KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » The Official Naruto series Thread

The Official Naruto series Thread
Started by: chokobo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (1600): « First ... « 1498 1499 [1500] 1501 1502 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AuraAngel
Hegemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Based
Not really. There's a fine line in giving Sasuke Amaterasu postmortem and bringing yourself back to life with a timed Izanagi.

I didn't say it was a good reference since yeah I don't really know how one can make a dead body use a technique like that.

Also page 1500.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2014 01:14 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by AuraAngel
I didn't say it was a good reference since yeah I don't really know how one can make a dead body use a technique like that.

Also page 1500.

Same way Edo Tensei bodies use chakra and have a never ending reserve? Or chakra can contain sapience?

Kishi's writing doesn't always make sense.

~ Also, Madara vs. Hashirama part 1 is animated. Gotta say I expected better art and animation.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 20th, 2014 02:00 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamiel

Knew someone was on that cliff. And the Shinigami and Kaguya connection is even more obvious after this chapter. Kaguya's will rewrote the Uchiha tablet and that was needed to activate the Shinigami mask.

Now since Kaguya is the juubi, that means the Tailed Beast came from her. Thus she should have Son Goku's lava release and Shukaku's magnet release, which are both bloodline limits like the sharingan and byakugan. So like the Uchiha and Hyuga clan anyone with these two KKG are related to her. So the list of Kaguya's descendants are now:

Uchiha clan
Senju clan
Uzumaki clan
Hyuga clan
Gold and silver brothers
Mei(lava release)
Kurotsuchi(lava release)
Dodai (lava release)
Toroi(magnet release)
Third Kazekage(magnet release)
Fourth Kazekage(magnet release)
Gaara(offspring of Fourth Kazekage)
Termari(offspring of Fourth Kazekage)
Kankuro(offspring of Fourth Kazekage)

Last edited by Zamiel on Jun 20th, 2014 at 02:14 AM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2014 02:04 AM
Zamiel is currently offline Click here to Send Zamiel a Private Message Find more posts by Zamiel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Same way Edo Tensei bodies use chakra and have a never ending reserve? Or chakra can contain sapience?

~ Also, Madara vs. Hashirama part 1 is animated. Gotta say I expected better art and animation.

Maybe the eye was still alive while being set on a timer independent from the rest of Madara...maybe.

Yeah that's almost as disappointing as the animated Afternoon Tiger: scratch that it is equally as disappointing considering the scale of the fight.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2014 02:11 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yungz22
In shrouded judgement

Originally posted by Based
Not really. There's a fine line in giving Sasuke Amaterasu postmortem and bringing yourself back to life with a timed Izanagi.

Yea especially if kishi made it seem like itachi implanted amaterasu into sasuke using a transfer jutsu that worked by putting his fingers on sasukes forehead

We are True Avengers

Old Post Jun 20th, 2014 02:15 AM
yungz22 is currently offline Click here to Send yungz22 a Private Message Find more posts by yungz22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I thought the art and animation was fine. The problem was the whole thing being 3 minutes. You don't really get a sense of the scale of the battle and the moves.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2014 02:40 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

To each his own.

However, the three minutes thing is really the fault of the manga. I disliked the way Kishi went about that flashback.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 20th, 2014 03:15 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

I thought the anime would add filler content like they did with Madara's revival. I'm pretty sure they just showed the entire fight just to have an entire episode be about Madara and Hashirama's summer time love.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2014 04:21 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

To each his own.

However, the three minutes thing is really the fault of the manga. I disliked the way Kishi went about that flashback.

The Hashirama flashback was indeed rather weak in the manga because of how Kishi showed it but the fight itself is pretty damn epic. This has more to do with the inherent differences in media though.

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I thought the anime would add filler content like they did with Madara's revival. I'm pretty sure they just showed the entire fight just to have an entire episode be about Madara and Hashirama's summer time love.

This sadly seems to be the case. In an attempt to simply directly present the manga material they mistakenly ignore the fundamental differences between the page and the screen.

For instance observe this page. It is suitably epic for a battle between god like men but the point is the page is interrupted. It will not go anywhere until one wants to turn it. We the readers are allowed to appreciate the size of the proceedings at our leisure.

Animation is of course difference. The director decides when the viewer has seen enough of an image(or in the case of Evangelion is too poor to fill the gap and thus must hold on an image to save cash) and so they have to use different techniques. Additional images, different angles, additional dialogue, music, blah blah blah. Less than 20 seconds is spent on this scenes equivalent in the anime even though it is clear the fight is entering a higher scale. Compare that with Madara's meteor drop where not only do we get to see more build up but we see more of the aftermath.

The animators are burning through chapters. My guess is they have a good idea for a filler down the line so they don't have to worry about catching up to the manga.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2014 04:38 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Shit, now I'm confused. The two different translations of the last chapter have completely polar opposite meanings.

The mangastream scantalation has been far more reliable in the past as far as grammar, clarity, and lack of mistakes--However, this time I'm not so sure. It says in that version that Kaguya created the Juubi to amass power to disperse between her sons. While it's contradictory to how she usually acts, it would explain her bitterness about her children sealing her away.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2014 06:22 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka

I wish they had added filler content as well. Maybe the beginning of the VotE battle; Kishi also left out a sizeable chunk of the fight too.

Then again, maybe the animation team won't be able to do justice to the part of the fight we didn't see. Maybe even Kishi couldn't, lol.
The Madara revival was done extremely well in the anime though. I remember thinking that Madara's first usage of Mokuton in the anime was really epic. It captured the sense of dread that the remainder of the Alliance must have felt.

This has more to do with the inherent differences in media though.

True.

But I still think the art and the animation was not that great, not for a scene of this calibre in the manga. That little VotE fight scene in one of the games was of a higher quality than what we we've been shown in the anime so far.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Shit, now I'm confused. The two different translations of the last chapter have completely polar opposite meanings.

The mangastream scantalation has been far more reliable in the past as far as grammar, clarity, and lack of mistakes--However, this time I'm not so sure. It says in that version that Kaguya created the Juubi to amass power to disperse between her sons. While it's contradictory to how she usually acts, it would explain her bitterness about her children sealing her away.

The Mangastream version has sometimes been 'off' for a few weeks now (iirc, ever since the second chapter of Hagoromo's appearance).
But they both have mistakes.

Better off waiting for the official Viz translation.

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Jun 20th, 2014 at 03:42 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2014 03:28 PM
wakkawakkawakka

This sadly seems to be the case. In an attempt to simply directly present the manga material they mistakenly ignore the fundamental differences between the page and the screen.

For instance observe this page. It is suitably epic for a battle between god like men but the point is the page is interrupted. It will not go anywhere until one wants to turn it. We the readers are allowed to appreciate the size of the proceedings at our leisure.

Animation is of course difference. The director decides when the viewer has seen enough of an image(or in the case of Evangelion is too poor to fill the gap and thus must hold on an image to save cash) and so they have to use different techniques. Additional images, different angles, additional dialogue, music, blah blah blah. Less than 20 seconds is spent on this scenes equivalent in the anime even though it is clear the fight is entering a higher scale. Compare that with Madara's meteor drop where not only do we get to see more build up but we see more of the aftermath.

The animators are burning through chapters. My guess is they have a good idea for a filler down the line so they don't have to worry about catching up to the manga.

The animators could'Ve still did something other than make the godly battle look bland. I mean they threw Sarutobi a bone during the Kushina flashback and then there's Madara's revival. Heck they even got the Perfect Susanoo reveal decently so I just think it pretty lame to cut corners on this fight. Then again even Kishi didn't do much with it and focused on the more boring parts of the flashback.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2014 04:16 PM
Q99

Ratings update-

Stats:

SSSS
Kaguya Otsutsuki

SSS+
Madara Uchiha (Juubi Jinchuuriki, two rinnegan)

SSS
Madara Uchiha (Juubi Jinchuuriki, one rinnegan)
Naruto Uzumaki (Six Paths Yang)
Obito (Juubi Jinchuuriki)
Sasuke Uchiha (Six Paths Yin)

SSS-
Juubi (Incomplete)
Might Gai (8 Gates)

SS+
Madara Uchiha (living w/ Rinnegan + Wood + Sage mode)^
Naruto Uzumaki (Kurama partnership with Power Lending/Sage Chakra)

SS
Hashirama^
Madara Uchiha (EMS only / ET with Rinnegan + Wood)^
Naruto Uzumaki (Full Partnership)
Obito (Jinchuuriki Paths)^

SS-
Kurama (Full power)
Minato Namikaze (Jinchuuriki)
Nagato (Pain or Solo)
Sasuke Uchiha (EMS)
Tobirama (Edo)* (Tobirama is the only Edo that gets a separate ranking, because he has edo-specific jutsu like his giant repeat blow-up explosion)

S+
Itachi Uchiha
Izuna Uchiha
Gedō Mazō
Gyūki
Kabuto Yakushi (Post-Merged Sage)*
Killerbee
Minato Namikaze
Mito Uzumaki
Muu
Naruto Uzumaki (Kyuubi chakra mode)
Obito (Sharingan only)^
Onoki
Sasuke Uchiha (Complete Susano'o)
Second Mizukage
Third Raikage
Tobirama (alive)
Yagura

S
A (Raikage)
Danzo (with implant jutsu)
Deidara
Deva Path (Yahiko/Pain)
Fū (Jinchuuriki)
Gaara (Kage)
Jiraiya
Han
Kakashi Hatake (Mastered Kamui)
Kakuzu
Kisame Hoshigaki (with Samehada)
Konan*
Kushina Uzumaki
Manda II
Mei Terumi
Might Gai (part 2)
Naruto Uzumaki (Sage Mode)*
Orochimaru*
Roshi
Sandaime Kazekage (3rd)
Sasori
Sasuke Uchiha (Orochimaru merge/mangekyo w/incomplete susano'o)
Shukaku
Tsunade
Utakata
Yondaime Kazekage (4th)
Yugito Nii

S-
Chiyo
Dan Katō
Danzo (without implant jutsu)
Darui
Fukasaku
Ginkaku
Hidan
Hiruzen Sarutobi (Old)
Kakashi Hatake (start of part 2)
Kimimaro Kaguya (healthy)
Kinkaku
Kisame Hoshigaki (without Samehada)
Kitsuchi
Mangetsu Hōzuki (Swords)
Mifune
Might Dai (8 Gates)
Sakura Haruno (Yin seal)
Sasuke Uchiha (start of part 2)
Shima
Shisui Uchiha
Zetsu (Black half or Complete)

*These characters have jutsu that require specific preparation that can't be done mid combat but increase their ability significantly, such as Edo Tensei, preparing multiple sage-mode charges, or readying unusual amounts of explosive tags.

^These characters have high-level Biju control of tailed beasts outside of their bodies.

A+
Animal Path (Pain)
Asuma Sarutobi
Asura Path (Pain)
Enma
Hiashi Hyuuga
Ibuse the Salamander
Jūgo
Kabuto Yakushi
Kakashi Hatake (part 1)
Kimimaro Kaguya (sick)
Mangetsu Hōzuki (No swords)
Might Gai (part 1)
Multi-Headed Dog
Suigetsu Hōzuki
Suikazan Fuguki (Samehada)
Yamato
Zabuza Momochi

A
Ao
Baki
Baku
Dodai
Fū (ANBU)
Gaara (Sasuke Retrieval)
Gamabunta
Gari
Giant Clam
Hizashi Hyuuga
Human Path (Pain)
Kankurō (with Sasori puppet)
Katsuyu
Killer Bee (Young, Minato fight)
Kurenai Yuhi
Kurotsuchi
Manda
Munashi Jinpachi
Naruto Uzumaki (post elemental training)
Neji Hyuuga (part 2)
Pakura
Ringo Ameyuri
Sasori (Sans puppet arsenal)
Torune

A-
C
Chōjūrō
Chōji Akimichi (Asuma Fight)
Chōza Akimichi
Gamahiro
Gamaken
Inoichi Yamanaka
Jinin Akebino
Kushimaru Kuriarare
Kakko (Kakashi Gaiden)
Naruto Uzumaki (start of part 2)
Preta Path (Pain)
Sai (post-emotions)
Shibi Aburame
Shikaku Nara
Shizune
Suikazan Fuguki (No sword)
Temari (start of part 2)

B+
Drill-Beaked Bird
Genma Shiranui
Haku
Ibiki Morino
Ino Yamanaka (4th Shinobi War)
Ittan
Kakashi Hatake (Kakashi Gaiden)
Kankurō (as of Sasori fight)
Mahiru
Naraka Path (Pain)
Naruto Uzumaki (One Tail)
Rock Lee (part 2)
Sai (start)
Sakura Haruno (part 2)
Sasuke Uchiha (VotE)
Shikamaru Nara (4th Shinobi War)
Snake-Tailed Chameleon

B
Anko Mitarashi
Gaara (Chuunin Exam)
Giant Crab/Ox/Panda/Rhino
Hinata Hyuuga (4th Shinobi War)
Kamatari
Kankurō (Sasuke Retrieval)
Kiba Inazuka (4th Shinobi War)
Omoi
Sakon/Ukon
Shino Aburame (part 2)
Shikamaru Nara (part 2)
Taiseki (Kakashi Gaiden)
Temari (Sasuke Retrieval)
Three Great Snakes
Toroi
Tsume Inuzuka

B-
Aoba Yamashiro
Chōji Akimichi (start of part 2)
Doki
Giant Centipedes
Hayate Gekkō
Hinata Hyuuga (part 2)
Jirōbō
Kabuto Yakushi (Iwa flashback)
Kiba Inazuka (part 2)
Kidōmaru
Neji Hyuuga (Sasuke Retrieval)
Nonō Yakushi
Shin
Tayuya
Tenten (Part 2)

C+
Ebisu
Ino Yamanaka (start of part 2)
Karin
Naruto Uzumaki (Post Rasengan Training)
Neji Hyuga (Chunin exam)
Rock Lee (Chunin exam)
Sasuke Uchiha (Chunin exam finals)
Shikamaru Nara (Sasuke Retrieval)
Temari (Chunin exam)
White Zetsu Clone

C
Dosu
Iruka
Izumo Kamizuki
Kankuro (Chunin exam)
Konohamaru Sarutobi (part 2)
Kotetsu Hagane
Obito Uchiha (Sharingan)
Rin
Sasuke Uchiha (Sharingan)
Shikamaru Nara (Chunin exam)
Shino Aburame (Chunin exam)
Yashamaru

C-
Gōzu (Demon Brother)
Kiba Inazuka (Chunin exam)
Meizu (Demon Brother)
Mizuki
Naruto Uzumaki (Post clone jutsu)
Obito Uchiha (pre-Sharingan)
Sasuke Uchiha (pre-Sharingan)
Shigure

D+
Chōji Akimichi (Chunin exam)
Hinata Hyuga (part 1)
Ino Yamanaka (Chunin exam)
Kin
Oboro
Tenten (Chunin exam)
Zaku

D
Misumi Tsurugi
Sakura Haruno (Chunin exam)
Yoroi Akadō

D-
Rock Lee (Just graduated Genin)
Sakura Haruno (Start)

E+
Naruto Uzumaki (pre-clone jutsu)

E-
Konohamaru Sarutobi (start)
Rock Lee (Academy flashback)

Basically all the SS/SSS/SSSS ones we were talking about, plus adding Might Dai

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2014 04:57 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Q99
SSSS
Kaguya Otsutsuki

Kaguya was stronger back in the day when she had all the chakra. So you better make a SSSS+ tier.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2014 05:38 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Astner
Kaguya was stronger back in the day when she had all the chakra. So you better make a SSSS+ tier.

We don't really know how much stronger. But if it is shown she was significantly stronger, then past would be SSSS+ and/or present down at SSSS-.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2014 08:52 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

You seriously underestimate Juubito and Hashirama if you put them a tier below pre-6paths Naruto. erm

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2014 12:06 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Even though IMO Jinchuurikii Tobi should only be a tier above Naruto, he is placed 2 tiers above...

You probably mean Tobi with his 6 Paths. In which case, the only reason Naruto is in the tier above him is because Naruto can lend enough chakra to massively amp every member of an army. Naruto without the chakra lending is in the same tier as Tobi and Hashirama.

Q99 places a lot of weight on support abilities.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2014 12:39 AM
wakkawakkawakka

So if Naruto is a rank above due to his uber support power, shouldn't he have a mark like Tobirama, Konan..etc?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2014 02:14 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Make the highest ranks G for godly because 4 S's is a bit much lol.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2014 02:24 AM
wakkawakkawakka

So I just thought of a way for Naruto to fulfill his role as Ninja Jesus. He could do so by establishing a form of "parental counseling" for ninjas since we learned in recent chapters that every problem in the ninja can be attributed to bad parenting.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2014 06:19 AM