KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » What are your favorite 1970's bands.

What are your favorite 1970's bands.
Started by: debbiejo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
debbiejo
Dreamer

What are your favorite 1970's bands.

Well do any of ever listen to the 70's bands......there are some really cool ones....what are your favorits....

For me there is Rush, Yes, Ted Nugent, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Who, Steppenwolf, Frampton., AC/DC, Bad company, BTO, Jimmy Hendrix, Led Zeppelin.......Oh, soooooooooo many......

What are yours?

Last edited by debbiejo on Nov 9th, 2005 at 11:37 PM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 11:29 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

<------and the Brown Dirt Cowboy

Captain Jack/Billy the Kid

Ziggy Stardust & the Spiders from Mars

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 11:37 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

And Tom Petty and ZZ Top....Oh great songs the 70's

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 11:41 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

top petty rules

have you heard 'in the dark of the sun'?

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 11:45 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Yeah....lots of his stuff, but Like "Break Down"..he had some good tunes.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 11:47 PM
Deano

learning to fly is my fav

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 11:57 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Todd Rondgren is good too, Black Feet, and Raiders, Van Halen, Nazareth, Lynard Skynard, Cat Stevens...Wish they played them more often...good songs.....Many are made into remakes now....See they were good!

Last edited by debbiejo on Nov 10th, 2005 at 12:12 AM

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 12:06 AM
Deano

the good old days.. when i wasnt alive

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 12:09 AM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deano
the good old days.. when i wasnt alive

I've always found that interesting. A majority of the music I listen to was recorded before I was alive. I was born at the end of '79...but the vast majority of my musical interests were 60s and 70s artists. They're also mostly British.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 12:24 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

Originally posted by debbiejo
Well do any of ever listen to the 70's bands......there are some really cool ones....what are your favorits....

For me there is Rush, Yes, Ted Nugent, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Who, Steppenwolf, Frampton., AC/DC, Bad company, BTO, Jimmy Hendrix, Led Zeppelin.......Oh, soooooooooo many......

What are yours?

Mine are : AC/DC, Queen,Who,Def Leppard,Kiss,Beatles (even though they were out before the 70's I still like the work they did in the 70's). I like some of Led Zepplins songs. hmm thats all I can think of right now.

but did you ever see the movie 'School of Rock'? That movie is awesome, it mentions alot of the bands you have listed.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 01:29 AM
Sweet Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Apparently there is another galaxy outside this one, with a forum in it devoted solely to music.

I don't believe it myself.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 02:32 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Re: What are your favorite 1970's bands.

Originally posted by debbiejo
Jimmy Hendrix

Actually, Jimi Died in 1970. So technically, he's more 60's.

Damn good guitar player though.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 02:35 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: What are your favorite 1970's bands.

Originally posted by Mandorallen
Damn good guitar player though.

That's like saying Lance Armstrong has a passable immune system.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 02:52 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Raven Guardia
Mine are : AC/DC, Queen,Who,Def Leppard,Kiss,Beatles (even though they were out before the 70's I still like the work they did in the 70's). I like some of Led Zepplins songs. hmm thats all I can think of right now.

but did you ever see the movie 'School of Rock'? That movie is awesome, it mentions alot of the bands you have listed.

AC/DC and Def Leppard are from the 80's

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 02:54 AM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Re: Re: Re: What are your favorite 1970's bands.

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
That's like saying Lance Armstrong has a passable immune system.

-AC

Perhaps. I'm bold enough to say he is the greatest live guitar player ever.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 03:18 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I don't know of any 1970's bands...I hardly listen to music

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 03:26 AM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

Originally posted by PVS
AC/DC and Def Leppard are from the 80's

Wrong.

AC/DC in June 1974 "Can I sit next to you" was issued in Nov 1974 they had there first recorded album "High Voltage"

Def Leppard in 1978 they did local gigs, in 1979 they got a Recording deal.

It took place fairly close to the 80's and they did most their greatest work in the 80's but they started in the 70's

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 03:44 AM
Sweet Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not about when bands formed, per se. It's about the eras in which they were peaking or most recognisable.

This is, as PVS said, the 80's.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 03:57 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
It's not about when bands formed, per se. It's about the eras in which they were peaking or most recognisable.

This is, as PVS said, the 80's.

-AC

http://www.acdcrocks.com/ go there click enter, the click time line at top and view it.

as for def leppard they have a website too, just view the bios it gives all the info.

like I said earlier they made it big in the 80's but the starting point was the 70's.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 04:03 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Raven Guardia
http://www.acdcrocks.com/ go there click enter, the click time line at top and view it.

as for def leppard they have a website too, just view the bios it gives all the info.

like I said earlier they made it big in the 80's but the starting point was the 70's.

I said in my previous post:

"It's not about when bands formed, per se. It's about the eras in which they were peaking or most recognisable.

This is, as PVS said, the 80's."

To which you replied:

"like I said earlier they made it big in the 80's but the starting point was the 70's."

Exactly. Starting points isn't the issue, when they were peaking, is the issue. This was, as all three of us know, the 80's.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 04:19 AM