KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Tron 2.0

Tron 2.0
Started by: Ratcat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

Tron 2.0

Just found this link over at Cinescape.Com

Looks like a possible sequel to TRON may well be in the works?

http://www.tronkillerapp.com

This link may make your PC look like it is doing some pretty freaky things, but it is all part of the presentation.

Enjoy!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2002 03:08 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Billy The Kid
Wanted dead or alive

What was the point with that link?

confused

Old Post Jan 18th, 2002 09:14 PM
Billy The Kid is currently offline Click here to Send Billy The Kid a Private Message Find more posts by Billy The Kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

No one likes Tron

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 20th, 2002 01:29 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Yep..I think it's one of those universal truths.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2002 02:50 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Edna Witch
Magic

Uh hum! Beg to differ. Hate to be the ugly duckling here but i rather liked Tron actually! Thought it was a great film!

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Jan 20th, 2002 03:56 PM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Actually, I've never seen it, so I shouldn't bash it. sad

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 20th, 2002 04:00 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

In 1982 it was prety cutting edge stuff, 20 years on and it does look terrible. It was one of the first movies to use CGI, albeit in a very crude way.

I would never underestimate just how much current movie making technology owns to movies like Tron.

And to say it is UNIVERSALLY UNLIKED is right up there with saying that everyone hated TPM, and we all know what we think of THOSE people... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 21st, 2002 09:34 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Is Bruce Boxleitner in the new one?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 27th, 2002 08:51 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

hope not ,he can stick with Bab 5

Old Post Jan 27th, 2002 10:10 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

He was in the original, see.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 27th, 2002 10:29 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

I know, with Jeff Bridges. Still I hope he stick with Bab 5

Old Post Jan 27th, 2002 10:34 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Still not thinking it's a worthwhile story to pursue..

Old Post Jan 27th, 2002 11:10 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Jeff Bridges should make another "Big Lebowski" instead of "Tron"

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 28th, 2002 08:23 AM
Edna Witch
Magic

But I can't see what story there is to tell in a second Movie. I mean it didn't really leave much room for a sequal did it?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2002 03:30 PM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Finti I'm going to make a comparison to another film so relax.big grin

Does anyone think Tron is similar to The Matrix?

Old Post Jan 29th, 2002 11:40 AM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Edna Witch
Magic

Not really. The matrix was about Humans being made to believe they were living a life that they were not. Kind of virtual reality where as Tron was about computer programmes that had been created and were controlled by humans. Kind of the opposite really in a way. Matrix was Machines controlling humans and Tron was Humans controlling computer programmes. Well that was until a user actually got into the system. Well it has been a long time since I saw Tron anyway might have that kind of twisted!

Old Post Jan 29th, 2002 12:32 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yeah, only superficially similar to The Matrix.

As for continuing the story- well, David Warner is still alive, isn't he? In REAL life (in the film, as opposed to the computer bit where he got a disc in the head), in any case.

He's alive in REAL real life as well, of course.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 29th, 2002 11:15 PM