KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Reviews » Resident Evil: Apocalypse

Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Started by: forumcrew

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
forumcrew

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

Saw this movie tonight... and I gotta say it was better then I expected (I thought the first was ok nothin great) and I didnt figure much more from this.. but it turned out much better then the first.

It has plenty of make you jumpe type of moments, some even scarier ones for the easily frightened, some nudity, gore, lots of action, and the big suprise it has several parts that are aboslutely hillarious (thanks soly to Mike Epps) The plot developed pretty well and everything made sense.. although im a little unsure of the end (not what happened just if i liked it or not) I will say its left open for RE 3

Bottom Line definantly an entertaining movie worth checking out.. much better then stuff thats been out recently like say AVP..
8/10

heres the basic plot for those that arnt sure about it..

Resident Evil: Apocalyse begins where the first film left off, with Alice in the heart of the ravaged and deadly Raccoon City. She has been subjected to biogenetic experimentation by the vast Umbrella Corporation and become genetically altered, with super-human strengths, senses and dexterity. These skills, and more, will be needed if anyone is to remain alive. Alice is joined by Jill Valentine (Sienna Guillory), a recently demoted member of Umbrella Corp's elite Special Tactics and Rescue Services (S.T.A.R.S.), Terri Morales (Sandrine Holt, Carlos Oliviera (Oded Fehr), L.J. (Mike Epps), and Nicholai (Zack Ward) who must survive and escape what is quickly becoming a City of the Dead. To reach their goal, they will need to battle their way through the relentless onslaught of the ravenous undead, as well as Umbrella forces and terrifying bioengineered weapons, the most deadly of which is the colossal, heavily armed assassin, Nemesis

Last edited by forumcrew on Sep 10th, 2004 at 05:57 AM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2004 05:51 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Im watching it tonight, i didnt knew Mike Epps was in it, that guy is hillarious, more reason for me to watch it.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2004 08:38 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

yea it was a great casting move putting him in this role.. he really added a lot of extra to the movie

Old Post Sep 10th, 2004 08:41 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

this movie looks like such shit.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2004 08:50 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Ive just seen this movie a couple of hours ago, it wasnt great but it wasnt bad either, i thought it was kinda short, they still didnt explain anything about the Lickers(wallcrawling monsters), the Tyrant(called Nemesis) looked to cartoony for my taste even though i like his gatling gun and Mike Epps i felt he was out of place in this movie, he had a minimal role even though his one liners were pretty funny as usual and I\i thought Jill was looking too pretty for the movie but Damn she cute, i liked the running on the side of the building scene, while it looked fake as hell it was enjoyable and the ending was too confusing overall i think if you wanna kill 1 1/2 go watch this movie!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 03:32 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

I'm seeing it tomorrow at 2:50 with my friend, I can't wait, I'm going to love it so damn much! Jill to! big grin

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 06:10 AM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Jill is to damn fine but my favorite critics(Ebert and Ropert) gave the movie bad reviews, 1/2star, sad

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 02:55 PM
mauler
Jedi Shadow

Hmm--- this movie looks impressive evil face

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 03:09 PM
mauler is currently offline Click here to Send mauler a Private Message Find more posts by mauler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Ebert and Roeper's reviews mean nothing to me. I'll be there tomorrow to see it for myself, as always encourage others to do.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 05:21 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

This movie looks so bad, I was going to see it last night but decided against it. Considering how awful and stupid the first one is, I really doubt the second one will pull it up from the sewer.

I guess I'm still a bit bitter because I know how great the original movie could have been with their original director - George Romero. I read his script for the movie, and it sounded awesome as hell.

But instead of making a good zombie movie, I guess they wanted to go the way of idiocy with some girl karate kicking dogs during slow motion Matrix like action scenes. Garbage.

I'll spend my money going to see Garden State.

Last edited by BackFire on Sep 11th, 2004 at 06:55 PM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 06:53 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cine-Fan
Restricted

Account Restricted

The first movie pulled off what the games did.It combined action with tense zombies scenes and I thought it was great.BTW,Resident Evil was never intended to be a horror movie.

But I could care less what other people or critics say so ill be seeing this tonight and will judge after I see it like any good movie fan would do.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 07:09 PM
Cine-Fan is currently offline Click here to Send Cine-Fan a Private Message Find more posts by Cine-Fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@F1
Tomato Crisps

The game was alot scarier. I read Romeros script, it was so much better and closer to the game than the actual RE movie.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 07:52 PM
@F1 is currently offline Click here to Send @F1 a Private Message Find more posts by @F1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Saw it, loved it, going again, Jill was gorguess, super sexy, Alice was there so that sucked, but it was amazing.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2004 03:58 AM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I will be seeing this when it's out here. Looks fun. Enjoyed the first one.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2004 01:53 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

I dont base my judgement of the movie solely bye Ebert/Ropert reviews, the movie itself its not that great, i thought the first one was better, like i said before the Nemesis didnt do anything for me, just too fake, Mike Epps was underused and wasted in this movie even though pretty much everything he said was funny, Jill looked tooooo pretty for this movie, not that i mind but it seemed her make up never ran out, the movie was kinda short and if anybody can explain to me how in the hell Alice knew about the trouble in the church please let me know.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2004 03:45 PM
forumcrew

well i agree it wasnt that great of a movie.. but it is entertainign.. the nemesis actually looked a lot like it did in the game.. its a movie jill should be pretty.. and allice has hightened senses (she knew nemesis was around before they saw him) and she can see the infection so perhaps she saw a bunch of them in the church and she could tell there were non-infected people around? or maybe she just hates stained glass and wanted to wreck the window

Old Post Sep 12th, 2004 09:01 PM
millie-mione

I loved this movie! I expected it to suck sour milk like Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban did ( still crying over the waste of good hard-saved money ***boo-hoo***), but to my amusement and great pleasure, it did all that its trailer promised that it would. I saw purely aimed and decisive ass-kicking. I loved the fact that the heroes put their money where their mouths were. I really grew on Alice even more than I did in the first movie. It's great to see that women can lead without bitchy attitudes or acting like their PMS fuels that stand beside themselves(i.e., the first Mortal Kombat's Sonia Blade). I can't wait to see where the next movie goes with this 'Super Alice' direction. Happy Dance

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 01:38 AM
millie-mione is currently offline Click here to Send millie-mione a Private Message Find more posts by millie-mione Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rox

what did yall think of mike epps [SPOILER - highlight to read]: joining stars at the end

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 03:00 AM
rox is currently offline Click here to Send rox a Private Message Find more posts by rox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

Will there be a squel?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 01:13 AM
ZomBiE_HunTER is currently offline Click here to Send ZomBiE_HunTER a Private Message Find more posts by ZomBiE_HunTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

Boo! This movie wasn't half as good as I expected. The plot was too weak, repeated the first, and where the hell was Chris & Claire Redfield and Leon S. Kennedy? These 3 make of the bulk of RE as a saga. Jill Valentine was a weak character, and second to Alice, and whom I still don't where she fits into the original storyline of RE. I've never heard of her. And Rebecca's father -- wasn't he Nemesis or something equivant in RE2? A poor attempt at a sequel. I'll stick to the games and novels.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 02:54 AM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote