KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » the heir of slytherin

the heir of slytherin
Started by: Candy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Candy
Jedi-Quietscheentchen

the heir of slytherin

Rachel and I had a discussion, againwink
The heir of Slytherin, is only Tom Marvolo Riddle the heir of slytherin, or is everyone who has the same blood as salazar slytherin able to open the chamber?
i said only tom was able, he hasnt only the right blood, he was the ehir, the other's arnt able to. but rach said evry1 who has the some blood as slytherin is able to opüen the chamber.
what do you think?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 02:07 PM
Candy is currently offline Click here to Send Candy a Private Message Find more posts by Candy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
daeri

I think everyone that can speak parseltongue (the snake language) can open the chamber.. and.. well.. Zalazar Slytherin could speak parseltongue..

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 04:56 PM
daeri is currently offline Click here to Send daeri a Private Message Find more posts by daeri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

i agree with daeri on that one. it's not necessarily what's in your blood, but the language you speak in order to open the chamber. That's why Ginny was able to open it, because Tommy was speaking parsel-tongue THROUGH Ginny.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 05:45 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jana
-

but why would the writing say "the heir" if the blood isn't important and any parseltong could open it....
that doesn't make sense....in my opinion!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 06:14 PM
Jana is currently offline Click here to Send Jana a Private Message Find more posts by Jana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

totally valid opinion, but then how did Ginny open the chamber of secrets unless she is one of the heirs herself? Unless you're suggesting that Riddle transfused his blood into her body. I just wanna know...who's blood does she use to write all those messages on the wall? i mean, she would have to like slit her wrists in order to get that much blood to write that many messages that are as long as they were with such large characters. Anyone wanna try and help explain that to me?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 06:21 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jana
-

the messages? she wrote those messages with blood from the roosters!

i asked that very same question and phoenix said, that she opened it, 'cause she was being posessed!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 06:24 PM
Jana is currently offline Click here to Send Jana a Private Message Find more posts by Jana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eezy45
Winter is coming

i think its like in steven spielbergs series "taken", do you know it?
there are aliens since the fifties (area 51) and they make a genetical experiment: a mixture of human/alien... not every generation has special talents/abilities, but around 40 percent... what i wanted to say, i think, every 2nd/3rd generation has the ability to speak parsel.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 06:51 PM
eezy45 is currently offline Click here to Send eezy45 a Private Message Find more posts by eezy45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eezy45
Winter is coming

......well, or Tom is one of the RARE heirs of slytherin, that found out, THAT they are heirs.
oomph laughing

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 06:53 PM
eezy45 is currently offline Click here to Send eezy45 a Private Message Find more posts by eezy45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jana
-

so, ya think as well, that tom is related to salazar slytherin?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 07:05 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Parseltongue is a VERY rare talent, and the Heir's of Slytherin are the only wizards known to speak it. Voldemort ((Tom Riddle)) can speak it because he is Slytherin's heir. Ginny opened the Chamber because Tom used her body - he had no physical form, and Ginny was not involved in anything, Tom's spirit/memory did everything. Harry can speak it because, when Voldemort attacked Harry when Harry was a baby, part of Voldemorts power ((eg the ability to speak parsel tongue)) was transferred to Harry

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 08:15 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

oops forgot about the roosters...i guess i was just thinking about the movie since i read book 2 a couple of years ago. And just to Quadriple check....so your saying it has nothing to do with blood huh Phoe? well that's what i think, it's all the language and not the blood.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 08:17 PM
Jana
-

why, are the heir's of slytherin the only ones known, who know how to do it!

it sais: slytherin prefered it, if his pupils can speak it, so they couldn't be the only ones...

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 08:23 PM
Candy
Jedi-Quietscheentchen

yeah, i know it's the parsel...
but only the heir of slytherin can spek parsel, cant he? and harry can cause tom attacked him.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 08:24 PM
Candy is currently offline Click here to Send Candy a Private Message Find more posts by Candy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jana
-

how could slytherin prefered it, when his pupils could do it, when he and his relatives are the only ones , who can speak it???

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 08:26 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

heirs of slytherin are the only ones to speak it because no-one else wants to speak it ((as it is a sign of a dark wizard)) so the talent has all but disappeared

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 08:32 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jana
-

but, it is not, like the slytherins, arev the only ones, who wanna be evil, there are plenty other evil wizards, so how did the talent disapear, i know, rare was it all the time...

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 08:37 PM
Linkalicious

it disappeared because it's not something that is taught....it's something that is inherited. I don't know if any of us have enough information to say that ONLY slytherin heirs are parseltongues and the same goes for saying all Parseltongues are slytherin heirs. The only thing we know is that it IS really rare and that Voldy and Salizar both spoke it. The rest has been left unsaid for idiots like us to wonder about...

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 10:19 PM
General_Kaiden

Re: the heir of slytherin

quote:
Originally posted by Candy
Rachel and I had a discussion, againwink
The heir of Slytherin, is only Tom Marvolo Riddle the heir of slytherin, or is everyone who has the same blood as salazar slytherin able to open the chamber?
i said only tom was able, he hasnt only the right blood, he was the ehir, the other's arnt able to. but rach said evry1 who has the some blood as slytherin is able to opüen the chamber.
what do you think?

If you look into it deeply enough, one could say that technically, Riddle isn't the Heir of Slytherin, because he has Slytherin blood only on his mothers side.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 02:17 PM
General_Kaiden is currently offline Click here to Send General_Kaiden a Private Message Find more posts by General_Kaiden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

Re: Re: the heir of slytherin

quote:
Originally posted by General_Kaiden
If you look into it deeply enough, one could say that technically, Riddle isn't the Heir of Slytherin, because he has Slytherin blood only on his mothers side.

How exactly does that NOT make him the heir to Slytherin?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 05:06 PM
General_Kaiden

Re: Re: Re: the heir of slytherin

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
How exactly does that NOT make him the heir to Slytherin?

Well, technically the blood line (in the old European way of reckoning these things) is only passed through the male line, innit?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 09:19 AM
General_Kaiden is currently offline Click here to Send General_Kaiden a Private Message Find more posts by General_Kaiden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote