfanatic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

15!! nearer a hundred if you count non fiction and pseudonyms... one of the most prolific writers ever... And he deliberately writes books that can be turned into films with the minimum of fuss... Timeline, Jurassic park, Eaters of the Dead, Terminal Man, Congo, Andromeda Strain... he's also the man behind ER.... but then we all have off days....

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 11:13 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Predator 89

have any of you read prey? I think its his latest work and they're thinking of turning it into a movie.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 06:16 PM
Predator 89 is currently offline Click here to Send Predator 89 a Private Message Find more posts by Predator 89 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

Alot of his books have become movies, with mixed results. Jurassic Park 1 and 2 were good, Timeline, so-so, from what I heard.

I haven't read anyone of his books, yet I like him, odd?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 12:50 AM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

have you ever heard of Crichton?
what a question! of course I have! got almost all his books! eek!

Timeline was horrible imo; bad theory, bad history

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 10:19 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Predator 89

Didnt like timeline either but i think prey is so far his best work.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 02:42 PM
Predator 89 is currently offline Click here to Send Predator 89 a Private Message Find more posts by Predator 89 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
scarymvyfanatic
Master Debator

Prey is the best, i hope they make a movie, it would b so awesome

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 05:17 AM
Baylin
Back in story!

The only problem I have is the books are excellent but the films are bad! imo jurassic park was a superb book but the film was disapointment, good effects, but did the book so little justice.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 02:54 PM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drac39

I`ve read his earlier work Congo,Jurassic Park 1&2

He is a great writer,but I`d have to agree about the movie adaptions of his work

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 03:00 PM
Drac39 is currently offline Click here to Send Drac39 a Private Message Find more posts by Drac39 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
scarymvyfanatic
Master Debator

but besides the fact of the book the movies kick all other movies a**es, well, usually, so i don't see anything wrong with it, to do the book a justice they would have to make like a 7-10 hour movie,

Old Post Jul 25th, 2004 05:57 AM
Baylin
Back in story!

It's probably just me but if I read a book first and then see the film, which is what usually happens, I'm almost always dissapointed by the film.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2004 06:43 PM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
scarymvyfanatic
Master Debator

i always read the book first, but i still get a thrill from the movies

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 12:19 AM
cal31
Let's Win Twins

I thought Timeline was a great book, it was a shame they made such a horrible movie out of it.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 05:59 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Jurassic Park the book was waaaaaaay better than the movie. Second one was good. Prey was ok.........and Timeline both the book and the movie sucked IMHO.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 06:20 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

In Memorandum: Michael Crichton 1942-2008

quote:
Best-selling author Michael Crichton died unexpectedly in Los Angeles Tuesday, November 4, 2008 after a courageous and private battle against cancer.

While the world knew him as a great story teller that challenged our preconceived notions about the world around us -- and entertained us all while doing so -- his wife Sherri, daughter Taylor, family and friends knew Michael Crichton as a devoted husband, loving father and generous friend who inspired each of us to strive to see the wonders of our world through new eyes. He did this with a wry sense of humor that those who were privileged to know him personally will never forget.

Through his books, Michael Crichton served as an inspiration to students of all ages, challenged scientists in many fields, and illuminated the mysteries of the world in a way we could all understand.

He will be profoundly missed by those whose lives he touched, but he leaves behind the greatest gifts of a thirst for knowledge, the desire to understand, and the wisdom to use our minds to better our world.

The world has truly lost one of it's best.

R.I.P. Michael Crichton

Old Post Nov 6th, 2008 07:17 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote