KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » The Wheel of Time

The Wheel of Time
Started by: Lord Ryugen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

The Wheel of Time

I want to know if anyone else has read the fantastic 'Wheel of Time' series by Robert Jordan. Theres been ten books so far and most if not all have been best sellers. I'm looking for information on the eleventh book, favorite charactors, best book and the like.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2004 03:22 PM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

I have read all of the books and think they are great, it is difficult to pick a favourite character, but it would be Lan, Moiraine, Rand al'Thor, Perrin, Min, Mat or Nynaeve, even Aram is quite cool.

The are several site theoryland
this one list the prequels to wheel of time and on the questions of the week answered by RJ there are links to other stuff too.
roberet jordan

Last edited by Corran on Feb 10th, 2004 at 03:38 PM

Old Post Feb 10th, 2004 03:35 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Nice a reply. Perrin's my favourite charactor but I see your point there are almost no crap charactors in any of the books.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 10:35 AM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MasterWizard

I am reading the series right now. It's really good, although I'm having trouble convincing my friends to read it.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 12:08 AM
MasterWizard is currently offline Click here to Send MasterWizard a Private Message Find more posts by MasterWizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

Just use one of them in hardback to beat your friends about the head until they agree to read them.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 12:12 AM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Got to love hardbacks, the books of a thousand uses. big grin
Weapon, projectile, table leg stand, small stool and shield to name a few.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 01:51 PM
Z4¢|<
King of The world

I am currently 3/4 through book three and so far my favorite char is Perrin.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 05:47 PM
Z4¢|< is currently offline Click here to Send Z4¢|< a Private Message Find more posts by Z4¢|< Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Book eleven's out now and I have no money dammit. But yeah Perrin rocks, followed by Mat and then Rand

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 12:38 PM
MasterWizard

I think that Rand is a better character then Mat. My list goes Perrin, Lan, Rand, Mat. Also, if you want go get technical about it, it's book 0(or -1). It comes before book 1. According to Robert Jordan, right from his mouth, there is going to be 2 more prequels, and 2, possibly 3, more books.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 10:31 PM
MasterWizard is currently offline Click here to Send MasterWizard a Private Message Find more posts by MasterWizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Z4¢|<
King of The world

Mat is better than Rand anyday.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 12:46 PM
Z4¢|< is currently offline Click here to Send Z4¢|< a Private Message Find more posts by Z4¢|< Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

quote:
Originally posted by MasterWizard
I think that Rand is a better character then Mat. My list goes Perrin, Lan, Rand, Mat. Also, if you want go get technical about it, it's book 0(or -1). It comes before book 1. According to Robert Jordan, right from his mouth, there is going to be 2 more prequels, and 2, possibly 3, more books.

Rand's more powerful but Mat's just funny to read about, poor guy never gets a break

Old Post Mar 11th, 2004 12:32 PM
MasterWizard

I found that in book 6-7 he wasn't funny to read about. Even boring.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2004 06:31 PM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Ah well I still had a laugh besides at the end of seven a wall falls on him, I find that funny

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 10:08 AM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

Mat is the funniest

But I like Perrin the best.

anyone read the "New Spring" book? I was kinda disappointed that Jordan wrote a prequel instead of finishing the series...

Old Post Apr 1st, 2004 05:37 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MasterWizard

I have read it. I found it interesting. He has 4 more wheel of times books lined up(possibly 5) two more prequels and the last two of the series. If he can't shorten it down to two books to end it all fof, it will be in three.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2004 10:00 PM
Xavier Draven

I love the series. I like the Aiel myself. The customes and how they react to everything is just great.

Also I found out the series has been optioned to make movies smile

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 12:33 AM
Xavier Draven is currently offline Click here to Send Xavier Draven a Private Message Find more posts by Xavier Draven Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

man, he better finish these books in a timely fashion.

i was hoping he would finish with 10, a nice round number, but he just keeps adding new stuff...

The Seanchan, the reverbation on The Source at Ebou Dar...

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 02:42 AM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Elmo
Cpt. Band of the Red Hand

If u havent noticed he bases his races in the book on real live people

so it doent wreck the surprise ill Spoiler it if that doent work dont look
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: for example Many of the Aiel Ways are closley similar to plains indians especially there Ji Eh Toh
Chilren of Light=later age Catholic Crusaders
I think its Tarboners but whoever has the Con that is a big chinese custom

Im still looking for more resemblances please message me

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 04:04 AM
Sir Elmo is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Elmo a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Elmo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Elmo

nice it worked
ok rememvber to post me if u find more

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 04:04 AM
Sir Elmo is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Elmo a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Elmo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Elmo

and some Arizonian mountain indians with the septs and stuff

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 11:02 PM