KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Epilogue to the Campaign

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Epilogue to the Campaign
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Epilogue to the Campaign

The Jedi Temple, Coruscant

“Was returning a difficulty?” asked Ki-Adi Mundi.

“No,” said Gundark. “Everything was so confused in escaping the Mausoleum before the mountain blew up, everyone lost track of everyone else. I met the rest of my team back in the city. Once order had been restored in the capital the Zeitonians in control were only too happy to provide us with fuel and supplies. In fact, they were a little too keen to help us leave, I think.”

“It won’t take them long to return to their old ways,” said Mundi. “To reject knowledge of the Force has become a matter of survival instinct for them. Of course, it will be less than a century before the undercurrent of curiosity you found there will return. Sannan’s astrolabe must be recovered and disabled; this time there must be no possibility of this ever happening again.”

“Was there no indication of where Kuylen was keeping either the Astrolabe or his recovery of the Archive?” asked Mace Windu.

“None at all,” said Gundark, “neither on his base at Dordellus nor on Zeiton. Kuylen must have made his own arrangements.”

“Not a surprise, of course,” said Mundi. “I am sorry all this had to happen, Master Gundark. As I am sure you can appreciate, knowledge of Zeiton is highly restricted and can only be disseminated by an order in Council. As soon as we heard news that Zeiton was Kuylen’s target we intended to inform you- though even then only with reluctance. Sadly it seems that events worked against us; a communications breakdown with the Chancellor’s office meant that our warning to you came too late.”

“I was warned,” said Gundark. “Several times. I should have listened.”

“Hmm…” came a voice from between the two speaking Council members. An apparently slumbering Yoda roused himself. “Yet noble was your intent, Master Gundark. Hmmm… powerful Jedi was Komal. And also wise. Enough like him today, there are not. By his graces were Kuylen’s plans laid waste. And he warned us like we warned you. A failure for us all was this, Master Gundark. Failed, we did, to foresee this and warn you… always hard to see, the Dark Side is… the legacy of Zeiton still hangs heavily over us all.”

“But I was still warned of the danger of pursuing Kuylen… I could have chosen not to go,” said Gundark. “Did you always know that there was nothing for Kuylen to find?” The Council members exchanged glances.

“The Force is never so precise, Master Gundark, as you know,” said Windu. “But what we knew for certain is that any attempt to forcibly track down Kuylen would widen and worsen the problem he presented. Given time, Kuylen could never have achieved anything and he would have eventually become vulnerable.”

“But I was so sure he was dangerous!” said Gundark.

“As was he,” said Windu. “But he had not the capacity to do any of what he foresaw. Master Gundark… Kuylen is not a Sith, and Avalar should be a lesson to all that you cannot simply steal the Sith’s Mantle. And only the Dark Lord of the Sith can threaten the Galaxy in the way Kuylen wanted to- and not have us foresee it.”

“It is clear to us now,” said Mundi, “that Kuylen is most certainly not the one we are looking for, either Master or Apprentice of Qui-Gon’s assassin.”

“Then all I achieved was so much needless suffering,” said Gundark.

“You are not the first Jedi to feel guilt over good intentions to the Zeitonians,” said Windu. “But on the other hand, you have done much good. Kuylen has not only failed, his power is broken, by your efforts. And with Saar as a prisoner, we are confident we shall receive detailed information on all of Kuylen’s activities since his disappearance in Hutt space. We’ll hand these details over to the relevant authorities and soon all his works will be undone. And whilst the tragedy on Zeiton cannot be discounted… we also feared that none of your team would make it back alive, Master Gundark. We consider ourselves fortunate for our fears there to have been shown to be groundless, and for what you have achieved, you have our thanks.”

“Mind what you have learned,” said Yoda. “Always more there is to learn, Master Gundark. For all of us… even for me. Much there is for you to consider about that which you may have done. And much to wonder about why the Force led you there, hmm! Tragic this was. But more tragic if learn, we do not.”

“And now?” asked Gundark. The Council members exchanged glances again.

“Resolved, the will of the Council is,” said Yoda. “This mission is over.”

“We have stated to the Chancellor that now Kuylen has received this setback it is time for you and your team to return to normal duties, Master Gundark,” said Mundi.

“Should Kuylen or any of his followers pose a direct threat to Republican security again, we shall examine the situation,” said Windu, “but talks with the Chancellor have also provided for greater action to be taken by the Republic itself against future threats, so in future operations will be better co-ordinated.”

Gundark nodded and bowed.

“One last thing, Master Gundark,” said Mundi. “During that conversation, the Chancellor asked to see you one more time…”

-----

Zeiton

Jeren’Toc made some notes on his desk whilst listening to the report.

“A considerable amount of debris was scattered a long way by the explosion,” said the other Zeitonian.

“Hmm. The planet is used to explosions that large,” Jeren’Toc said. “I am sure there will be no repercussions worse than already exist.”

“Quite a lot of the interior of the structure was scattered around also.”

“Ah yes. Very well, an operation must be mounted. Every single piece of that structure that can be found must be gathered and loaded onto a cargo ship. And send that ship into the sun. I want NO trace of any of that place left at all.”

“It seems a shame… so much history and all…”

“Dark and evil history. It brings nothing but further destruction to this world. Make it happen.”

“Of course. The fighting appears to have stopped.”

“Are we in control?”

“Yes, all cities have deferred to the Ruling Council’s authority again. But…”

“Yes?”

“I have reports that several starships were stolen during the fighting and left the planet.”

“And?”

“Some witnesses say… the attackers were not Zeitonian.”

“Ah…”

“It means Kuylen or some of his followers may have escaped!”

“Strikes me that they are no longer our problem then.”

“But… should the Jedi not be informed?”

“Oh REALLY!” said Jeren’Toc. “You are an idiot!”

“Sorry?”

“My friend… everyone knows… that there is no such thing as a Jedi!”

There was a long pause.

“Of course, Elder. My apologies.”

---

Palpatine’s Office, Coruscant

“… and whilst the Council have already shown their gratitude, I know, I wish to extend my personal thanks to you and your team for the efforts you have in pursuing a mission that occurred under my graces. I can only apologise for the extreme difficulties you found yourself in; I am afraid I am not an expert in such matters but I agree with the recommendations of the Council. In light of events it does indeed seem counter-productive to keep pursuing Kuylen and I have faith in the Council’s assurances that he presents no threat. With luck, he and his followers will never return to the Republic again.” Chancellor Palpatine smiled as cars flitted past the window behind.

“Of course, Chancellor. And I was grateful for the opportunity you gave me to disrupt Kuylen’s operations,” said Gundark. “The Council said something about better co-ordination with these things in future?”

“Ah yes!” said the Chancellor. “I have some proposals to make to the Senate. Not just in regard to this matter, but this certainly forms an important part of it. Republican security has proven itself lax and people like Kuylen took advantage of that. Just look how easily he was able to enter and leave Malastare! Were it not for a luck break from my contacts, you would never have gotten on his trail at all. I intend to try and remove the ‘luck’ part from that situation in future; criminals like Kuylen should not have free movement inside the Republic. Then we can prevent tragedies like this from occurring again.”

“That sounds promising, Chancellor,” said Gundark, “but you will forgive me if…”

“… if you have heard broken promises from politicians before? I agree, Master Gundark, and a noble organisation like the Jedi has suffered long from the efforts of selfish politics before. But please believe me,” said the Chancellor, with a pleasant smile, “I was elected to this position on a promise of political reform, and this WILL go ahead, I can assure you of that. The injustices of the past will be remedied. It is not only problems like this that I intend to sort out; I have plans for the reform of the Senatorial guard, which has become a self-interested product of advancing individual Senatorial interest only. And following the events on Naboo, a very close look will be taken at the activities of the major corporate interests of the Republic. There is much to do, Master Gundark! And there are many pressing calls upon your time, of course… again, my thanks.”

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 07:26 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Outside the Republic

A chill wind blew. Then again, there was always a chill wind blowing here.

“Why here?”

“It’s distant and no-one in his right mind would want to look here.”

“I’m not surprised; is there anything in this sector of space at all?”

“Small gas mine in the next system. Pretty much the only reason any ships come by at all.”

“I guess that gives us options… but we can’t stay here for long, it’s FREEZING! How do you know of this place… what was it called?”

“Hoth,” said Galder. “I came here once… long ago. It is somewhere to go if you do not want to be found.”

“Damn right…” said Takuan, shivering. The door opened, and Rah came in from outside.

“The solar heaters are fritzed,” he said. “They won’t last more than a few months and then we cannot stay here. I thought you said this was a smuggler’s base, Galder? More like a smuggler’s hut.”

“It’s somewhere to go, isn’t it? Maybe we can adjust a few things…”

“We’re just three people, Galder!” says Takuan. “Building a base here would take organisation! Resources! We don’t have any of that! We cannot stay here. There must be SOMEWHERE to go.”

“Well, you’re the force expert, YOU tell us!” said Galder. “What do you see?”

“I see...” said Takuan, concentrating for a moment. “Cold… very cold…”

“Great,” said Rah.

“And a woman with…” added Takuan, quietly.

“Sorry?” asks Galder.

“Oh nothing, nothing.”

“Back to making a life in the Republic, I suppose,” said Rah. “There is nothing for us out here. We’ll just wait a little bit for the heat to die down.” But Takuan was distracted watching the snow falling outside.

“Is this it?” he asked. “Is this all we get?” He looked down at the homing beacon Kuylen had given them all, that had summoned them to him when needed in the first place- Galder to Avalar, Takuan to Malastare, and Rah to Tartarus. It remained, as ever, silent.

---

Coruscant

“Kellan!” called a voice as Gundark left the Chancellor’s office. She smiled.

“Grevor!” Master Scovione came walking over. “Where have you been?” asked Gundark. “I thought you might have said hello sooner…”

“I’ve been on a mission, Kellan. I only just got back.”

”A mission? You can’t have had much time for that since Malastare.”

“It was a related matter.”

“Related? Where have you been?”

“As it happens… Corelay and myself went to Jaglon Beta.” Gundark froze for a moment. It all seemed so long ago, now… “And we had a… shall I out it… ‘dialogue’ with Pelloran, the pirate chief?”

“He is still alive?”

“He still has plenty of money; he’s re-built the pirate clan. Bu he is not welcome in Damagran space now, and we were able to apply some pressure… let us just say, you don’t have to worry about that bounty any more.” Gundark chuckled.

“I’m a Master as well now, Grevor. You don’t have to keep looking out for me.”

“Ah well,” he said, smiling, “you seemed so busy… and rather disinclined to return to that volcano!”

“I should have listened to you, Grevor.”

“Mmm,” he said. “Well, who is to know, hmm? There is no point dwelling on it. And I didn’t come here to gloat.”

“I thought you came here to say hello,” said Gundark.

“That… and there is one other thing.” Gundark raised an eyebrow. “Corelay… he is going to take the tests. There is nothing more useful I can teach him that he will not have to find out himself.”

“Another Padawan trained, Grevor? Congratulations. Has the Council found another for you?”

“They have… but I turned them down.”

“What? Why?”

“It’s been too long for me now, Kellan. I know I have said this before… but this time I really do mean it. I am retiring; there may be a temporary place for me on the Council for a while. Maybe I shall teach some of the younger students in temple.”

“Congratulations again!” said Gundark. “But they’ll never find a trainer to replace you.”

“Well actually,” said Grevor, “I recommended that they assign one to you.”

Me?

“Why not? It is about time you took a Padawan, Kellan. And not just you; Marcus is needed to train, and Roan has gathered a lot of experience in his time under you as well. And people to train Padawans are badly needed. The Council will assign Padawans to each of you… if you think you are up to it.”

Kellan pondered…

---

Unknown

The hologrammic image flickered slightly in the darkness

“Events have proceeded satisfactorily,” it spoke. “There are now other concerns I wish your attention to be brought to.”

“Yes, Lord Sidious,” spoke the man. “I still have much work to do in the Senate. But…”

“You have a doubt? Speak your mind and do not waste my time.”

“It is just… not everything was dealt with quite in the way I thought you wanted it to be.”

“No? Zeiton has been neutralised as a threat for decades, and Kuylen is defeated.”

“But we have no confirmation of Kuylen’s death!”

“It is irrelevant. I have far greater concerns at this time.”

“And his followers? Some of them may grow powerful; if they still have access to the Archive…” said the man worriedly, but he stopped, because of the quiet and hideous laughter coming from the cowl-clad man.

“Do not concern yourself about Kuylen or his followers. Their eradication is simply a matter of time. Already their life clock is ticking away.”

“And the Jedi? They have had exposure to the ancient Sith; Master Gundark especially may have gained insights!”

“That will not be a problem. And Master Gundark has not yet outlived her usefulness to me.”

“But…”

“Enough! It is not your place to worry about such things. Return to your work. All is proceeding as I have foreseen…”

---

The end.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 07:26 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

yeah..very nice. Instead of ultimate power...we get to be outcasts..again. stick out tongue
and the jedi get padawans..argh

though i'd be curious to who is the man adressing palpatine as sidious....i thought no-one knew..besides dooku..and he comes later.
and this one seems to be in the senate..hmm

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 07:47 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Aside from the Viceorys, and everyone who saw them talking to him...

Sidious has many agents.

Fun being on the Dark Side, eh?

BtVS

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 08:08 PM
Dexx
wingless

yeah...though....where are the satisfactions? stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 08:59 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hey, the Jedi don't even known they have been working for Darth Sidious by mistake! At least you are your own boss...

BtVS

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 09:04 PM
Dexx
wingless

yeah..but...oh well...
guess we have to have some advantages....i'm probably 'obfuscated' botu the mausoleum thing

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 09:13 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

wow!
*star wars theme*
*Credits Roll*

I get a Padawan!! yay! He/She can bring me coffee!!

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 11:13 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

it's a serious job don't underestimate it

thge most important thing is we ALL get XP (and I hope lots of it) evil face

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 12:07 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

hehe, Level up!!

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 12:23 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Haha! Hoth! Hell yes! After all these years! That was reward enough in itself!

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 01:17 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

i friggin hate hoth stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 06:37 AM
Baylin
Back in story!

Rah shivers "Couldn't you have found us a nice desert planet to hide on!" Rah grumbles to no one in particular laughing out loud

Very good Ush all's well that ends well I suppose and it is a fitting SW kind of ending for the story.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 08:17 AM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Desert planets? *shoots Rah*

You question Galder's authority?! Do you?! stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 11:24 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

Who? Moi? I would never question your authority! Just your choice of planets to hide on..... stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 08:22 AM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

awh don't worry.,...we might get a nemesis adition, to question ALL of our authorities..

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 08:56 AM