KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Does Peter Jackson plan to make Children of Hurin after the Hobbit?

Does Peter Jackson plan to make Children of Hurin after the Hobbit?
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
C-3POTheClever

Does Peter Jackson plan to make Children of Hurin after the Hobbit?

As most of you know, Peter Jackson's new film, 'The Hobbit' is coming out in December this year. Does anyone know if Peter Jackson is planning to make 'The Children of Hurin (another middle earth story) into a film? If you don't know, do you think he will? Please let me know.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 09:29 PM
C-3POTheClever is currently offline Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Come on someone! Post an answer!

Old Post Apr 4th, 2012 10:38 AM
C-3POTheClever is currently offline Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

It took several years of wrangling and headaches for him to get The Hobbit before cameras, even after the monster box office and Oscar success of the trilogy. Give the man some breathing space on this. Even if he wanted to do more Tolkien after this is finished, don't expect him to do another one for a decade or so.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 4th, 2012 10:12 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Quite frankly i'm kind of growing tired of this LOTR nonsense. I'd like to see Peter Jackson get back on the Halo project. He'd probably be a good director for that.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2012 06:05 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix2001

The thing about Tolkien's fictional world is there are so many stories that could be told. Why make a movie about the Children of Hurin and not a movie about the jewels? The jewels play just as large a part in the first age that the Ring plays in the third age.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2012 12:18 AM
Phoenix2001 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix2001 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix2001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Quite frankly i'm kind of growing tired of this LOTR nonsense. I'd like to see Peter Jackson get back on the Halo project. He'd probably be a good director for that.

Or even go back to doing some of the things he use to do such as Bad Taste & Meet The Feebles.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2012 01:38 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

"I'm tired of all this LotR nonsense"

Yeah totally, because it's not like the last LotR movie was released almost a decade ago or something.

Besides, the Halo movie will suck, just like every other video game movie has sucked. PJ isn't even interested in doing a Halo movie anymore, lol.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 7th, 2012 06:23 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

Besides, the Halo movie will suck, just like every other video game movie has sucked. PJ isn't even interested in doing a Halo movie anymore, lol.

Did you even see what they were doing with the movie before it was declared dead?

it was actually turning out to be good.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2012 06:28 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
colossulrage

you have no idea if the movie was gonna be good or not.lol nobody knows until they see it

Old Post Apr 7th, 2012 09:07 AM
colossulrage is currently offline Click here to Send colossulrage a Private Message Find more posts by colossulrage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Uh they showed off all the props and stuff and most of the things looked like what you seen in the game.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2012 09:30 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
"I'm tired of all this LotR nonsense"

Yeah totally, because it's not like the last LotR movie was released almost a decade ago or something.

Nice try, smartass. What is he working on now as we speak? Essentially two more LOTR movies. And if they aren't exactly LOTR, they sure do look damn near identical.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2012 07:05 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Wow.....ya think???

it is still set in the that Tolkian world ....what were you expecting it to be set on tatooine.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 06:51 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Oh my god... I've never read the books, f*ck-hole. Talking to you people is like trying to have an intelligent conversation with a rabid, castrated squirrel. Random, yes, but that is what it is like. I'm sure of it.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 01:51 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well the your that likes to point out the obvious alot nubnuts.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 02:40 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Lern too right, tittyshit.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 02:51 AM
josephw002

Even if he wanted to do more Tolkien after this is finished, don't expect him to do another one for a decade or so.(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 03:10 AM
josephw002 is currently offline Click here to Send josephw002 a Private Message Find more posts by josephw002 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leaga

Smile the children of Hurin

I think Peter Jackson should make a movie about this. At least it would be better than "twighlight saga and the hunger games. He could go more into the elves story and history.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2012 06:58 AM
Leaga is currently offline Click here to Send Leaga a Private Message Find more posts by Leaga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xtinataguba

i really wish! but as far as i know, no plans.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2012 07:48 AM
xtinataguba is currently offline Click here to Send xtinataguba a Private Message Find more posts by xtinataguba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote