KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » SHREK

SHREK
Started by: Dim

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dim
Creativity

SHREK

I saw it on Friday ..wonderful film. I was actually suprised because I didn't think I was going to like it because in a few places the animation is a little off...but it was so that the animation didn't get in the way of the story.. I thought it was cute!

Old Post May 21st, 2001 12:19 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
phinney6
consiglieri

Yes I have been meaning to see that movie, It looks good

Old Post May 21st, 2001 02:15 AM
phinney6 is currently offline Click here to Send phinney6 a Private Message Find more posts by phinney6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Never heard of it, whats it about?

Old Post May 21st, 2001 11:50 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

It's about an Ogre (Shrek) who's sent to save a Princess so that an evil duke will give him back his swamp that's been turned into an enturment camp for fairtale characters.. It is actually alot better than it sounds. The Ogre is voiced by Mike Myers and his sidekick is a talking donkey who's voiced by Eddie Murphy. Cameron Diaz is the Princess and of course there's a spell on her and she's supposed to marry the evil Duke..and there's a dragon that's in love with the donkey.... So on and so forth.

Old Post May 22nd, 2001 08:05 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I heard that Disney were really worried about this movie.

Old Post May 22nd, 2001 05:08 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

They should be..It's a hit over here. Dreamworks seem to be closing in on Disney. We'll have to see how Atlantis does.

Old Post May 22nd, 2001 11:04 PM
Ratcat

Maybe that's what Disney need, stop them getting complacent.

Old Post May 25th, 2001 01:31 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Gehenna

Shrek was great, I hope Dreamworks doesn't screw up the sequel, but they seem like the people who could do it right.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2001 06:10 AM
Darth Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Yeah, thank God it's not Disney. laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2001 09:56 PM
Ratcat

Not big on Disney huh?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2001 11:07 PM
Chewbacca

Shrek was great. I really liked it, as I do most Dreamworks films. smile Anyways, I doubt they are closing in on Disney, they aren't even close to that big. But its still a great company. Dreamworks has similar animation to Pixar, which works with Disney, so they will be like the Pepsi & Coke of the movie industry. Where Disney is Coke of course. smile

Old Post Jun 10th, 2001 12:57 PM
Chewbacca is currently offline Click here to Send Chewbacca a Private Message Find more posts by Chewbacca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I'm not sure size matters in this instance, certain Disney execs have made worried rumblings so I hear.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2001 02:46 PM
leonglee

Shrek is a fantastic film. It was released in the UK a couple of weeks ago and I have just seen it. The humour works on two levels and it was great trying to spot various fairy tale characters. Animation was top notch. There were also some great characters particularly Mike Myer's very convincing Scottish Ogre! evil face

Old Post Jul 9th, 2001 03:45 AM
leonglee is currently offline Click here to Send leonglee a Private Message Find more posts by leonglee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I want to see it, but no one wants to go with me...my girl friend refuses, my friends wont go, I even begged my little brother to no avail......I quess I'm just going to have to go by my self, just picture it, a 20 year old guy watching Shrek, alone,..... embarrasment sad

Old Post Jul 9th, 2001 04:46 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zereil
Scoundrel

At least Disney is trying something new and obviously trying not to only do Universal sentimental musicals anymore. Shrek however is great and lots of movies put next to it at the momment should worry if people took notice...

Old Post Jul 13th, 2001 02:27 PM
Zereil is currently offline Click here to Send Zereil a Private Message Find more posts by Zereil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

I saw a preview and this is a film for Live (my daughter)when she comes of age to whatch movies like this, at the present I`m not gonna see it aint to hot on cartoons or data animated kid flicks (younger kid flicks)

[ July 18, 2001: Message edited by: finti ]

Old Post Jul 18th, 2001 11:27 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zereil
Scoundrel

I wouldnt necessarily say it could be determined purely a kid flick, its like the simpsons it can be seen on multiple levels

Old Post Jul 20th, 2001 06:14 PM
Zereil is currently offline Click here to Send Zereil a Private Message Find more posts by Zereil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I agree..it's not very kiddie in my opinion..

Old Post Jul 20th, 2001 07:38 PM
KJ
Sausages

Haven't seen it but it looks good. I wish Mike Myers would find another accent though. His Scottish one is as bad as Mel Gibsons.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2001 06:26 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

But..what's part of the reason it's so funny. wink

Old Post Aug 15th, 2001 06:52 PM