KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » explain the prophecy *spoilers*

explain the prophecy *spoilers*
Started by: actor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
actor

Question explain the prophecy *spoilers*

I'm confused. I used to think that the whole prophecy thing meant that in the end Harry will have to kill Neville or Neville will have to kill Harry.
But now people have been saying it's Harry will have to kill Voldemort or Voldemort will have to kill Harry.
Can someone please explain the whole prophecy thing to me?

p.s. i am only half way through book six so please don't spoil it.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 05:08 PM
actor is currently offline Click here to Send actor a Private Message Find more posts by actor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheSun

Re: explain the prophecy *spoilers*

quote: (post)
Originally posted by actor
I'm confused. I used to think that the whole prophecy thing meant that in the end Harry will have to kill Neville or Neville will have to kill Harry.
But now people have been saying it's Harry will have to kill Voldemort or Voldemort will have to kill Harry.
Can someone please explain the whole prophecy thing to me?

p.s. i am only half way through book six so please don't spoil it.

The prophecy basically meant that neither Harry nor Voldemort can live whie the other survives, hence one must kill the other. Neville has nowt to do with it.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 06:22 PM
TheSun is currently offline Click here to Send TheSun a Private Message Find more posts by TheSun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanFan4000
Harrys Twin

humm...

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 07:55 PM
DanFan4000 is currently offline Click here to Send DanFan4000 a Private Message Find more posts by DanFan4000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheSun

Originally posted by DanFan4000
humm...

What?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 08:21 PM
TheSun is currently offline Click here to Send TheSun a Private Message Find more posts by TheSun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanFan4000
Harrys Twin

nothing... I was just thinking.............. embarrasment

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 12:11 PM
DanFan4000 is currently offline Click here to Send DanFan4000 a Private Message Find more posts by DanFan4000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Randomness
A Pirate Life For Meh

I fink the reason you thought Neville had sumfin to do with it is because that could have been Neville in Harrys place

And they have to kill one another now cuz they heard the prophecy and Voldemort thinks harry is a threat to him and Harry wants to kill him befor Voldypoo kills him

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 04:02 PM
Randomness is currently offline Click here to Send Randomness a Private Message Find more posts by Randomness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by DanFan4000
nothing... I was just thinking.............. embarrasment

Umm.. Wow.

I. Jus.... no expression.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 07:39 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goddess_susu
half elf half witch

there's still many arguments about the prophecy. heres what i think
(and sorry if i miss any parts, i'm doing this off the top of my head)

the one with the power to vanquish the dark lord approches-
the prophecy was make before harry was born.

born to those who have trice defied him-
lily and james faced voldemort 3 times before death

born as the seventh month dies-
harry was born in the end of july

and the dark lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have powers the dark lord knows not-
i believe this is the trick in the prophecy, becase when dumbledore explains this part he says this power the prophecy refers to is harry being protected by his mothers love which voldemort didn't know about, yet look at how its worded. it doesnt say harry was marked as his equal BECAUSE he will have powers.... but it says, the bark lord will mark him as his equal (harry and tom have always been simular, and he transfered his powers to harry) , BUT he will have powers voldemort does not know about (meaning harry might be more then an equal, even more powerful then expected)

and one must die at the hand of the other, for one cant live as the other survives-
many people take the "one" literaly, saying only one of them has to die, but i believe "one must die at the hand of the other" means harry must be killed by voldemort and voldemort must be killed by harry because "one cant live as the other survives" meaning their lives are somehow connected. both part are kind of opposite from each other, sort of saying they must die together because they cant live together.

Is there a dragon nearby? because I'm on FIRE!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 03:33 AM
goddess_susu is currently offline Click here to Send goddess_susu a Private Message Find more posts by goddess_susu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote