KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » How old were you when you went from being a "scaredy cat" to a horror fan?

How old were you when you went from being a "scaredy cat" to a horror fan?
Started by: Striel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Striel
Delirious and Deluded

How old were you when you went from being a "scaredy cat" to a horror fan?

How old were you when you became a true horror fan? I was about 18 years old. Allow me to share MY journey from being a "scaredy-cat" to a horror film addict.

When I was about three years old, I watched the movie Invasion of the Body Snatchers with my father. It gave me such horrible nightmares and also caused me to have these weird nightly rituals that I would do when going to bed at night. For some reason I became convinced that nothing could happen to me as long as I looked under my bed, in my closet, and then covered my face with blankets and my pillow. I STILL sleep with my blanket and pillow over my head to this day. I guess I just got used to it. Anyways, a few years after seeing that movie, I caught a glimpse of my stepmother watching Prom Night part 2. Once again, it gave me nightmares. When I was in fourth grade, a kid brought The Birds in as a movie to watch on the last day of school. I don't think my teacher knew what it was, because if she did, I can't imagine she would let us watch it. Later I saw the movie Carrie, which is now one of my favorites, but at the time it disturbed me. THEN when I was about 11 years old, my sixth grade teacher showed us The Willies, and the whole part involving the toilet and the guy putting on the skin...etc scared the hell out of me. Not to mention that the movie was disgusting. I haven't watched that movie since. So, at that point I decided not to watch any more horror movies. And I didn't-- til I got to college.

One night, some girls in my dorm decided to rent some movies. We watched The Shining, Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th and Hellraiser. I was totally hooked. From that point on I have watched every horror film I could get my hands on. I probably own about a hundred of them now, and I think I'll be a horror fan forever.

What about YOU?

www.theangrytruth.com

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 01:27 AM
Striel is currently offline Click here to Send Striel a Private Message Find more posts by Striel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mmrules
the shape

i became a horror fan at 9, i was watching a movie and i was not sure wat it was i looked and saw that it was halloween 2 and i loved it then about 2 days later i saw friday the 13th pt 4 and i loved tha so since then i have loved horror movies

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 01:47 AM
mmrules is currently offline Click here to Send mmrules a Private Message Find more posts by mmrules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

I honestly cannot remember when I became a horror adict, but when I was a kid like 5 or 7, by brothers and Dad would get out pet cemetary and a few other horrors, they scared the daylights outta me, and I hated watching them, I think as I grew up I stopped watching horrors, then one day a couple of years ago I watched a horror movie and like it so I keeped getting out horrors and stuff, and I found that they just didn't scare me anymore, I haven't been scared of anything in years. My favourite by far are the Nightmare on Elm Street movies. I might have been 12 when I loved horror movies, now i'm 14, wait a minute, I think it was only last year that I started to love horrors. But the story I just told is when I stopped being a scardy cat.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 02:00 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

i was like 4...damn that Leprechuan scared me soo much when i was little...same with Chucky, Pinhead, Lecter etc etc...

i remember i was watching Silence of the Lambs on our TV but i was hiding under the table... laughing out loud

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 02:29 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Hmm. I remember seeing "Fright Night", around the time it came out and I was afraid of A) Vampires, and B) Someone putting a pencil through my hand.

Soon after, I latched on to the "nightmare" franchise, and was old enough to realize it was all fake.

I think I've always dabbled in horror movies though, even more so since joining this particular board, which is a dangerous thing.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 03:12 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I remember when I was 5 one night A nightmare on elm street 2 came on tv. And after that night I fell in love with horror movies, and I started watching any that I found. But I remember out off all of the horror movies I saw Childs play scared me the most, it was just something about Chucky that freaked me out.

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 04:08 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was 7 then, but I'm fine with it now

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 04:09 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bader40
Wing Commander

last year sometime...when i was 41

Its like shooting rats in a barrel.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 04:12 AM
bader40 is currently offline Click here to Send bader40 a Private Message Find more posts by bader40 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayer
Horror Fan

When i was about 11 i saw Scream then Urban Legend Then the shining. ever since then i've been a horror adict. The Shining, Nightmare on elm Street, Halloween, TCM and Sleepaway Camp wpuld b my all time faves.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 06:37 AM
slayer is currently offline Click here to Send slayer a Private Message Find more posts by slayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

As long as I can remember I've been a horror adict. They never really scared me, aside from The Shining, but I always enjoyed them.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 10:17 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

i only started getting into them in the last year and a half really, before that i never really watched them and just thought Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm St were shIte, but now i think Fridays wicked and NOES is shite

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 10:35 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

When I was six, "Salem's Lot" scared the Bejeezus out of me (and it still sorta gives me the willies). At 15, I became addicted to "Saturday Nightmares" on USA Network, and recorded a "Friday the 13th" marathon, which I watched incessantly. I was 19 when I saw "The Exorcist" for the first time, and I haven't been the same since.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 09:50 PM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I saw the exorcist when I was 10 and I thought it was boring

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 10:54 PM
BadKitty
cockeyed

my mom let me watch terror train when I was like 8..I thought it was funny and have loved horror movies ever since

Old Post Apr 5th, 2004 12:06 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jason_Krueger
I play with dead things.

When I was 5 years old my mother was flipping throught the channels and came across A Nightmare on Elm St. she was watching it and I got scared......also around that time my Dad and some relatives watched a Friday the 13th movie.....my dad put me to bed and I snuck downstars to see what they were watching.....thats when I first saw a Jason movie...it scared me at first but around 8, 9, or 10 years old I was willing to watch anything and everything HORROR!!!!

When theres no more room in hell, Jason Voorhees will walk the Earth

Old Post Apr 5th, 2004 09:53 PM
Jason_Krueger is currently offline Click here to Send Jason_Krueger a Private Message Find more posts by Jason_Krueger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I also remember being scared of halloween 2 when i was 6.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2004 03:36 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

When I was 7 my brother rented out some videos, among them were NOES 1&2, a few days later Halloween was on the television, then a few days after that I went to visit my cousin and he had Friday the 13th part 6. So within the space of a week I was a hardcore horror fanatic.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Apr 6th, 2004 09:25 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gabri_Krueger
Restricted

Account Restricted

i was six and when i was 8 my dad said " your a horror fan you'd like a nightmare on elm street" and from that moment on...my life was changed. lol big grin. by the way im 12

REBEL AGAINST TUESDAY KNIGHT! IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN PATRICIA!

Old Post Apr 6th, 2004 10:35 PM
Gabri_Krueger is currently offline Click here to Send Gabri_Krueger a Private Message Find more posts by Gabri_Krueger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gabri_Krueger
Restricted

Account Restricted

but my dad regrets that for now i wont shut up

REBEL AGAINST TUESDAY KNIGHT! IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN PATRICIA!

Old Post Apr 6th, 2004 10:35 PM
Gabri_Krueger is currently offline Click here to Send Gabri_Krueger a Private Message Find more posts by Gabri_Krueger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayer
Horror Fan

laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 01:49 AM
slayer is currently offline Click here to Send slayer a Private Message Find more posts by slayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote