KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Salary Cap

Salary Cap
Started by: §pearhead

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Spearhead
Prophet

Question Salary Cap

What makes [American] Football so interesting is that teams are limited to the amount of money they spend, making each team a contender at the beginning of each season. Do you think they should make this a rule in baseball (especially with teams such as the Yankees having so much more money than the other teams)?

I'm a signature!

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 11:26 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Yes, I think they really should.

Although, the Salary Caps in (American) Football, are still majorly high, so they can still do basically anything they want.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 11:27 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Viper
The Mack Daddy of Funk

The result of salary caps is evident in both sports. In baseball you usually have dynasties like the Yankees, and it's rare for a small team to pull an upset. On the other hand a different team usually wins the Superbowl every year, and especially recently great teams can go bad in a season.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 12:34 AM
Viper is currently offline Click here to Send Viper a Private Message Find more posts by Viper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I don't mind a salary cap for baseball but I much prefer that Major league would exploit the farm system more. Signing big league players for millions of dollars can be a good investment for ballclubs during the season. But I much more like to see the Farm system stars playing in the major leagues.

Although many fans don't like the idea of using minor leagues players. Sometimes is cheaper to have minor leagues players in the club than a 17 million ballplayer like A-Rod in the roster. Of course minor leagues players don't have experience, but is good to cultivate good players in the long run.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 03:45 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Hell yeah they should.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 06:48 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by Viper
The result of salary caps is evident in both sports. In baseball you usually have dynasties like the Yankees, and it's rare for a small team to pull an upset. On the other hand a different team usually wins the Superbowl every year, and especially recently great teams can go bad in a season.

The thing I dont like about football anymore is that the days when players would stay with one team their whole careers are over now.They jump from one team to another all the time now.man I miss those good ole days when there were dynastys like The Pittsburgh Steelers,San Francisco 49ers,and The Dallas Cowboys.those were the good ole days when players stayed with one team their whole career.Free agency was the worst thing to ever happen to both baseball and pro football.These days players just play the game for the love of the money instead of the game. mad

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 06:52 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote