KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Summers/Grey Children

Summers/Grey Children
Started by: celestialbodies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
celestialbodies

Summers/Grey Children

Okay I know this question has been asked alot of times, but why are their children So D@Mn powerful. I mean I really probably wouldn't have a problem with it if they all didn't have the SAME abilities as jean(Telepathy, Telekinesis) and seeing as nowadays what you can do with those abilities( just about anything). All I'm saying is it seems to me like they should just be called Grey kids because their powers are the same as jean's, the wirters who came up with rachel and nate should have probably used scott's powers but in a much cooler way some kind of variation of it. I mean both kids are Omega level mutants right it just their powers are too strong and similar.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2008 11:53 PM
celestialbodies is currently offline Click here to Send celestialbodies a Private Message Find more posts by celestialbodies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

* you should see Ruby Summers, a perfect combination of Scott and Emma. i just hope she is in the mainstream universe. smile

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 03:08 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

i like her, too and haven't even seen her in action yet. i recently just heard of her.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 11:53 PM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
magnuslives

Re: Summers/Grey Children

quote: (post)
Originally posted by celestialbodies
Okay I know this question has been asked alot of times, but why are their children So D@Mn powerful. I mean I really probably wouldn't have a problem with it if they all didn't have the SAME abilities as jean(Telepathy, Telekinesis) and seeing as nowadays what you can do with those abilities( just about anything). All I'm saying is it seems to me like they should just be called Grey kids because their powers are the same as jean's, the wirters who came up with rachel and nate should have probably used scott's powers but in a much cooler way some kind of variation of it. I mean both kids are Omega level mutants right it just their powers are too strong and similar.

dude...... i think you might have some jean grey issues....... shifty

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 01:14 PM
magnuslives is currently offline Click here to Send magnuslives a Private Message Find more posts by magnuslives Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialbodies

Re: Re: Summers/Grey Children

Originally posted by magnuslives
dude...... i think you might have some jean grey issues....... shifty

Well if I have Jean Grey issues just because I think that her children should have had some kind of variation to their powers something perhaps similar to Ruby summers sue me. But it would have gave more definition to both characters if their power set wasn't the exact same as their mother's. All I was basically saying was whats all the fuss about grey/summers kids when their powers are alway the same. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 03:51 PM
celestialbodies is currently offline Click here to Send celestialbodies a Private Message Find more posts by celestialbodies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

Re: Re: Re: Summers/Grey Children

Originally posted by celestialbodies
Well if I have Jean Grey issues just because I think that her children should have had some kind of variation to their powers something perhaps similar to Ruby summers sue me. But it would have gave more definition to both characters if their power set wasn't the exact same as their mother's. All I was basically saying was whats all the fuss about grey/summers kids when their powers are alway the same. stick out tongue

Well generally people are making fuss about a chomic character more because of their general might then because of their powerset itself. And when it comes to personality and character, Nathan and Rachel are as unique and defined as it gets for comic characters, regardless of their identical powers.

Though i'm not bothered at all about Nate and Rachel having the same powers like their mother, i agree with you, that the authors could add a little more diversity in the future, like they did with Ruby Summers.

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 04:18 PM
wannabe is currently offline Click here to Send wannabe a Private Message Find more posts by wannabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nikbackm

In the future?!

Do you expect we'll be subjected to even more alternate Summers/Grey offspring? no

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 04:56 PM
nikbackm is currently offline Click here to Send nikbackm a Private Message Find more posts by nikbackm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

no hopefully not - enough is enough!
But i do hope that the future offspring of any mutant couple will have recognizable yet mixed up powers.

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 06:49 PM
wannabe is currently offline Click here to Send wannabe a Private Message Find more posts by wannabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

* well, Franklin Richards for one doesn't have the powers of his parents...

* and i think the Summers-Grey bloodline is really powerful to make Mr. Sinister interested to it...

Old Post Dec 15th, 2008 05:19 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by peejayd

* and i think the Summers-Grey bloodline is really powerful to make Mr. Sinister interested to it...

You can taste the potency in Scott's product.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2008 09:48 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by peejayd

yea i never got that. i understand that hes a mutant but he still would naturally develop at least one of their powers shouldn't he

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Dec 15th, 2008 12:34 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
You can taste the potency in Scott's product.

* yeah... and Marvel does not even care about that recently... they even made some sort of stupid "implication" that Rachel Summers is the daughter of Wolverine and Jean... eewwww! sick

Originally posted by jalek moye
yea i never got that. i understand that hes a mutant but he still would naturally develop at least one of their powers shouldn't he

*yes, never got that too... Summers-Grey bloodline is the best, not the Richards-Storm one... Franklin might have had reality-based/psionic powers from his mother though...

Old Post Dec 16th, 2008 07:05 AM