KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman

Joker would have been better casted as Steve Buscemi?... or Jack Nickelson?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Jack Nickelson (no intro nessicary) 8 57.14%
Steve Buscemi (Pulp Fiction, Armageddon, Airheads, Escape from L.A., Con Air) 2 14.29%
other? 4 28.57%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Batman
Started by: odin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
odin
Senior Fancy-Pants

Cool Batman

seeing the spot for Batman 5 brought something back to my attention..

I love Jack Nicolson... don't get me wrong. But I think he never should have played the Joker. Someone thinner, more psycho looking.... personally.. I think Steve Buscemi would have made an awsome Joker.

and in the following 2...... (II and III)they should have kept it more gothic. not so...... ehh... I don't know....

what you think?

"Video games don't effect children...If Pac-Man effected us as children we'd all we running around dark rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music."

.... sounds like a rave ;o)

Last edited by odin on Dec 1st, 2003 at 12:22 PM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 12:11 PM
odin is currently offline Click here to Send odin a Private Message Find more posts by odin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ryshtyanna

I was disappointed in all the Batman movies. In my opinion, each one missed their mark when it came to telling the story behind this caped crusader. Then again, I always feel the movie version of anything is never quite as good as the books.

In all honesty, I think Jim Carey would have made an excellent Joker. Okay, so he was the Riddler, but I think Jim Carey would have done the Joker role extremely well. As mentioned, someone thinner than Jack Nicholson and more diabolical looking would have been the better ticket.

Remember Mask? Can you imagine if someone like Jim Carey played the Joker? Oh, that would have been something.

A character like the Joker should have been played by someone who could pull off that rubber-faced look. Of all the comics I've read where Joker has been part of the storyline, I kept visualizing this crazed maniac as someone with multiple faces upon each new mood or scheme.

If not Jim Carey, then my next pick would be James Woods. Okay, he doesn't do the rubber-faced look like Jim does, but have you seen how diabolical this guy can look? This is someone who is capable of pulling off multiple personalities, which I believe is what sums up the Joker. Also, James' physique would have matched Joker's. This guy would have made an awesome Joker if he was given the chance.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 07:31 AM
Ryshtyanna is currently offline Click here to Send Ryshtyanna a Private Message Find more posts by Ryshtyanna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

Nicholson can cackle and he has an abnormally wide mouth! Both essential for the Joker!

I think Jim Carrey would have been interesting in the role though...

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 03:51 AM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

While Jack Nicholson didn't fit the bill physically, he was perfect personality wise. The complete randomness and audacity of his actions, and his nonchalant reaction to everything cracks me up every time

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 05:09 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

I love the first batman. "party man...you ever seeeeeeeen"

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 11:21 PM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

"You're insane!"
"Aw, come on, I thought I was Pisces."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 05:15 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batmanrules

even though jack nicholson was probably as good as it gets, i think that andrew coening would give an evenly good proformance

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 01:28 AM
batmanrules is currently offline Click here to Send batmanrules a Private Message Find more posts by batmanrules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

I watched the first Batman film last night and I just found Jack Nicholson utterly annoying as the joker. I think he went to far with the laughing and insanely made set pieces.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 12:11 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

That's the point, he's supposed to go too far

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 06:25 AM
Marcellus
executioner

you could hire the joker himself to play him in a movie...but jack can do it better,hes the greatest. steve is also awsome but he looks nothing at all like the joker.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 06:37 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

steve buscemi would be better as scare crow or the mad hatter...

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 01:51 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Yeah, Buscemi would make a great Scarecrow

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 06:22 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

there is only one joker:

MARK HAMILL

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 08:19 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sandman26
old but new

quote:
Originally posted by Ryshtyanna
I was disappointed in all the Batman movies. In my opinion, each one missed their mark when it came to telling the story behind this caped crusader. Then again, I always feel the movie version of anything is never quite as good as the books.

In all honesty, I think Jim Carey would have made an excellent Joker. Okay, so he was the Riddler, but I think Jim Carey would have done the Joker role extremely well. As mentioned, someone thinner than Jack Nicholson and more diabolical looking would have been the better ticket.

Remember Mask? Can you imagine if someone like Jim Carey played the Joker? Oh, that would have been something.

A character like the Joker should have been played by someone who could pull off that rubber-faced look. Of all the comics I've read where Joker has been part of the storyline, I kept visualizing this crazed maniac as someone with multiple faces upon each new mood or scheme.

If not Jim Carey, then my next pick would be James Woods. Okay, he doesn't do the rubber-faced look like Jim does, but have you seen how diabolical this guy can look? This is someone who is capable of pulling off multiple personalities, which I believe is what sums up the Joker. Also, James' physique would have matched Joker's. This guy would have made an awesome Joker if he was given the chance.

i completely agree with you they never captured the coolness of batman or his battle against evil they made the later ones little kids movies while the first i still think was the best (and the hottest woman i might add).

Old Post Jan 10th, 2004 11:10 PM
sandman26 is currently offline Click here to Send sandman26 a Private Message Find more posts by sandman26 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote