KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Good Zombie Movies?

George A Romano is...
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
a genius! Nobody can top his movies! 2 13.33%
alright, but his recent work has been lacking... 13 86.67%
crap. -.- 0 0%
Total: 15 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Good Zombie Movies?
Started by: Mkwade

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mkwade
Rawr! >83

Shocked Good Zombie Movies?

I'm a huge fan of zombie movies, but most of the ones I've seen have been B movies. The only zombie movies I for real fell in love with were the 28 Days and Weeks later- the remake of George A Romano's Day of the Dead wasn't too bad (though I preferred the original), but I was wondering what you all's favorite zombie flick was, and if you could point me in any good directions?

Old Post May 26th, 2010 07:55 PM
Mkwade is currently offline Click here to Send Mkwade a Private Message Find more posts by Mkwade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I voted on the middle one, started out well but over the years been going downhill.

quote:
the remake of George A Romano's Day of the Dead wasn't too bad (though I preferred the original),

OMG, please tell me you meant Dawn of the Dead remake and not the HORRENDOUS Day of the Dead remake...

Old Post May 26th, 2010 09:44 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mkwade
Rawr! >83

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
I voted on the middle one, started out well but over the years been going downhill.

OMG, please tell me you meant Dawn of the Dead remake and not the HORRENDOUS Day of the Dead remake...

Err... yeah. That's what I meant, sorry!

Old Post May 26th, 2010 10:55 PM
Mkwade is currently offline Click here to Send Mkwade a Private Message Find more posts by Mkwade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

*slaps Mkwade* Don't ever do that again! I was in disgust before, and couldn't carry on with this topic. But all is fine now.

Old Post May 26th, 2010 11:09 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

George Romero is a genius, and nobody will ever top his masterpieces.

That said, his recent work isn't great. But he's still the creator of the greatest zombie fiction of all time.

Old Post May 27th, 2010 03:29 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fido is one I enjoyed - not gory, but a different take on the zombie film

I too thought the 'remake' of DAWN of the Dead was good.

Also ones I liked and/or worth the look:

[REC] - Spanish film
Dead Snow
Mutants - French film
The Beyond
Pontypool
Shaun of the Dead
Zombieland

Haven't seen it yet, but La Horde is suppose to be worth the look.

Old Post May 29th, 2010 03:09 PM
Deano

watch something no one else as watched

let sleeping corpses lie' is a classic

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post May 30th, 2010 08:46 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RichardBrittain

I really do like the Dawn of the Dead remake. I think 28 Days is a horribly overrated film, but it appeals to Americans for its 'unusual' gritty British feel.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 02:26 PM
RichardBrittain is currently offline Click here to Send RichardBrittain a Private Message Find more posts by RichardBrittain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I think, Romero has genius work but i certainly wouldn't call him a genius. I grew up as a Romero loyalist but after seeing two of his movies be remade into better movies and being disappointed by everything he has made since, Day of the Dead, i'm convinced that he is more lucky than talented.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 01:40 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThreadKiller

How many good zombie movies are there? I had my hopes up for zombieland but it wussed out. Would really like to see a quality redition of World War Z.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 10:28 PM
ThreadKiller is currently offline Click here to Send ThreadKiller a Private Message Find more posts by ThreadKiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pandemoniac
Disco Infernal

Zombie movies might seem easy to make, and thats why there is so much rubbish out there.
The ones that stand out for me because of their creativity, cleverness or just plain out good filmmaking are Return of the Living Dead 1 & 3, Re-Animator, Braindead, the original and the remake of Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, Versus, 28 Days Later and Cemetery Man

Last edited by Pandemoniac on Jul 9th, 2010 at 05:53 PM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2010 05:48 PM
Pandemoniac is currently offline Click here to Send Pandemoniac a Private Message Find more posts by Pandemoniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Just watched 28 Weeks Later for the first time. I really liked it, which was surprising, because I wasn't a big fan of the first.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2010 08:16 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha-7
No.1

I used to enjoy his work but over the years I have just lost interest.

Thanks to Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2010 09:36 AM
Alpha-7 is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha-7 a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha-7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I watched a French Zombie movie the other week called The Horde that I really enjoyed. A zombie outbreak happens while some cops are about to raid the apartment of some criminals... so they have to team up to kill those zombie bastards. It's like Assault on Precinct 13 with Zombies... awesome.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Aug 26th, 2010 07:31 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Night of the living dead.
Nightmare City.
City of the living dead.
Dawn of the dead (both)
Let sleeping corpses lie.
Zombie 2.
Return of the Living dead.
Day of the dead.
Braindead!!!!!!

Dead Set..................... CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Zombie Apocalypse occurs and the story is based around the contestents and staff on the Big Brother set.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2010 08:10 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

beer I am really not big on zombie movies mainly due to I simply find zombies boring characters too be honest,but being a horror fan,I have still seen most of them but If I ever do feel like a zombie fix,I personally go for Land of the Dead

Old Post Aug 27th, 2010 03:53 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Oh and Planet of the Vampires was an awesome film.
Actually a zombie film tells the story of two spaceships being pulled into an evil planet and the marines have to figure out how to survive.
For a 1965 film it is WAYYYY ahead of its time.
Directed by Mario Bava. Very early in his career.

Last edited by the ninjak on Aug 27th, 2010 at 08:50 AM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2010 08:46 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dead Set was fab, lovely watching zombies kill the annoying big brother contestants, oh how wonderful for that to happen in the real life one...

Old Post Aug 27th, 2010 05:07 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
Dead Set was fab, lovely watching zombies kill the annoying big brother contestants, oh how wonderful for that to happen in the real life one...

I guess it would provide a few laughs during the zombie apocalypse.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2010 05:40 PM