KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » !Seraph!

!Seraph!
Started by: Ghastly_Twin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ghastly_Twin

Smile !Seraph!

Who is Seraph?

This is my explanation.

The reason Seraph (the Chinese guy Neo meets before meeting the Oracle) had golden code and was so spectacular is that he came from the first incarnation of the matrix, which was heaven. "Seraph" is singular for the plural "seraphim". The seraphim are the highest choir of angels and included amongst others: Lucifer, Gabriele, Raziel and Malaciah, and they sit on the 8th level of Heaven just one below God. So Seraph will obviously have a big part in Revolutions, helping the freedom fighters.

Attachment: seraph_code_reloaded.jpg
This has been downloaded 462 time(s).

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 10:15 AM
Ghastly_Twin is currently offline Click here to Send Ghastly_Twin a Private Message Find more posts by Ghastly_Twin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ghastly_Twin

any thoughts?

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 11:11 AM
Ghastly_Twin is currently offline Click here to Send Ghastly_Twin a Private Message Find more posts by Ghastly_Twin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

This has been discussed a few times, but you are right on the money. BUT it is important that you remember, this isn't the ONLY explanation to what Seraph is (just one of many).

Also, Lucifer is the Merovingian. Have a think why and how it can link in - you wont believe it if you put the pieces together (I have big grin)

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 02:44 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

Nyuh... well... I knew that. So wasn't really a breakthrough, sozzle. Still, nice to see some people are still lookin' into these things!

~AI

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 03:00 PM
Ikobe is currently offline Click here to Send Ikobe a Private Message Find more posts by Ikobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

Therte was something about seraph in that spoiler i've read the other day. if i remember correctly, they said that seraph [SPOILER - highlight to read]: wasn't the oracle's guardian, but the guardian of the future. of what matters most

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 03:24 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

I have also heard that. But the Oracle specifically say's:

"I'm interested in one thing, the Future, and I know the only way to get there is together"

Well if that is the only thing she is interested in, doesn't that make it her reason for being here. She is an intuitive program, She knows everthing from the beginning of the path to the end and She is referred to as the Oracle for being just that, an Oracle:

(from Dictionary.com)
A shrine consecrated to the worship and consultation of a prophetic deity, as that of Apollo at Delphi.

A person, such as a priestess, through whom a deity is held to respond when consulted.

The response given through such a medium, often in the form of an enigmatic statement or allegory.

So doesn't that make the Oracle "Future". Hrmmm smile

The rest I shouldn't have to explain, let your brains do some working and see what you can come up with wink

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 03:58 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gabimr2

Re: !Seraph!

quote:
Originally posted by Ghastly_Twin
Who is Seraph?

This is my explanation.

The reason Seraph (the Chinese guy Neo meets before meeting the Oracle) had golden code and was so spectacular is that he came from the first incarnation of the matrix, which was heaven. "Seraph" is singular for the plural "seraphim". The seraphim are the highest choir of angels and included amongst others: Lucifer, Gabriele, Raziel and Malaciah, and they sit on the 8th level of Heaven just one below God. So Seraph will obviously have a big part in Revolutions, helping the freedom fighters.

LucifeR??? emmm no expression but he's not an angel :s

madee by.. the one himself love

pascuaLaaa rockss! Iam not so bad..once u get to know me angel

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 08:31 PM
gabimr2 is currently offline Click here to Send gabimr2 a Private Message Find more posts by gabimr2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

He WAS an angel. But he turned from God, choosing his own rebellious path.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 08:46 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

Re: Re: !Seraph!

quote:
Originally posted by gabimr2
LucifeR??? emmm no expression but he's not an angel :s

Supposedly the most beautiful favorite angel of God.....

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 08:51 PM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Indeed and what did he want? More Power wink

Keep baking those noodles...Keep going.... smile

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 09:58 PM
gabimr2

yeah but.. he was an angel..no he's the devil =p
because he want to has all the power of God.. be more
powerfull than God.. so.. no expression .. God get angry and send him to the hell =) hahaha so he's not an angel

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 10:50 PM
gabimr2 is currently offline Click here to Send gabimr2 a Private Message Find more posts by gabimr2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

You're getting there smile

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 11:05 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Good idea, save for the fact, that Matrix 1.0 was a monumental failure and collapsed. So the Architect went back to the sketch-board and made Matrix 2.0. Why would he let program from the first version bounce around in the second version. The latter is not an evolution of the former. It is a completely different program.

And if the Merovingian is supposed to be (the most beautiful of the angels) Lucifer, I don’t want to see ugly!

Gambimr2> You don’t get it. Lucifer started OUT as an angel in the biblical myths. He’s either referred to as a Fallen Angel or the devil, but is actually just ancient roman for the morning star, a wrong translation (probably by a tired monk with nothing but a candle.) big grin

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 11:16 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gabimr2

quote:
Originally posted by Sifer
You're getting there smile

hahahaha..then.. dont put lucifer whit the angels wink
and everybody will be happy smilestick out tongue angel

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 11:17 PM
Verity

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega
. And if the Merovingian is supposed to be (the most beautiful of the angels) Lucifer, I don’t want to see ugly!

I was in no way suggesting that the Merovingian was a beautiful angel....matter of fact, I think he's butt ugly!! Don't see what Persephone saw in the guy!!!!! Merely clarifying Lucifer USED to be God's most beautiful and favored angel...b4 he went 'bananas' I mean!!!!! Happy Dance (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 19th, 2003 01:26 AM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

I love that dancing banana - hilarious smile

Old Post Aug 19th, 2003 01:53 AM
hannibal

So would agent smith be the new Merovingian. The highest Agent of the machines who turned away?

Old Post Aug 19th, 2003 03:50 AM
hannibal is currently offline Click here to Send hannibal a Private Message Find more posts by hannibal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Socrates

What bothers me about christianity, well just one of the many, is that. I didn't think Angels, even the most high, were given free will, like man was after eating the forbidden fruit. Yet lucifer, "chose" to disobey God by trying to be more powerful than he. Now to me they contradict each other.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2003 12:31 PM
Socrates is currently offline Click here to Send Socrates a Private Message Find more posts by Socrates Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Socrates

And we are taught that God is all powerful, and all good. Yet Satan needs permission from God to tempt man, so either God isn't all good, that he allows such temptation from Satan towards man, or he isn't all powerful, that he can stop Satan from tempting man...

Ugh, christanity. I'll take my Buddhism anyday.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2003 12:33 PM
Socrates is currently offline Click here to Send Socrates a Private Message Find more posts by Socrates Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Socrates> As much as I enjoy discussing philosophy and religion, this forum is for discussing the Matrix movies. So unless your posts have some relations to said movies, it does perhaps belong in the General Discussions of Debate forums??

However, you can interpret it likes this: The Architect is a God. A seemingly all powerful entity, and the agents are his angels. In that sense, Smith is a “fallen agent/angel”.
The Merovingian is then an older deity-type entity, maybe?
And as for Buddhism. Neo is then a boddhisatva, hm?

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Aug 19th, 2003 01:36 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote