KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » What is better dbz or bleach?

dbz or bleach
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Dbz is way better bleach is a rip off 10 90.91%
Bleach is way better dbz is old crap 1 9.09%
Total: 11 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

What is better dbz or bleach?
Started by: Rikudo sennin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rikudo sennin

What is better dbz or bleach?

They both have the same type of story as It is all about
-Random powerups
-Plot holes
-Huge attacks
But which manga rides with this type of story better?
Is bleach a poor man dbz?
Or is dbz a poor man's bleach?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2012 04:22 PM
Rikudo sennin is currently offline Click here to Send Rikudo sennin a Private Message Find more posts by Rikudo sennin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Neither is a poor man's either. The aspects in common are ones normal in the genre (save maybe plot holes. Though I don't find DBZ too bad in that area).

And DBZ is better done.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2012 04:55 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Pretty much. Am finding it difficult to think of a bad or terrible plot hole in DBZ off that bat...which just means I can't think of any, not that they for sure don't exist.

But yeah, the DBZ cast of heroes and such are way more memorable and the fights are more engaging. DBZ is better than Bleach(and this is coming from a guy who is very lax on Bleach).

Old Post Aug 27th, 2012 06:07 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Aug 27th, 2012 06:16 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Bleach isn't a poor-man's DBZ.

It's a poor-man's Yu Yu Hakusho.

There was nothing particularly "random" about DBZ's powerups either. The Super Saiyan story as foreshadowed by every other line from Vegeta, Piccolo's powerup when merging with Nami was foreshadow by Guru in the Namek saga (He directly stated that, if Piccolo and Kami merged, he would crush Freeza), SSJ2 (and to an extent 3) were foreshadowed by the training to ascend beyond a mere SSJ, and I forget other powerups.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2012 06:52 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Lesse, there's the various near death-revive powerups, which always seem to provide just enough as needed.

Guru unlocking Krillin and Gohan enough for them to be useful.

Yadda yadda.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2012 07:23 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

The ones that apply only to the Saiyans as an explicit part of their biology?

And liar. Krillin is never useful.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2012 07:27 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rikudo sennin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Bleach isn't a poor-man's DBZ.

It's a poor-man's Yu Yu Hakusho.

There was nothing particularly "random" about DBZ's powerups either. The Super Saiyan story as foreshadowed by every other line from Vegeta, Piccolo's powerup when merging with Nami was foreshadow by Guru in the Namek saga (He directly stated that, if Piccolo and Kami merged, he would crush Freeza), SSJ2 (and to an extent 3) were foreshadowed by the training to ascend beyond a mere SSJ, and I forget other powerups.

The writing became awful after frieza saga which is where the story should have ended. No deaths mattered because of the stupid dragn balls and no matter what there would always be a new super saiyan transformation they would pull out of their ass. Granted there was some foreshadowing but overtime the power levels did not match and the writing became repetitive.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2012 07:40 PM
Rikudo sennin is currently offline Click here to Send Rikudo sennin a Private Message Find more posts by Rikudo sennin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Never watched Bleach but DBZ > Bleach

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 27th, 2012 08:09 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Rikudo sennin
The writing became awful after frieza saga which is where the story should have ended. No deaths mattered because of the stupid dragn balls and no matter what there would always be a new super saiyan transformation they would pull out of their ass. Granted there was some foreshadowing but overtime the power levels did not match and the writing became repetitive.

That's not plot-holes, though, that's just less good story.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2012 08:46 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Which to be fair, Toriyama did know that. But when your pushed to keep it going, few options...

But the Dragon Balls do kinda kill the suspense.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2012 08:58 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gecko4lif

Both are crap

The difference is one is nostalgia laced and one is a on going bout of explosive diarrhea

Old Post Aug 27th, 2012 09:00 PM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I respectfully request that you close your promiscuous lips, sir.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Aug 27th, 2012 09:06 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathcon27

i absolutely love dbz but bleach is awesome i mean in dbz no matter what happens they just fix it with the dragonballs and after the first appearance of the ssj then everyone can go ssj even trunks and goten as for bleach its u die ur screwed and since there not at the planet busting level its not like the whole planet blows up end of battle,bleach battles are never easy ones while in dbz (as much as i love it) wasted whole episodes on stupid things like powering up a kamehameha that doesnt do anything or all the stand offs also if u notice in dbz goku is almost always active in every fight and is rarely ever unable to participate for reasons like he was defeated while in bleach ichigo is actually dependent on others

Old Post Aug 28th, 2012 04:53 AM
deathcon27 is currently offline Click here to Send deathcon27 a Private Message Find more posts by deathcon27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Rikudo sennin
Those aren't plot holes.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2012 06:54 AM
Q99

Originally posted by AuraAngel
Which to be fair, Toriyama did know that. But when your pushed to keep it going, few options...

Yea, the effects of needed to extend it were clear if you look for them.

I actually liked the Cell Saga the first big expansion, since it did have the 'passing of the torch' arc to it and both the Androids and Cell were good villains, but the Buu saga really suffered by the need to not only continue but also make Goku the lead again, regressing the story. Not only was it another extension in itself, but it was originally planned to end with Mystic Gohan being the one to beat Buu, not Goku's spirit bomb.

quote:
But the Dragon Balls do kinda kill the suspense.

Especially when they got in the Namekian ones. Which he only introduced because the Freiza saga was originally going to be a near-TPK.

He really had to scramble to put things back together at the end of that.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2012 10:36 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by Q99
Yea, the effects of needed to extend it were clear if you look for them.

I actually liked the Cell Saga the first big expansion, since it did have the 'passing of the torch' arc to it and both the Androids and Cell were good villains, but the Buu saga really suffered by the need to not only continue but also make Goku the lead again, regressing the story. Not only was it another extension in itself, but it was originally planned to end with Mystic Gohan being the one to beat Buu, not Goku's spirit bomb.

Like the zillion designs for Androids/Buu forms.

I liked the Cell Saga too, for all it's problems. I also liked the Buu Saga because while I hate that Gohan ultimately achieves nothing in it(cept getting a future wife out of it I guess) for all the time focused on him, I did enjoy the fresh blood and how Mr. Satan saved the day so often. And Videl is my favorite Dragon Ball Girl. :T

Originally posted by Q99
Especially when they got in the Namekian ones. Which he only introduced because the Freiza saga was originally going to be a near-TPK.

He really had to scramble to put things back together at the end of that.

3 Wishes lulz!

I think he did a good job overall...except for the Gohan stuff. Dude literally didn't really do anything noteworthy. :T

Old Post Aug 28th, 2012 07:04 PM
Q99

Gohan did beat Cell. If the series ended there, or if Gohan had been the main hero of the Buu saga as planned, his arc would've fit.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2012 07:31 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I meant for the end end. I know he beat Cell...

He was awesome when he beat Cell too. :T

Old Post Aug 28th, 2012 07:36 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Complaining about Gohan doing shit...what the **** did Vegeta ever do besides being an arrogant and ignorant ******* who gets his ass beat by everyone?

F U Akira.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Aug 28th, 2012 at 07:49 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2012 07:47 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote