KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Black Hawk Down

Black Hawk Down
Started by: Thomas H

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Thomas H

Black Hawk Down

Hello people, are anybody of you waiting for the new Bruckheimer and Ridley Scott movie Black Hawk Down?
I just cant wait, it seems to be a VERy good movie.
If anyone are interested about this prjocect you can vistit one of the best sites I have ever seen, www.bruckheimer.n3.net
There are lots of Black Hawk Down news there, and also, a lot of other news and a great messageboard.
I hope I see you there smile
Plus I want to wish everybody a merry christmas and a happy new year.
www.bruckheimer.n3.net

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2001 07:44 PM
Thomas H is currently offline Click here to Send Thomas H a Private Message Find more posts by Thomas H Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machine
Open Your Eyes

bruckheimer sucks thats all i have to say about that

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2001 04:04 AM
Machine is currently offline Click here to Send Machine a Private Message Find more posts by Machine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I'm sick of military war type movies, there are like 5 coming out in the next few months roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2001 07:40 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machine
Open Your Eyes

oh my there are a couple crappy "war is bad" kind of movies the ones that show as much action as possible then turn around and try to lay down some BS about war is sad .why do they bring them all out around the same time god black hawk down ,we were soldiers , and like three others i forgot about but i know are coming out .damn they will suck ass

Last edited by Machine on Dec 23rd, 2001 at 08:11 PM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2001 08:06 PM
Machine is currently offline Click here to Send Machine a Private Message Find more posts by Machine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I think if you're going to see a war movie this is the one to see...it's got the cast..and it's not all...glossy.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 04:14 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machine
Open Your Eyes

the cast should never matter people never make a movie better or worth seeing

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 06:06 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

most war movies are hypoctricical of themselves, and ridley scott sucks horribly.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 07:07 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Actually I think most people would agree that the talent of the actor is one of the keys to a good movie..along with a good plot..they have to be able to deliver the performance.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 05:04 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thomas H

Well, dont get angry at me for trying to tell you people about this movie, i THINK all of you should take a look at the trailer, its very good.
Bruckheimer rocks.
This movie is going to take home a couple of oscars to...I belive and hope big grin
More info at www.bruckheimer.n3.net

Old Post Dec 25th, 2001 08:43 PM
Thomas H is currently offline Click here to Send Thomas H a Private Message Find more posts by Thomas H Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thomas H

This movie has it all if you ask me..a great plot, great actors, a great and respected director the same for the producers.
Cant wait to see this movie.
Visit www.bruckheimer.n3.net for more info

Old Post Dec 25th, 2001 08:46 PM
Zed

Talk about blatant advertising laughing out loud

C'mon if really want to see an anti-war movie its gotta be Apocalypse Now, or the newly released Redux version.

Ridley Scott is a good director, but the situation he is tryin to deal with is very complex. And as he's a "Hollywood Director" he's obviously going to make the Americans look good.

Well using the Americans as hero in this movie isn't a good idea, as the Americans tend to start more wars, and so have to make more anti-war movies.roll eyes (sarcastic)

I don't think that this is really relevant, but I read somewhere that the character that Ewan McGregor plays is now actually a convicted pedophile.

Anyway I think its gonna be a Pearl Harbour type of movie, use a situation thats extremly close to the Americans and that should sell tickets.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2001 09:16 PM
Zed is currently offline Click here to Send Zed a Private Message Find more posts by Zed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thomas H

Thats right Ewan McGregor playes. John Stebbins, in the movie McGregors name is Grimes.
The army asked the produsers to change the name.
John Stebbins is sitting in the millitary prison called Fort Levhenwort or something.
I am not advertising anything, I am just saying that i am looking forward to this movie..anything wrong with that?
PS Have a merry christmas and a happy new year everybody. rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Dec 25th, 2001 09:47 PM
Thomas H

Hello Zed
Have you read the book?
If you havent I advice you to read it.
Offcoure it is going to be a little bit patriotic! But the point with this movie is to see how hard it is to be a soldier, its a true story.
There is going to very bad scenes in the movie, I have heard, so I guess its going to be a little bit like Saving Private Ryan.
evil face smokin'

Old Post Dec 25th, 2001 09:56 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

its going to be one of those movies that glorify war.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2001 11:05 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zed

My beef with Bruckhiemer and his Hollywood buddies is that they will make a movie about anything as long as it makes them money.

I have not got anything about them making movies, mainstream or not. As they have made some good movies.

They just keep on reguritating the same stuff over and over again. They make a good movie and so they have to make another just slightly different. They should be more original.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2001 01:15 AM
Zed is currently offline Click here to Send Zed a Private Message Find more posts by Zed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machine
Open Your Eyes

oh my to many war movies their is harts war ,we were soldiers ,charlotte gary ,black hawk down and they all come out within two months of each other

hollywood diretor or not ridley scott just plain sucks

Old Post Dec 26th, 2001 06:47 AM
Zed

He was and still is an advertising director says it all

Old Post Dec 26th, 2001 09:11 PM
Thomas H

For the first what is the point with making a movie without earning any money, offcourse they are making this movie to earn money. Its their job.
And for Ridley Scott, call himm whatever you want to but he is a great director!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How any of you people seen Gladiator? The movie is great!
PS, are there anyone here who are going to see Black Hawk Down?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2001 03:48 PM
Thomas H

Anyway, what kind of movies do you guys like, becaus it seems to me that all of you hate Ridley Scott and Jerry Bruckheimer. So tell me what movies do you like??????????????????????????????

Old Post Dec 27th, 2001 03:52 PM
Thomas H

For all of the people how think this is a Hollywood movie read this!

| Cast Members Jason Isaacs, and Tom Sizemore talk Black Hawk Down. From Reuters:
The movie was shot in Morocco -- Somalia still being too anarchic a nation to host an international movie crew. The actors, including lead player Josh Hartnett, spent several weeks in military boot camps before shooting began and also met with some of the soldiers they were to portray.

For both actors and soldiers, it proved a surprising experience.

``I found myself overawed with a sense of responsibility to tell the story without showing off. Actors are all about showing off, but this time it was about getting ourselves out of the way and letting the story tell itself,'' said Jason Isaacs, a British actor who plays Ranger Captain Mike Steele.

Retired Special Forces Col. Lee Van Arsdale ( a military advisor who took part in the 1993 Somalia mission) said he was ``half-way expecting something Hollywood -- effete liberals and all that. But these guys were fantastic. They were totally committed to getting it right.''

Getting it right, for the actors, meant stepping into the boots of soldiers whose motto ``leave no man behind'' became a creed that transcended their individual fears.

``The movie is about heroism and bravery and the anatomy of battle, not the anatomy of personality which is the typical Hollywood fare. Ridley Scott said he wanted to make a movie about the foreground, not the background,'' said Tom Sizemore, who plays Lt. Col. Danny McKnight, the Ranger who went back into the fray repeatedly to try to save his men.

``In a firefight, no one has a moment to look cool, to smoke a cigarette and say 'Hey! Look at me.' This is not a Hollywood movie. It is a very, very serious movie,'' Sizemore said.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2001 04:13 PM