KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Rise- A Fan Made Film

Rise- A Fan Made Film
Started by: nimbus006

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nimbus006
Accuser

Rise- A Fan Made Film

X-Men Fans,

My name is Mike Gonzalez and I've been on KMC Forums for 7 years now. Through this website I've grown to love comics and have been inspired by many of the knowledgable fans on here. Over the past couple of months I have been working on a project that is incredibly important to me.

Six years ago, I wrote a script for a short film with two friends of mine Miguel Ferrer and JP Bermudez, based on these characters. However, at the time we didn’t have the resources or knowledge to bring this project to life. Now, with Miguel working in the studio system in L.A for six years, and my passion and knowledge for the subject plus the growing popularity in comic book films such as the Avengers, Iron Man, and Batman, we feel it’s the perfect time to get this venture off the ground.

Over the past 2 months, we have put together a team of producers/marketing execs/artists, who are going to help us make this project a reality and we are launching a KICKSTARTER campaign on Wednesday to raise the necessary funds to complete the project.

What is Kickstarter you ask? (If you already know, just JUMP to the link below)

Kickstarter is the most popular CROWD SOURCING site right now. Through KS, artists and inventors can put up their projects and search for funding on the web. HOWEVER, the BEST PART of their model, (where they really hit the nail in the head) is that when you pledge to the project you get a REWARD BACK. So you're not just giving away $$, you get something back and help make the project a reality. In our project, there are over 15 tiers of "pledges" each with their own unique reward, from $5 to over $1000, and are all designed so that everyone becomes A PART OF THE FILM.

You might think that pledging $5 or $25 doesn't really help us, but every pledge counts, and the more people SEE others pledging, the more they'll be inclined to do so as well. Another thing about KS is that if you don't reach your project goal, you don't get ANY of the funding and no one gets ANY of the rewards.

Even if you can't pledge anything, the success of this campaign DEPENDS heavily on word of mouth, twitter, facebook etc. You may never know which one of your friends or co-workers are HUGE X-men fans, and will be willing to BE A PART of this project. I appreciate your twitters, tags, facebook posts and FWd's about the project in advance. Every little bit amounts to something huge.

As far as what we've done so far, you can check it out here: www.jointheultimatebattle.com.

Also, WATCH found footage of a hidden chamber in Egypt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_57...eature=youtu.be

Lastly, check out the attached picture from Comic Con of the character we casted as Apocalypse. We had an entire crew there promoting the film.

To see more pics please visit the RISE facebook page at:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/risemovie

I tell you I have NEVER been more excited/nervous and passionate about any project before. This has been a dream of mine since I was a young kid, and it was only recently that I realized how achievable that dream is: to be a part of a comic book film.

Again I thank you for your time and I hope you help me and my team see this project through.

Thanks,

Attachment: apoc 2012 comic con.jpg
This has been downloaded 109 time(s).

By: Juk

Old Post Jul 17th, 2012 07:29 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Damn dude, you're doing pretty much what I've always wanted to do.

I really hope you guys make it succeed, and I'm going to seriously consider adding to the pot.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 18th, 2012 04:32 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-

I really hope you guys make it succeed, and I'm going to seriously consider adding to the pot.

Thanks man, every little bit helps to get it done. Also, I really would love to have input from you guys. I feel this site has some really valuable information to offer, especially members like you. I can tell you we're busting our butts to make it happen, and we have some really high quality professionals attached to the project. We're def trying to make something special for the fans who deserve a GREAT X-Men film.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2012 01:17 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The only thing I have to say is this: Be faithful to Cyclops. If you do that, you'll have a fan in me. stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 18th, 2012 01:23 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

thumb up

How are you guys planning on marketing this thing out?

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jul 18th, 2012 08:00 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Originally posted by Blair Wind
thumb up

How are you guys planning on marketing this thing out?

Online: Facebook, Twitter, email, blogs, comic book forums, word of mouth, and directing everyone to our site www.jointheultimatebattle.com.

We have a few marketing experts and consultants helping us out, plus some professional bloggers.

Physically: We went to Comic Con 2012 (big hit see pic attached), Art Walk in downtown L.A, Canoga Park festival, and we're doing a fundraiser in Miami.

We've made shirts, flyers, wrist bands with the bar code for the website and have been passing them out everywhere we go.

We're definitely open to any advice.

Attachment: apoc 2012 comic con 2.jpg
This has been downloaded 71 time(s).

Old Post Jul 20th, 2012 01:14 PM
nimbus006
Accuser

Originally posted by -Pr-

thumb up

Old Post Jul 20th, 2012 01:18 PM
nimbus006
Accuser

Update:

Video at Comic Con 2012: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rw2h68OrM4

To see more visit: www.jointheultimatebattle.com

Old Post Jul 20th, 2012 06:44 PM
nimbus006
Accuser

More Updates:

Hey all, check out the link below and read how RISE got started.

Thanks,

http://risemovie.tumblr.com/post/27...ointment-action

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 05:08 PM
nimbus006
Accuser

It's Monday morning everyone, RISE and join the battle at: www.jointheultimatebattle.com

Attachment: mutant equality.jpg
This has been downloaded 63 time(s).

Old Post Jul 30th, 2012 02:01 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

nice.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 30th, 2012 05:57 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Nice choice for Jean.

And that Poccy is freakin cool.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2012 06:36 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Thanks guys, here is the exclusive teaser trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJEg...eature=youtu.be

Let me know what you think!

Old Post Aug 8th, 2012 07:09 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

thumb up

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 8th, 2012 08:09 PM